Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Oh dear

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Game in hand but only 5 points off the bottom 3 now.[/quote]

I blame Delia Smith and her "squeekies"!

In Chases day we would have got 3 points from a postponed match!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Game in hand but only 5 points off the bottom 3 now.[/quote]

Exactly what I was going to say Alex...

We wouldn''t of got anything at Burnley if the game had gone ahead...  a postponement was the best result we could of hoped today.

Give it another couple of weeks and Barnsley & Co will be within striking distance of us!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

laughing matter this is not.  Relegation is a distinct possibility since the only player we had who was scoring goals is now gone for most of the remainder of the season.

Really really worrying. The bottom three are quite capable of winning games and we will quickly be dragged into the relegation zone unless we start winning and keep winning! What a truly sad state of affairs!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Yes, but Chase would have sold those points to pay off our debt....

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]and only 10 pionts off 6th place, will 7 when we beat burnley, come on lets be optimistic
[/quote]

and the other 16 teams above us arent going to pick up any points, at all between them.. thus allowing us to waltz into the the playoffs unchallenged.. Sure it could be just 7 points.. but u have to remmeber that the other teams WILL pick up points.. we are 17th ffs.. no one this low gets into the playoffs. its the teams that are consistently top 6, top 8 all season that will do it..

Its good to see people are optimistic... makes me smile... but the playoffs wont happen will they

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]and only 10 pionts off 6th place, will 7 when we beat burnley, come on lets be optimistic
[/quote]

and the other 16 teams above us arent going to pick up any points, at all between them.. thus allowing us to waltz into the the playoffs unchallenged.. Sure it could be just 7 points.. but u have to remmeber that the other teams WILL pick up points.. we are 17th ffs.. no one this low gets into the playoffs. its the teams that are consistently top 6, top 8 all season that will do it..

Its good to see people are optimistic... makes me smile... but the playoffs wont happen will they

jas :)

[/quote]

This is what i''ve said all along, Jas. It''s all well and good for people to come on and say "let''s be positive, 10 points and we''re in the playoffs", "7 points off" etc etc. But by the time we have GOT those points, the other teams above will have picked up points too and the reality is we would still be around mid table!

Every week on Canary Call Neil Adams says no way will Norwich be relegated this season. I remember him saying that when we were last in the Premiership .............

and currently 11 days off the end of the transfer window.

Everyone is aware that Earnie is now out longer-term, and i trust the manager has emphasised to the Board the full consequences of failing to replace (Earnie), as the cost of a half-decent striker will still be less for the club than the cost of relegation. Come on, Speculate to accumulate etc etc.

[quote user="Smudger"]

We wouldn''t of got anything at Burnley if the game had gone ahead... 

[/quote]Great psychic powers smudger. Can you give me eight draws for next weeks pools coupon?[;)]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

laughing matter this is not.  Relegation is a distinct possibility since the only player we had who was scoring goals is now gone for most of the remainder of the season.

[/quote]

But we didn''t have a game today so it would have been impossible to do anything to dispell the fears of relegation. For sure it isn''t a laughing matter CJF but some of the reaction on here just lately certainly is.

[quote user="djcat"]

and currently 11 days off the end of the transfer window.

Everyone is aware that Earnie is now out longer-term, and i trust the manager has emphasised to the Board the full consequences of failing to replace (Earnie), as the cost of a half-decent striker will still be less for the club than the cost of relegation. Come on, Speculate to accumulate etc etc.

[/quote] My thoughts exactly. As I put in another thread, I believe that despite making three signings, we are far worse off now then when the transfer window opened. Replacing Earnie with a proven goalscorer is a must just to maintain our form from before the window and that doesn''t adress the problems with midfield and defence. I hope it''s going to be a busy 10 days - I have the feeling it won''t be as busy as we would like it to be though!!

ever the optimist ginger pele! however try being a realist for once and realise we are closer to going down than up!!!