Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Who could Grant be talking about ?

Peter Grant: “Norwich is such a nice place to live and bring up family and one of the reasons I left here was I didn''t want to go into a comfort zone. People can go into a comfort zone and I am trying to bring to the club drive, determination and passion.

“If the players don''t give me it they will move on. It may take us a bit of time to get the quality we need, but I will do it.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I  wonder which player (s)   he could be thinking  when he  said  this ?  

Lets see now , he lives in Norwich ,and  is bringing up a family here ...  bit of a no brainer isn`t it ?

A nods as good as a wink to a blind man   !    [:(]

I can see where you are coming from on this sheded, but I don''t think you are right this time. I think his criticism of Hux was the bit about Adam Drury and grey hair! I don''t think anybody could accuse Hux of living in the comfort zone as in lack of desire or effort or commitment. I know I wouldn''t anyway!

I got the impression that Grant was talking about his own time here as a player, he said that he moved away to prevent himself getting into a comfort zone, and probably recognises that in a number of the squad at the moment.  I think he''s making reasonable progress towards making the squad completely competitive again, but it probably won''t happen before the end of January, which means not this season, sadly.

He left because he "didn''t want to fall into a comfort zone"? and I thought we got rid because he was a cr@p player!.The club is in the ''Mother of all comfort zones'' since PG took control, which shows he hasn''t changed and doesn''t have the ability to motivate others or himself

Good response

Hucks is the only player at the club, apart from Dublin who''s just got here, that has consistently given 110% for the club from the second he stepped thru the Carrow Road gates 3 years ago.

If it wasnt for Huckerby we would''nt have enjoyed the rollercoaster ride in the Premiership nor won the 1st division title. The man is Mr Norwich City in my books. He even gives 110% when he''s not even fully match fit.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I can see where you are coming from on this sheded, but I don''t think you are right this time. I think his criticism of Hux was the bit about Adam Drury and grey hair! I don''t think anybody could accuse Hux of living in the comfort zone as in lack of desire or effort or commitment. I know I wouldn''t anyway!

[/quote] I''m not so sure about that?? I think Hucks while still playing well is not turning in the same quality of performance as he did when he was wanting a move to the club or when he first joined. He has a new contract, he''s settled in the area with his family and is seeing out his career until retirement in our fine city .... I think there is some truth in saying he is in his comfort zone. I should imagine that is why Grant was fairly critical of him when he first came here because he knows Hucks is a very important part of the team yet saw that Norwich are not currently getting the benefit of a Huckerby firing on all cylinders!

Hucks may have been one of the players, but there are several who could be include in this group - I don''t think the comment was aimed at a specific player. Drury, Flem are just as culpable.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Hucks may have been one of the players, but there are several who could be include in this group - I don''t think the comment was aimed at a specific player. Drury, Flem are just as culpable.
[/quote] I think Paul McVeigh could have been included too - just drifting along and not really achieving anything except receiving a pay cheque!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="Fat Barman"]Hucks may have been one of the players, but there are several who could be include in this group - I don''t think the comment was aimed at a specific player. Drury, Flem are just as culpable.
[/quote] I think Paul McVeigh could have been included too - just drifting along and not really achieving anything except receiving a pay cheque![/quote]

Quite right - this sounds to me like a general quote, indeed it is very much along the lines of what people have said for years about Norwich - but why let that stop people jumping to their own conclusions and slagging PG off for it?!    Lets face it, there are about 5-6 people who could legitimately be said to be in a comfort zone - I''d add Thorne to those who have been mentioned so far.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Hucks may have been one of the players, but there are several who could be include in this group - I don''t think the comment was aimed at a specific player. Drury, Flem are just as culpable.
[/quote]

What do you mean  " just as culpable " Barman ( may your ale turn to water )   ,  Grant made Drewry  the captain ,  Flem could never be accused of  comfort zoning it ......

Check back through  Grants   remarks  that specify  particular players , guess  which player is the most prominant  , yup !    from the word go he`s had it in for Hucks !    no , its not paranoia , he HAS actually    said that Hucks   doesn`t  " track back "   ,   isn`t a " team player "    ,    doesn`t  let the ball go soon enough  ( like to who  , you scotch  prat ?)   ,    needs to " up his work rate "   , should  play a " bigger part in defence "  ....

Jaysus !  he only wants a one man team !!    amazed  he hasn`t mentioned  being in goal as well  .....

The bottom line with Grant , is he`s never going to get his head round  what Hucks is about  , just like his scotch mucker Strachan !      Grant was a mediocre  defensive midfielder  ,  and , just like Nigel  ,  will   never understand the concept  of an attacking team !   

If he proves me wrong   ( on safe ground here [;)] )     I will make a grovelling apology   , can`t see it myself though [:D]

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="Fat Barman"]Hucks may have been one of the players, but there are several who could be include in this group - I don''t think the comment was aimed at a specific player. Drury, Flem are just as culpable.
[/quote] I think Paul McVeigh could have been included too - just drifting along and not really achieving anything except receiving a pay cheque![/quote]

..and then spending said pay cheque on too many pies and dodgy haircuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would think his mate Mulryne''s experiences would have made him get off his arse and justify a contract somewhere!!!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Quite right - this sounds to me like a general quote, indeed it is very much along the lines of what people have said for years about Norwich - but why let that stop people jumping to their own conclusions and slagging PG off for it?!    Lets face it, there are about 5-6 people who could legitimately be said to be in a comfort zone - I''d add Thorne to those who have been mentioned so far.

[/quote] Surely Peter Thorne has spent all his time in the ''pain zone'' rather than the ''comfort zone'' with his injuries!!!

Hi sheded, checked my ale (just in case), it''s still fine [;)].I know PG''s made direct comments about Hucks - that''s why this comment doesn''t strike me as a being personally aimed at the boy (he''s a couple of years behind me!).I think Grant knows exactly what Hucks is about and wants to get the best out of him. He said at the AGM that he could live with the less defensive side (and Drury''s grey hairs) if Hucks was delivering more of the attacking that he''s capable of. During promotion, Hucks was everywhere across the front line, and the other midfielders covered for him. Part of the fault is that the midfield isn''t coping now, but also that Hucks has been less of a threat this season - so you can see why the comments have been made.PG knows what his own limitations were as a player, that doesn''t stop him from being able to spot how to improve others. Perhaps Darren could take a look at his contributions this year, if he can honestly say that he hasn''t deserved the criticism - or that his positive play has been enough to offset it, then fair enough - I''ll be the one apologising to him and to you [:D]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]He left because he "didn''t want to fall into a comfort zone"? and I thought we got rid because he was a cr@p player!.

The club is in the ''Mother of all comfort zones'' since PG took control, which shows he hasn''t changed and doesn''t have the ability to motivate others or himself
[/quote]

i thought we released him on a free!

jas :)

I seem to remember in the prem that there were quotes in the papers (the guardian) that norwich seemed to be playing about 10 huckerby clones including noting him for tackling back, he was known as huckerby hound for his style of play (hounding defenders) as well as the obvious pun.Has he been like that this season, well apparently not, nobody has praised him for being everywhere or tackling back.