Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

TEAM FOR SATURDAY?

will be interesting to see if mr grant does make changes as he said after last weeks pathetic no show? i hope he does but i dont think they will be as drastic as some might hope for. i think he will go 4-5-1, with this lot, marshall, colin, drury, dublin, doc, hughes, robinson, safri, croft, croft, hux, brown. 

however, i would hope to see 442 with this team: marshall, colin, drury, shax(if fit), dublin, croft, hux, safri, spillane, brown, martin.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

will be interesting to see if mr grant does make changes as he said after last weeks pathetic no show? i hope he does but i dont think they will be as drastic as some might hope for. i think he will go 4-5-1, with this lot, marshall, colin, drury, dublin, doc, hughes, robinson, safri, croft, croft, hux, brown. 

however, i would hope to see 442 with this team: marshall, colin, drury, shax(if fit), dublin, croft, hux, safri, spillane, brown, martin.

[/quote]

My god, a post about football! Nice one Baldyboy.

Listening to Grant''s comments on the radio this morning he said that Chris Martin will have a part to play now that Earnie is injured so hopefully he''ll get a chance.

I like the look of your team although, like many people I suspect, I''ve not seen Spillane play in CM. Based on this I''d probably go with your team but give Etuhu another chance with Spilane starting on the bench.

I''d go with Marshall; Colin, Dublin, Shack, Drury; Croft, Etuhu, Safri, Hucks; Brown, Martin, with Gallacher, Doherty, Spillane, McVeigh and Eagle on the bench. If Shack isn''t fit though Doherty would have to play.... please God let Shack be fit.

I''d have:               MarshallColin, Dublin, Shacks, Drury       (Spillane if not Shacks)       Etuhu, RossiJ, SafriCroft                           Hucks                 BrownBench: Lewis (GK), Hughes (R/LB), Martin (ST/CM), Spillane (CB), Eagle (L/RW)   (Doc if not Spillane)Bracketted positions are where I and player thast gets injured would be playing for them to come on. (an injury in CM involves changing to having 2 strikers)If more attacking is needed, move dion up front for a bit.

I''d push Hucks through the middle, to play off Brown, with McVeigh back in his old position of wide left.

This would give us some kind of pace and goal scoring threat through the middle in the absence of Earnie, and allow Dion to return to centre-half at the expense of that useless oaf  Docherty. McVeigh is (or at least was) better at tracking back and helping out his full-back too.

I''m guessing also that Celtic didn''t loan us Marshall to put him on the bench, so...

Marshall

Colin  Dublin Shackell Drury

Croft   Safri  Etuhu   McVeigh

Brown  Huckerby

I''d also spend at least 30 minutes before the game riling Gentle Dixon (calling him names, general teasing etc...) in the hope that he might finally find enough aggression to his game to make a tackle...

Oh, and I''d tell Carl Robinson the game was being played at, say Cardiff instead, because of the bad weather, and suggest he make his own way there...

[quote user="baldyboy"]

[/quote]I am like yourself thee 442 formation would be the one i hope he uses.

I would go for

Marshall

Rossi J      Dublin      Shackall   Drury

Croft      Safri     Spillane   Huckerby

Martin      Brown

Subs: Lewis, Doherty, Etuhu, Hughes, Ryan J

I think its time we gave the youngsters a go now. It may be harsh to drop Colin but is he really a long term option. Etuhu doesnt seem bothered and so Spillane might as well get a chance aheado f robinson and hughes. Doherty has to be dropped, and Dublin in defence in my view is a good thing, partly becasue a brown  and dublin partnership may not work. Martin should play, not Jarvis. Marshall has too play in goal after recent showings.

Some will say, you cant put them in at the deep end, you cant play them, at the moment, you cant play them together but you can. They will show more commitment and passion than the players theyve replaced and playing with fellow youngsters will help each other settle in.

Marshall

Colin   Dublin   Shackell   Hughes

Croft   Safri    Spillane  Huckerby

Brown  Martin

Gallagher, Drury, McVeigh, Robinson, Doherty

I''m not really sure of the team we should play on Saturday as I''ve not been keeping tabs on who''s fit etc. Personally I''m not really a fan of playing the youngsters as most of them are miles off the standard we need. People often suggest that young players who don''t often get a chance will work really hard for the team etc but look at Ryan Jarvis...he''s usually fairly lazy when he gets a game. Chris Martin looks like he''s got a bit of ability but he''s nowhere near this level yet and most of the others fall way short.

It looks like we need 2 new centrebacks to go with our new goalkeeper. Doherty has lost the form and confidence he showed towards the end of the Worthington era and Jason Shackell just isn''t good enough. Lots of people have been very quick to put the blame on the the Doc, but Shacks is a weak centreback. I remember when we had Davenport on loan, the City staff thought they were better off with Shackell over him. But Davenport has played for Spurs and he''s now gone to West Ham. Is Shacks ever going to play for a big club like that? No chance.

Also Jurgen Colin...intelligent on the ball, very tidy with the ball at his feet. He''s not the strongest defender ever though and his crossing is awful.

In conclusion we need more strength at the back and obviously now another striker to come in. At least 2 new defenders and a new striker and Norwich will start to have a pretty tasty squad.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

[/quote] I''m sure he will make one or two changes but due to the size of our squad sweeping changes isn''t really an option unfortunately. If I was picking the team I would play:

Marshall

Colin Doherty Halliday Drury

Croft Safri Etuhu Huckerby

Dublin Martin

Subs: Gallagher, Spillane, Brown, Bally Smart, Robinson/Hughes