Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Why would we loan out Flem?

...considering we know that Shackell is a doubt?Sure, Flem hasn''t been in the best form in recent years, but he''s still a body to add to defence if needs be.  Seems a bit strange that we''d loan him out the same day we find that Shackell is a doubt for today, that''s all... maybe we''re trying to soften Wolves up prior to getting one of their own players in, sweeten the deal kind of thing...Just a thought...

I honestly don''t thing Grant rates him & with Dublin a ready replacement he can''t see the problem. However, I''d rather have Flem at centre back than the Doc on current form. That way we might not give away free kicks on the edge of the 18 yard box!!!!

No we wouldn''t give away free kicks, just goals. every free kick that we now conceed would be a goal instead.

I''m glad fleming has gone, he was a worry in the defence and one less problem for Norwich is one more problem for Wolves. Fleming was a legend in his hay day, but these days are gone. I''d prefer to try the youth in defence, Can rossi play in centre defence and we have got Dublin.

Another point is when did Fleming sign his last contract, cause he may be on a big wage, if he signed it when he was still good? Grant may just be clearing the wage bill a bit, a good move.

i have to agree,i would rather have flem in the team instead of donkerty!at the moment.i think he has been loaned out to put him in the shop window so to speak.i can still see him going to the cherries as part of the hayter deal

I''ll be surprised if Fleming lasts the month at Wolves. Before today, a sinking Cardiff had only scored 5 goals in their past 11 games. Sounds like Chopra and his mates had no problem handling Wolves today as they picked up the three points at Molineux. Only a little more than 16,000 in attendance. Looks like Wolves problems are continuing as well. I will also not be surprised if McCarthy is shiiped out at the same time as Craig.

To be honest I was very surprised at this. Surely a one month loan doesn''t help either party - we don''t get any money for Flem and he only gets a move for a short period of time before coming back to Norwich once the transfer window has shut!! Also with Shackell injured, surely having some cover for this weekend would have been a good idea!!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I''ll be surprised if Fleming lasts the month at Wolves. Before today, a sinking Cardiff had only scored 5 goals in their past 11 games. Sounds like Chopra and his mates had no problem handling Wolves today as they picked up the three points at Molineux. Only a little more than 16,000 in attendance. Looks like Wolves problems are continuing as well. I will also not be surprised if McCarthy is shiiped out at the same time as Craig.

[/quote]

Agreed Yankee.

Our next league fixture is against Wolves at home. You won''t hear me say this very often, but with no points possible for us today I feel it''s a must win game for Norwich.