[quote user="GazzaTCC"]Makes our Smudger sound like a Premiership glory boy to me[/quote]

Yeah obviously... when I started supporting us we were a Div 2 mid-table club....  I have supported us through two previous relegations.  Just because I saw this mess coming way back in October 2005 does not mean I am a premiership glory boy...

If we went down or stay in this division and get shot of Delia & her cronies I would be back like a shot!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]Makes our Smudger sound like a Premiership glory boy to me[/quote]

I have supported us through two previous relegations.  [/quote]

Surely there were three previous relegations for suppoerters of your long standing Smudge! Which was the other one where you gave up on the  club??

[quote user="Smudger"]

I am scared of us losing but another half of me feels that it may be in the long term best interests of the club...

[/quote]

I take it you mean that because a defeat would steer us closer to relegation.

Relegation has never been and will never be in the best interests of any club in the world. Why? Because there''s never any gaurentee that you''ll go back up.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

Surely there were three previous relegations for suppoerters of your long standing Smudge! Which was the other one where you gave up on the  club??

[/quote]

No only two Nutty...

1982... the start of the Martin O''Neill inspired run that saw us promoted to the old Div 1 (now premiership)...  Sorry I was talking in old money...

Supported us throughout 1985-86 and again through the long bleak years after 1994

I am not that long standing only 25 years...  I am a 32 year old....  going back as far as you are thinking I would of been too young really.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

No only two Nutty...

1982... the start of the Martin O''Neill inspired run that saw us promoted to the old Div 1 (now premiership)...  Sorry I was talking in old money...

Supported us throughout 1985-86 and again through the long bleak years after 1994

I am not that long standing only 25 years...  I am a 32 year old....  going back as far as you are thinking I would of been too young really.

[/quote]

Then you haven''t supported us through two previous relegations then, have you Smudger?

This mid-table Division Two side never existed as we were never classed as a mid-table Division Two club between 1971 and 1995.

I would suggest to you all that if Smudger wasn''t a genuine supporter of this club then he wouldn''t bother coming on here....and why ? because he wouldn''t be sufficiently interested to cast an opinion.  I agree some of his opninions are a touch extreme and misguided but i also agree with alot of what he says.  I mean can anyone really big this board and say that they havn''t grossly mismanaged this football since that fateful May Sunday by the Thames ??? well, if you can it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Give the guy a break he just cares about this football club of ours.

OTBC

[quote user="Smudger"]

It is the first time in 25 years of supporting NCFC when I can honestly say that I would not know how I feel if we stay up or if we go down... apart from sick at how this club is being ran obviously.

I hope they can pull it off today for all you fans that remain optimistic.... but I realy have my doubts.  [:(]

[/quote]

I think that says it all really...you are here just to spread your poison at one particular person and are not really interested in the football and City!

Blimey Smudger......being savaged by sheep here I see. May I suggest a little secret I gleaned from the film Babe? Apparently if you speak to the sheep nicely (like Delia does) and say Baaah ram ewe.....Baaah ram ewe....they will do anything you want them to!...even to the point of believing you are some kind of "Messionic" figure......

Just a suggestion and worth a try eh?................[;)]

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Blimey Smudger......being savaged by sheep here I see. May I suggest a little secret I gleaned from the film Babe? Apparently if you speak to the sheep nicely (like Delia does) and say Baaah ram ewe.....Baaah ram ewe....they will do anything you want them to!...even to the point of believing you are some kind of "Messionic" figure......

[/quote]

At least us sheep need not fear that bird flu virus! Best you fly away for a brief holiday maybe and leave the sheep to graze with a win or else you may catch a cold!

[/quote]

Or alternatively, you could not take every little morsal that revolves around our club and turn it into something negative.

Thats why you get no respect, thats why noone listens to you, that''s why you are a laughing stock because it simply isn''t the case that every thing is a bad thing. Yes of course, some things are but not everything like you suggest.

There are however a number of posters who whilst submitting a degree of posts that do have negative elements, will also provide good foundation, judgment and reasoning. They of course are welcome as part of a good debate.

This sheep thing is a point in case. Who are these sheep? Those who think everything at the club is rosey? Well I don''t know or have ever seen a single fan that thinks that and in fact if you were bold enough to ask the question, you would find out that that is far from the truth, even on this board.

However you are subject to a great deal of flack, purely because your comments are so far in one extreem. So don''t be surprised when the majority rip you to shreds. You deserve it.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

Or alternatively, you could not take every little morsal that revolves around our club and turn it into something negative.

Thats why you get no respect, thats why noone listens to you, that''s why you are a laughing stock because it simply isn''t the case that every thing is a bad thing. Yes of course, some things are but not everything like you suggest.

There are however a number of posters who whilst submitting a degree of posts that do have negative elements, will also provide good foundation, judgment and reasoning. They of course are welcome as part of a good debate.

This sheep thing is a point in case. Who are these sheep? Those who think everything at the club is rosey? Well I don''t know or have ever seen a single fan that thinks that and in fact if you were bold enough to ask the question, you would find out that that is far from the truth, even on this board.

However you are subject to a great deal of flack, purely because your comments are so far in one extreem. So don''t be surprised when the majority rip you to shreds. You deserve it.

[/quote]

Rip me to shreds?.......Ha ha ha ha.........I may have been "gummed" a few times.....but teeth come with reality and sadly there is little evidence of that from what I''ve seen from the so called "faithful".......

The difference between me and a select few others is that we don''t post for approval....whereas many others like yourself do. That''s an issue for you to think about.....not me. If you and your "chums" get criticised, it''s the end of the world.........for me it''s just part of the "game".....Maybe you just take yourselves and your opinions a little bit too seriously....whereas I don''t really care who agrees with me or not. It is my opinion.... not a cast iron certainty....

Another thing with reality is that a realist only deals with facts before him/her.....not flights of fancy. When we are doing well I will deal with that in a positive way....when we are being manipulated and taken for mugs....I will deal with that in a "realistic" way. I''ll leave the false positivity to you guys as it''s not my scene I''m afraid......Negativity surely is in the eye of the beholder....and could just as well be viewed as "you not getting your own way". 

These things we just have to live with I''m afraid...................

[/quote]

Hi cluck, i like your style when you refer to sheep , you are doing me no end of good , any one want some lamb chops ?

The relative perceptions of reality differ, Cluck. You have your opinion, I have mine. All I ask, and probably many others on here too, is that you don''t reride and show a little more respect to others who differ from your own. If the likes of you and Smudger did that, you might, in return, get a little more respect from others on here. And that has nothing to do with posting for approval.

It is pretty clear what happened, Smudger was not at the game, but listened to the game/got match updates from a friend/relation who was at the game and unhappy at the result got himself down to CR to protest. I hate to see Smudge singled out, I do not always agree with what he says or his approach but he has every right to voice his opinion. As I have said in other posts, fair dues to the guy he has his opinion and he has voted with his feet, as a point of principal. Where I do think he goes wrong is trying to "convert" people who clearly do not have the same opinions as himself, the generalised attacks on those of us who choose to continue to go to games and the often outrageous comments about players he has not seen.

To me it raises a couple of interesting points - There is a danger that when you believe so strongly that you are right you can begin to believe that your opinions are fact. If you rely on "second hand" information be it a match commentary or the opinions of somebody that attended a game there is a danger that you do not see the full picture, the Wolves game is a case in point - There were comments on this board along the lines of Norwich lose to 9 man Wolves, whilst factually correct that Wolves ended up with 9 men the second player got sent off in the 89th/90th minute and there was very little time for Norwich to take advantage of their numerical advantage. Similarly whilst the record books will show a 1-0 defeat, the actual performance/attitude of the players was a lot better (not difficult I know!), and the Wolves goal led a charmed life, I have played in similar games where my team has battered the opposition only for us to lose the game as a result of the opposition scoring with the only chance they created, sometimes it really is nobodys fault.....

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]The relative perceptions of reality differ, Cluck. You have your opinion, I have mine. All I ask, and probably many others on here too, is that you don''t reride and show a little more respect to others who differ from your own. If the likes of you and Smudger did that, you might, in return, get a little more respect from others on here. And that has nothing to do with posting for approval.[/quote]

Gazza....it''s a computer forum (and a moderated one at that)...and if anyone takes offence on here, they must have a very hard time in real life. Contrary to popular opinion...I rarely start threads on here and rarely enter threads which don''t appeal to my particular "hobby-horse"....which is the running of the club and it''s general direction. Am I to be excluded from putting a different perspective on things for fear of "not getting it right"? If that''s the case.....it would become little more than a group hug on here....and dull in the extreme.

With all due respect...I really don''t care whether I am given respect or not.....and if being focused on an issue being discussed is classed as "deriding" the sensitive.....all hope is lost for democracy. Yes I''m pretty uncompromising and direct....but that''s how I am in "real life".....and people usually appreciate me for that. Skirting issues for the sake of social correctness may be the modern way....but when I see a spade....that''s exactly what it is.....a spade.

As with Smudger....we have our own take on things which obviously some of you find offensive....but equally, some of you have a stance which we often find wholly offensive too. What will be the "correct" outcome of that then? Surely that''s why we should have such heated debate isn''t it if we are to co-exist?

Luckily for you it would appear....I do not subscribe to any other site or forum on any other topic....but come to the Pinkun to break my "block" when writing.....It''s harmless fun to have a chuckle at Mello and the other class acts who post.....and that''s how it should be seen......just a bit of fun.............  

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]The relative perceptions of reality differ, Cluck. You have your opinion, I have mine. All I ask, and probably many others on here too, is that you don''t reride and show a little more respect to others who differ from your own. If the likes of you and Smudger did that, you might, in return, get a little more respect from others on here. And that has nothing to do with posting for approval.[/quote]

Gazza....it''s a computer forum (and a moderated one at that)...and if anyone takes offence on here, they must have a very hard time in real life. Contrary to popular opinion...I rarely start threads on here and rarely enter threads which don''t appeal to my particular "hobby-horse"....which is the running of the club and it''s general direction. Am I to be excluded from putting a different perspective on things for fear of "not getting it right"? If that''s the case.....it would become little more than a group hug on here....and dull in the extreme.

With all due respect...I really don''t care whether I am given respect or not.....and if being focused on an issue being discussed is classed as "deriding" the sensitive.....all hope is lost for democracy. Yes I''m pretty uncompromising and direct....but that''s how I am in "real life".....and people usually appreciate me for that. Skirting issues for the sake of social correctness may be the modern way....but when I see a spade....that''s exactly what it is.....a spade.

As with Smudger....we have our own take on things which obviously some of you find offensive....but equally, some of you have a stance which we often find wholly offensive too. What will be the "correct" outcome of that then? Surely that''s why we should have such heated debate isn''t it if we are to co-exist?

Luckily for you it would appear....I do not subscribe to any other site or forum on any other topic....but come to the Pinkun to break my "block" when writing.....It''s harmless fun to have a chuckle at Mello and the other class acts who post.....and that''s how it should be seen......just a bit of fun.............  

[/quote]

Cluck, you have the wonderful ability to take somone''s comments and put your own spin on the implications thereof, often completely inaccurate.

You are not excluded, thank god, but you seem to take great offence to those who take a different view from yourself. That DOES NOT mean we support the Board, the manager or certain players.

If your want respect, forget it, you are one of the biggest muppets on this site and, luckily for us, all I can say is thank god the club isn''t in your hands, or Smudgers for that matter. 

No sensitivity for you there !!!!

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

Cluck, you have the wonderful ability to take somone''s comments and put your own spin on the implications thereof, often completely inaccurate.

You are not excluded, thank god, but you seem to take great offence to those who take a different view from yourself. That DOES NOT mean we support the Board, the manager or certain players.

If your want respect, forget it, you are one of the biggest muppets on this site and, luckily for us, all I can say is thank god the club isn''t in your hands, or Smudgers for that matter. 

No sensitivity for you there !!!!

[/quote]

I''ll sleep ok tonight................[:)]

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rip me to shreds?.......Ha ha ha ha.........I may have been "gummed" a few times.....but teeth come with reality and sadly there is little evidence of that from what I''ve seen from the so called "faithful".......

The difference between me and a select few others is that we don''t post for approval....whereas many others like yourself do. That''s an issue for you to think about.....not me. If you and your "chums" get criticised, it''s the end of the world.........for me it''s just part of the "game".....Maybe you just take yourselves and your opinions a little bit too seriously....whereas I don''t really care who agrees with me or not. It is my opinion.... not a cast iron certainty....

Another thing with reality is that a realist only deals with facts before him/her.....not flights of fancy. When we are doing well I will deal with that in a positive way....when we are being manipulated and taken for mugs....I will deal with that in a "realistic" way. I''ll leave the false positivity to you guys as it''s not my scene I''m afraid......Negativity surely is in the eye of the beholder....and could just as well be viewed as "you not getting your own way". 

[/quote]

So called faithful? In your head not any one elses I''m afraid.

What has ever made you think I or others post for approval? Fantasy to say the least that one.

I or others don''t appear or in fact are getting criticised, we are engaged in debate most often. The two situations you clearly have no understanding of.

Take myself seriously? Not in the slightest and the nature of your post with it''s bold print and itallic handywork suggest you desperately are trying to convey your opinion in a more serious manner than anyone has attempted to from day one. Clearly you do care and it''s touching. Not touching though in an emotive sense. More like Garry Glitter. It''s horrific.

Your opinion (as you put it in bold) is welcome because it gives me something to laugh at. Why would I come here otherwise? Humour is essentail in all our lives.

The best bit is your link with your comments and reality. Presumption, guesswork and slander don''t make up any form of reality. So how can I debate any sort of football related issue with you when you dont have the fundametals yet.

You don''t reply to honest questions, so that alone tells us you don''t have an honest answer. You contradict yourself. Who do you think is going to take you seriously? And that''s before all of the fleeting conjecture.

You don''t have a case, so despite your claims that everyone tries so hard and cares too much. The efforts of your posts clearly point out you care greatly about yourself but the content demonstartes you don''t care enough to do the ground work or have the decency to maintain a debate.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What has ever made you think I or others post for approval? Fantasy to say the least that one.

I or others don''t appear or in fact are getting criticised, we are engaged in debate most often. The two situations you clearly have no understanding of.

Take myself seriously? Not in the slightest and the nature of your post with it''s bold print and itallic handywork suggest you desperately are trying to convey your opinion in a more serious manner than anyone has attempted to from day one. Clearly you do care and it''s touching. Not touching though in an emotive sense. More like Garry Glitter. It''s horrific.

Your opinion (as you put it in bold) is welcome because it gives me something to laugh at. Why would I come here otherwise? Humour is essentail in all our lives.

The best bit is your link with your comments and reality. Presumption, guesswork and slander don''t make up any form of reality. So how can I debate any sort of football related issue with you when you dont have the fundametals yet.

You don''t reply to honest questions, so that alone tells us you don''t have an honest answer. You contradict yourself. Who do you think is going to take you seriously? And that''s before all of the fleeting conjecture.

You don''t have a case, so despite your claims that everyone tries so hard and cares too much. The efforts of your posts clearly point out you care greatly about yourself but the content demonstartes you don''t care enough to do the ground work or have the decency to maintain a debate.

[/quote]

Emotional bilge I''m afraid.....because trying to convey a realistic point on here was always (please note bold) pointless. Too many little packs scratching each other''s backs...and far too many self obsessed posters wanting to score points and seek approval. 

Like I say....I don''t give a monkeys about the personal abuse I get on here...as it is all down to ignorance. I believe the "Gary Glitter" comment to be the lowest level of attempted "wit" to date.....so first prize to you there.

The above goes to prove that you only read what you want to read into posts....and if that contradicts your own blinkered view...you bleat.

Hilarious.........

oh dear what did I start here?

Honestly some people ask for the truth and then do not like the answers when they hear them!!!

I like you CLUCK just post my opinions whether people like them or not...  Like you rightly point out there is enough cloak & daggers nature in the real world... if people can''t be bluntly honest on an internet forum then what hope is there?  I do not give a damn whether people approve of my posts or not... I do not purposefully set out to offend anybody and 99.9% of my posts are purely documented on issues surrounding NCFC.  If the my views on the curent issues at the club are extreme and cause irritation to some people then I apologise to them...

However for each couple of people my posts annoy there is another person who starts to question their own stance (who say to themselves that maybe this guy Smudger may have a point).  There are also other people on here who have grown in number over the last few months that agree with many of my own opinions.

Thanks to MELLO once again.... [Y]  [;)]

and also SONS OF BODICEA (somebody who doesn''t agree with most of what I have to say but who has also found the time to understand my thought pattern of why I think how I think and show my dissaproval by acting in the manner that I have).  [Y]

[quote user="sussexcanary"]

I would suggest to you all that if Smudger wasn''t a genuine supporter of this club then he wouldn''t bother coming on here....and why ? because he wouldn''t be sufficiently interested to cast an opinion.  I agree some of his opninions are a touch extreme and misguided but i also agree with alot of what he says.  I mean can anyone really big this board and say that they havn''t grossly mismanaged this football since that fateful May Sunday by the Thames ??? well, if you can it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Give the guy a break he just cares about this football club of ours.

OTBC

[/quote]

100% spot on SUSSEX!!!  [Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

No only two Nutty...

[/quote]

Then you haven''t supported us through two previous relegations then, have you Smudger?

This mid-table Division Two side never existed as we were never classed as a mid-table Division Two club between 1971 and 1995.

[/quote]

Yes I have!!!  Now three in total...

1985, 1995 and obviously 2005...  I suggest you swot up on your NCFC history books again Nutty!!!

We were Div 2 (Old money... ie - this league) mid-table when I started supporting us (prior to the Martin O''Neill inspired 1982 promotion charge).

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

No only two Nutty...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I have!!!  Now three in total...

1985, 1995 and obviously 2005...  I suggest you swot up on your NCFC history books again Nutty!!!

We were Div 2 (Old money... ie - this league) mid-table when I started supporting us (prior to the Martin O''Neill inspired 1982 promotion charge).

[/quote]

Ok YOUNG Smudge, I stand corrected [;)]

However, in my defence I would just like to say that I would class anything that happened nearly 2 years ago as happening previously, but I also take your point about the other 2 relegations being previous to the last one.

So we are in agreement....

But don''t hold ya breath! [;)]

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Emotional bilge I''m afraid.....because trying to convey a realistic point on here was always (please note bold) pointless. Too many little packs scratching each other''s backs...and far too many self obsessed posters wanting to score points and seek approval. 

Like I say....I don''t give a monkeys about the personal abuse I get on here...as it is all down to ignorance. I believe the "Gary Glitter" comment to be the lowest level of attempted "wit" to date.....so first prize to you there.

The above goes to prove that you only read what you want to read into posts....and if that contradicts your own blinkered view...you bleat.

Hilarious.........

[/quote]

That would be the case if I were to not debate points with fellow posters, however I do and this in it''s self quashes your belief. Perhaps if you were to not only ''read what you want'' as you put it, you would know this but you don''t so you don''t. That''s the ignorance factor in it''s finest form. It was amusing to see you try and describe ignorance with ignorance.

Back to your first paragraph though. ''Trying to convey a realistic point on here was always pointless'' How would you know that? Step one, make a realistic point, step two, see people attempts to debate the point in a fair way. You haven''t made step one yet so don''t be surprised when step two doesn''t follow. I can''t believe I''m actually having to break this down for you but I hope it helps.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hilarious.........

[/quote]

That would be the case if I were to not debate points with fellow posters, however I do and this in it''s self quashes your belief. Perhaps if you were to not only ''read what you want'' as you put it, you would know this but you don''t so you don''t. That''s the ignorance factor in it''s finest form. It was amusing to see you try and describe ignorance with ignorance.

Back to your first paragraph though. ''Trying to convey a realistic point on here was always pointless'' How would you know that? Step one, make a realistic point, step two, see people attempts to debate the point in a fair way. You haven''t made step one yet so don''t be surprised when step two doesn''t follow. I can''t believe I''m actually having to break this down for you but I hope it helps.

[/quote]

What a pretentious little fellow you are to be sure........If infact you are so far up your own bottom that you are unable to deal with reality.....I feel further communication here is pointless.....However... I will allow you the final word if it helps your fragile ego........

Fire away............[:)]

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][

What a pretentious little fellow you are to be sure........If infact you are so far up your own bottom that you are unable to deal with reality.....I feel further communication here is pointless.....However... I will allow you the final word if it helps your fragile ego........

Fire away............[:)]

[/quote]

You always say that when you run out of an argument for your case. Why don''t you just do something about it and try and be a bit more rounded. It would solve all of your problems and who knows, we might be able to debate topics in an proper manner. The same way I do with 99% of posters.

Just give it a go. Seriously, you might like it and it doesn''t mean agreeing with everything or everyone. It just means you get to take on board all of the facts before shooting your mouth off. If you don''t decide to do that, then your situation on here won''t improve and you will continue to not be taken seriously. Is that what you really want?

Cluck v Yellow Rages

Ding Ding! end of the bout as both fighters retire hurt.

And on the actual thread Brown, Fozzy etc etc NCFC Legends?

NO and never will be.