Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Lets explode the myth now!.

Delia ''lala'' Smith has given the club sod all in money terms, loaned yes, but given..........no!. I shall be gracious and say I half believe her when she said last night that she WOULD sell up if the right offer was made for her shares..............although she could use the ''right offer'' as an excuse to hold on!.

No, she hasn''t given us anything, she will get her millions back, and with intrest no doubt...................don''t fret about that. And in the meantime, under her leadership, the club has crumbled.

Myth?.... ..............Saint Delia.

Reality...................A kind woman with a big heart...........................but totally out of her depth.

Advice?................Sell up and stick to cooking dear!..

Wrong, Wiz...she has loaned money to the club and then written off and  not received it back.

And incidentally the loans were interest free.

I don''t think you will find any financial institution who will lend money free of interest.

In addition who would lend to a football club wihtout guarantees and even if you had any what are they worth? Probably next to nothing.

She is passionate about the club and put her money where her mouth is, so what right have you got to critisize?

[quote user="mikemiddle"]out of order wiz delia,s done everthing for this club and because we playing crap does not mean its her fault.[/quote]agreed, a large part has to be down to the players. who show no passion or motivation. They are in real terms - pure C**P

Yep....nothing like buying a bowl of fruit....allowing it to go rotten...than complain/declare that no-one would want to buy it?

Great vision that Deliliar....and it''s far far too late to play the old innocence trick. Following your slushily sentimental coronation 10 years ago....those that bought the celebrity dream are now left to make endless excuses or abandon ship.

A few patronsing and well rehearsed words at the club AGM cannot sweep away the facts. You and your Disciples have failed miserably....now please move on....if infact it is not already too late to do so.

No-one is saying you are a bad person...or that it has been done deliberately...but boiling an egg is somewhat different to carrying the hopes of tens of thousands of fans...so please finally accept that.........and go.

Look whilst i think there are many things you can criiticise the current regime for (and I do not buy the line that delia saved us from going bust as I simply don''t think that would ever happen). These accusations that she is in it to make money or is somehow taking money out of the club are ridiculous. She has ploughed a lot of her own money into the club and given a lot of her own time over the last few years to make money for the club. She did not have to do that. Ok yes much of the money is in the form of loans but no banks would lend us the amount of money she has and write off all of the interest. She is also not going to suddenly demand that money back at any time when the club cannot afford it.

Call them naive, over cautious, lacking in ruthlessness ye and for that reason i would very much like to see some new investment and perhaps some new directors in the club who are prepared to take a harder line on football matters.  I do however genuinely believe their heart is in the right place and they are in the football club for the right reasons.

Delia may well have put her money into the club but is anyone aware that apparently the loans are all secured against the Colney training ground. Colney is a prime development site for any investor.( For any investor wish to jump ship in a rush) Would N.C.F.C be in a position to pay her if she went in order to keep Colney?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Look whilst i think there are many things you can criiticise the current regime for (and I do not buy the line that delia saved us from going bust as I simply don''t think that would ever happen). These accusations that she is in it to make money or is somehow taking money out of the club are ridiculous. She has ploughed a lot of her own money into the club and given a lot of her own time over the last few years to make money for the club. She did not have to do that. Ok yes much of the money is in the form of loans but no banks would lend us the amount of money she has and write off all of the interest. She is also not going to suddenly demand that money back at any time when the club cannot afford it.

Call them naive, over cautious, lacking in ruthlessness ye and for that reason i would very much like to see some new investment and perhaps some new directors in the club who are prepared to take a harder line on football matters.  I do however genuinely believe their heart is in the right place and they are in the football club for the right reasons.

[/quote]

Heads run businesses...not hearts.

I can honestly see where the sentimentality is coming from here...AND the need to stand full square behind a publicly respected person.....but this is a football club supported by many thousands of paying customers...and sentiment HAS to be avoided.

Had DS been Club President or some such position within the Boardroom I wouldn''t be complaining about anything. She may well be a "loyal fan" as it is endlessly claimed.....but like a dearly loved sick animal....sometimes the kindest thing to do is to end it''s misery out of that very same "love"....not because you don''t like it any more. NCFC is sick....and DS should seek to end it''s misery now...before it''s too late for it to recover. The diffence here being though.... that this sick animal is loved by many thousands of others besides her........

[quote user="Grumpy "]Delia may well have put her money into the club but is anyone aware that apparently the loans are all secured against the Colney training ground. Colney is a prime development site for any investor.( For any investor wish to jump ship in a rush) Would N.C.F.C be in a position to pay her if she went in order to keep Colney?[/quote]

they spend most of their time training at the UEA now anyway.... would we really miss Colney?

jas :)

[quote user="Cluck"]

Yep....nothing like buying a bowl of fruit....allowing it to go rotten...than complain/declare that no-one would want to buy it?

Great vision that Deliliar....and it''s far far too late to play the old innocence trick. Following your slushily sentimental coronation 10 years ago....those that bought the celebrity dream are now left to make endless excuses or abandon ship.

A few patronsing and well rehearsed words at the club AGM cannot sweep away the facts. You and your Disciples have failed miserably....now please move on....if infact it is not already too late to do so.

No-one is saying you are a bad person...or that it has been done deliberately...but boiling an egg is somewhat different to carrying the hopes of tens of thousands of fans...so please finally accept that.........and go.

[/quote]

The joy of hindsight eh?...

I''m not convinced it was so obvious that everything was going to rot 14 months ago... (although I''m sure some will disagree).

They probably also believed that the manager in charge of fruit stock at the time knew what he was doing and was buying in good quality apples, which sadly seem to have turned into over-ripe bananas....

(I''m not picking on you today Clack I promise...[;)])

I agree entirely about heads running businesses not hearts and that is one of the reasons why we need new faces on the board, preferably as a result of new investment in the club. We definitely need a more ruthless streak in the boardroom when it comes to the football side of things which is, at the end of the day, the whole point of the club. We need to be more ambitious and have less of the "little old Norwich" nonsense. I''m not sure the current board is capable of doing that as I don''t think they recognise the mistakes they have made in the last 2 seasons.

All i was trying to say is that it irks me when people suggest that MWJ and Delia have/had some ulterior or sinister motive for putting their time and money into the club or that they are deliberately sacrificing the clubs sucess in order to protect their own investment. I''m as frustrated as the next fan but such accusations are simply unfair.

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

I''m not convinced it was so obvious that everything was going to rot 14 months ago... (although I''m sure some will disagree).

They probably also believed that the manager in charge of fruit stock at the time knew what he was doing and was buying in good quality apples, which sadly seem to have turned into over-ripe bananas....

[/quote]

Many fans would tell you that it was well over 14 months ago - before the actual ''rot'' set in. It was a continuing point of serious debate and discussion in the bars and bazaars before and after games - both home and away. (have a meander back to the backdated earlier posts on this forum).   Maybe we can assemble some ''stocks'' (as well as shares) so we can put those who are responsible for our demise or temporary fall from grace, and pelt them with the said rotten groceries.

I see that there are no interested clubs swarming around our orchard of a club - hoping for a windfall or rich pickings of our ''quality'' basket of over ripe and aged fruit. We have one temporarily ''bruised'' apple that will be back on the shelf and available to interested parties when healed.

Another posting with a couple of people telling Delia to move on and sell (must have ben about the 100th this week all from the same people).  But yet again these posters do not give any inclination from the queue of people waiting to buy the club whom she should sell to.  Names please.  Exactly there are none.  Cant just sell to thin air can you.

[quote user="mikemiddle"]out of order wiz delia,s done everthing for this club and because we playing crap does not mean its her fault.[/quote]

THE BUCK STOPS AT THE TOP.

[quote user="Bomber"]Another posting with a couple of people telling Delia to move on and sell (must have ben about the 100th this week all from the same people).  But yet again these posters do not give any inclination from the queue of people waiting to buy the club whom she should sell to.  Names please.  Exactly there are none.  Cant just sell to thin air can you.[/quote]

so when chase sold up to watling Bomber, u wrote to the club pleading with him to sell the shares to Delia smith?

No.. u didnt.. she threw her hat in the ring when the opportuinty arose.. thats how business works! no one will write to a big money man/woman asking them to buy the club because it doesnt happen.. Businessmen act.. they dont get invited to act.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

No.. u didnt.. she threw her hat in the ring when the opportuinty arose.. thats how business works! no one will write to a big money man/woman asking them to buy the club because it doesnt happen.. Businessmen act.. they dont get invited to act.

[/quote]

Actually she didn''t, she was invited. But why let the facts get in the way of stuff you make up!

''When the whole Chase collapse happened,'' she says, ''a board director called Martin Armstrong said if we could put half a million in each we could both have a seat on the board. We were desperate to watch a flourishing, brilliant football club and we felt we had an opportunity to do something about it. As supporters you feel so powerless and hopeless and we had the opportunity to do something about it. It was not a big decision.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Actually she didn''t, she was invited. But why let the facts get in the way of stuff you make up!

''When the whole Chase collapse happened,'' she says, ''a board director called Martin Armstrong said if we could put half a million in each we could both have a seat on the board. We were desperate to watch a flourishing, brilliant football club and we felt we had an opportunity to do something about it. As supporters you feel so powerless and hopeless and we had the opportunity to do something about it. It was not a big decision.

[/quote]

Exactly Nutty...  So why then is Delia not beating down Souness''s door with a $. hitty stick at the moment instead of issuing pointless statements as she has done last night...

Why is she not acting by contacting the potential buyers that she knows out there?

Of course we all know the answer to that is that she isn''t wanting to sell at all and the statement issued last night was just another piece of PR spint to pull the wool over many deluded fans eyes!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

But I''ve been frequently reading on this board that DS and MWJ  saved the Club from extinction since apparently we were 24 hours from bankruptcy, so where did the other £5,000,000 come from to pay the Bank, or were we not nearly as close to financial ruin as some might have us believe?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Many fans would tell you that it was well over 14 months ago - before the actual ''rot'' set in. It was a continuing point of serious debate and discussion in the bars and bazaars before and after games - both home and away. (have a meander back to the backdated earlier posts on this forum).   Maybe we can assemble some ''stocks'' (as well as shares) so we can put those who are responsible for our demise or temporary fall from grace, and pelt them with the said rotten groceries.

I see that there are no interested clubs swarming around our orchard of a club - hoping for a windfall or rich pickings of our ''quality'' basket of over ripe and aged fruit. We have one temporarily ''bruised'' apple that will be back on the shelf and available to interested parties when healed.

[/quote]

"Many Fans" - assumption. Most of the fans I have contact with - of our club and of others had us down for defenite promotion contenders. I would not be as forward to suggest that these people are "many" suggesting any sort of majority.

Having seen Green go at the beggining of the season, Etuhu, Safri and Earnshaw linked with higher clubs I think its a little unfair to suggest that there is no interest in our squad. To add to that you now have Fleming leaving on loan to Wolves which is slightly strange considering their position in the table compaired to ours.

No, I would suggest that for the most part you are right in that most of the players we have would not be worth much more than we have paid for them although some seem to have been bargins. You would be lucky to get much of the Hughes money back likewise Doherty but after that you would have to start wondering.

Maybe Hux isnt worth £750k anymore. Drury £600k? Colin, Robinson Croft and Chadwick would easily at least draw in as much as they cost, Safri and Etuhu to make proffit and Earnshaw is obvious. Other than that Gallacher was free, Thorne was free, Dublin was free, McVeigh was little or nothing, Shackell a youngster so nothing.

The problem is that people want to better what they have and we have a championship team bar the quality and so its unlikely that anyone above us will want to fork out on our reserves and considering that there are few teams bellow us at the moment makes it less help on that front.

[quote user="Grumpy "]It is not a case of do we really need it. The issue is what if Delia demands her money back. How would the board finance it if at all   [/quote]

Logic would suggest that if Delia had been so inclined she would have done it in the premiership season when the money etc was there to be had/accessed easily.

This is a flawed argument from the word go. She has publicly stated that between them her and MWJ have put in £8million they don''t expect to see back. Thats they do not EXPECT to see back. That doesnt sound very much like I want it back now does it, or even I want it back soon or as a matter of fact ever!

I can understand holding something against the board but using the only two figures that are willing to stand forward and say anything at any one time as scape goats is very poor indeed.

They apparently have a %58 stake of the shares. Do you ever here from the other %42? No didn''t think so yet they represent part of the decision making as well and yet because they lack celebrity status they get away with being part of it all.

People who suggest that they are in it for the money need to really do their research before making slanderous accusations worthy only of some cheap and tacky tabloid based in London and owned by someone who does not know Football or England that well at all.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Reality...................A kind woman with a big heart...........................but totally out of her depth.

[/quote] I think that sums it up very well Wiz. She loves the club and is a fan but is not ruthless to make the big decisions or take the club forward any longer. Selling up to someone who can pump more money into the club would seem the sensible thing to do .....finding someone could be a problem though!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How very kind it was of Smith to invest some of her wealth on several occasions, when we were in with a chance of capturing league & cup honours during our heyday. Mind you it wasn''t a ''big decision'' for her, she just wanted to give a ''flourishing, brilliant football club'' one final push to ensure that trophies were won.

Reality: when we really needed that little bit of additional investment (eg. to afford Bright & Wright when negotiating with Palace) - where was she?.

You will now get Smith worship brigade idiots coming back with a resonding post suggesting that our championship chasing years/ FA cup semi-finals etc are a figment of the imaginations of people living in the real world. Some of these morons live in denial of what has happened over the past 20 years. I feel sorry for them.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Many Fans" - assumption. Most of the fans I have contact with - of our club and of others had us down for defenite promotion contenders. I would not be as forward to suggest that these people are "many" suggesting any sort of majority.

Having seen Green go at the beggining of the season, Etuhu, Safri and Earnshaw linked with higher clubs I think its a little unfair to suggest that there is no interest in our squad. To add to that you now have Fleming leaving on loan to Wolves which is slightly strange considering their position in the table compaired to ours.

No, I would suggest that for the most part you are right in that most of the players we have would not be worth much more than we have paid for them although some seem to have been bargins. You would be lucky to get much of the Hughes money back likewise Doherty but after that you would have to start wondering.

Maybe Hux isnt worth £750k anymore. Drury £600k? Colin, Robinson Croft and Chadwick would easily at least draw in as much as they cost, Safri and Etuhu to make proffit and Earnshaw is obvious. Other than that Gallacher was free, Thorne was free, Dublin was free, McVeigh was little or nothing, Shackell a youngster so nothing.

The problem is that people want to better what they have and we have a championship team bar the quality and so its unlikely that anyone above us will want to fork out on our reserves and considering that there are few teams bellow us at the moment makes it less help on that front.

[/quote]

I do find your postings and replies informative, although a ''bit'' long winded ''chickadee'' and regarding your persistent and continuing optimism concerning all that is occuring at NCFC......well, whether like myself, you''re right or wrong, that''s your thoughts and your personal opinions.....

I''ve continually given the club my constant support and copius amounts of hard earned cash, coupled with a steadfast and unwavering benefit of the doubt including myopic optimism for a good few years now. But, quite frankly, I see no progress apart from construction around the pitch - and nothing on it. I also think that the NCFC board are as ineffective as the current squad. I am also unlikely to concur with your positive attitude and continuing defence of the club. But, you keep optimistically positive chum, and I''ll remain cautious and currently unsure of our immediate future as a ''likely to become good'' football club.

Wouldn''t life be boring if we as fans, were all Model ''T'' Ford''s - and only available in one colour?

Anyone on here got a few million to spare?....no thought not.Anyone on here know anyone with a few million to spare?...no thought not. Anyone on here know of a group of people who can put a few million together ?...no thought not.

there is a lot of cheap talk on here wanting to spend lots of other peoples money,there needs to be a chuffin'' huge reallity check by certain posters on here , let''s be fair we''re all good at spending other people''s money.

[quote user="nolegs"]

Anyone on here got a few million to spare?....no thought not.Anyone on here know anyone with a few million to spare?...no thought not. Anyone on here know of a group of people who can put a few million together ?...no thought not.

there is a lot of cheap talk on here wanting to spend lots of other peoples money,there needs to be a chuffin'' huge reallity check by certain posters on here , let''s be fair we''re all good at spending other people''s money.

[/quote]

Have the club actually been good at spending my money? I don''t actually eat in the restaurants or socialise in the Gunn Club, or ever view the games from behind plate glass windows sat on comfy chairs. I sit on a bit o'' plastic - and support the team like every ''true fan'' should....... [;)]