Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

Not renewing your season ticket - will you go on a casual basis?

It''s a little bit alarming to hear so many people talking about not renewing their season tickets - but understandable nonetheless. After all, we''ve hardly been spoilt with attractive, attacking football for some time now. However, I hope you''re not all thinking of forsaking your club altogether. Surely, most of you will be tempted to visit Carrow Road from time to time? Remember, allegiance to a football club is for life - not just for the glory days. I fear we''re going to see a return to crowds around the 18,000 mark next season.

Let''s face it we have had the best home support in our recent history in the last 3 seasons and despite this our team has got worse every year. Our season tickets are great value compared to most but that''s not enough to convince many to renew.

yep  that what we plan to do  ive ripped up  the  renewal or should  i say  the three why send  three

lots  out same address three lots of post. need all the money they can get.

i figure  there be  no  problem getting  in  next season we supported  them since  boys

and  the  rubbish ive seen this season has  got  to us

plus walking  out past that car park full of  mercs rangees etc after what  ive watched this season

makes me sick so dont anyone else feel the same.

see colchester are doing to scummmmerrrssss  1.0

Of my 3 replies only one respondee has alluded to the fact that he will be attending matches on a casual basis next season. The other two didn''t answer the question at all. I ask again - all those who have hinted that they will not be renewing their season tickets, will you still go to Carrow Road occasionally next year, or are you so fed up you can''t stand to go near the place for a while?

I''ll let you know on yet another season ticket thread when I come to a decision Billy [;)]

Does anyone ELSE really care whether individuals renew their season tickets or not?

from now on i will be going as and when i feel like it , probably about 4 games a season , at least then i might actually look forward to the day instead of just having to go .

im renewing my ticket, not coming to games isnt gona help the team is it? it''ll just make the situation worse. if we claim 2 be ''city till we die'' then show it and not just be ''city till the end of this season''.

[quote user="bottleman"]

yep  that what we plan to do  ive ripped up  the  renewal or should  i say  the three why send  three

lots  out same address three lots of post. need all the money they can get.

i figure  there be  no  problem getting  in  next season we supported  them since  boys

and  the  rubbish ive seen this season has  got  to us

plus walking  out past that car park full of  mercs rangees etc after what  ive watched this season

makes me sick so dont anyone else feel the same.

see colchester are doing to scummmmerrrssss  1.0

[/quote]

sending 3 out to the same family!

see it costs money to produce the forms.. so our club... in its wisdom.. decides to send 3 forms out to each house instead of 1 form with more room for names etc...

it might not take a lot out the finances but its still alot.. Someone wants Sacking for a decision like that!

jas :)

[quote user="yoda"]from now on i will be going as and when i feel like it , probably about 4 games a season , at least then i might actually look forward to the day instead of just having to go .[/quote]You will be thoroughly missed Yoda!!Have you heard the rumours about Robinson to Leicester? Maybe that will change your mind?

Thanks to all those who answered my question directly,  instead of going off on a tangent and talking about something else entirely. The reason I started "yet another thread" about season tickets, Nutty Nigel, is that I often find if I pose a specific question within a thread, that question gets completely ignored, by everybody. Incidentally, was there any real need to reply to my post - especially as you didn''t answer the question. Have you not made the connection yet, that if you ignore a thread completely it quickly gets buried in the depths of the message board? Simple really!

Sorry Billy, my post referred to another thread that I had started about whether I was going to renew. I personally don''t care how many threads are started on this board or what they are about. I started a new thread today, loosely based on the same topic as this one because I wanted to and make some points, like you, that are different to just a personal rant about not renewing. My thread will probably be ignored and drift into obscurity with much of the other rubbish I post on this board.

Howabout you Billy? Will you be renewing and if not will you become a casual fan? I will be renewing, so will my daughter.

If I do decide not to renew, I''ll still attend on a casual basis but if I go too often I''ll end up spending more money on tickets than I would do on a season ticket!

My first child is due to be born at t he end of March, & I still haven''t decided whether I''ll renew, or not.

Who on this board would be ''under pressure'' from their missus not to renew if they were in my position? I haven''t been told not to renew yet, as she knows it''ll just make me more inclined to buy one. But, if she does start to pull on the heart strings I may buckle! Any suggestions on how to hold my ground if this does happen???!!!!??

I''ve got 5 season tickets, and we get sent 5 lots of everything. Renewal forms, special offers, corporate hospitality, menus etc.

They must waste an absolute fortune on unnecessary duplication...

Bruces Header - If you''re like most new dads, chances are you''ll be too busy sleeping through Saturday afternoon after getting up at 3 in the morning to make a feed / changing a nappy / buying new baby clothes / toys / furniture for the nursery every 38.2 seconds / going "burble-urble-urble-urble-urble" with your top lip and your index finger to even notice there''s a football season on. 

If your missus is like most missuses, there will be no "holding your ground".  Best thing to hope for is a steady retreat until potty training starts, by which time we might have a better team.

Sorry, Nigel - I  think I completely misread/misunderstood your initial post. I read into your words a sarcastic tone that simply wasn''t there. I feel quite bad now that I replied to you in a rather abrupt sarcastic manner. It just goes to show the advantages of the spoken word over the written word. When you are speaking to somebody face to face you can guage a lot of the meaning of what they are saying from their body language, facial expressions and their tone of voice. I shall have to be much more careful in future before leaping in. Anyway, once again, I apologise.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="yoda"]from now on i will be going as and when i feel like it , probably about 4 games a season , at least then i might actually look forward to the day instead of just having to go .[/quote]

You will be thoroughly missed Yoda!!

Have you heard the rumours about Robinson to Leicester? Maybe that will change your mind?
[/quote]

hi matey . i dont really want to stop going but i just aint enjoying it at the moment . i posted something about this on another site , but the buzz has gone down at carrow road , remember the togetherness and rapour between fans and players during the days of  iwan , malky , edworthy etc ? i remember an occasion when , right in front of the snakepit edworthy and another player gave each other a high five after stopping a winger from crossing the ball , and the crowd loved it ! can you imagine this current crop doing that ? they couldnt give a toss half of them . as for robbo , id happily drive him to any club in britain if their mad enough to want him .

How many people are genuinely not renewing?

I remember last year loads of people saying how they would rip up their forms etc. But then when it came to the crunch it appears most people renewed. Just curious..

[quote user="Billy Bovine"]Sorry, Nigel - I  think I completely misread/misunderstood your initial post. I read into your words a sarcastic tone that simply wasn''t there. I feel quite bad now that I replied to you in a rather abrupt sarcastic manner. It just goes to show the advantages of the spoken word over the written word. When you are speaking to somebody face to face you can guage a lot of the meaning of what they are saying from their body language, facial expressions and their tone of voice. I shall have to be much more careful in future before leaping in. Anyway, once again, I apologise.[/quote]

There probably was a sarcastic tone to my post too Billy and there''s no need to apologise. It was a Saturday and we had no game yet people were posting on here as though we had lost.

It''s only a message board and by and large we all are Norwich fans and want the same things. I bet if we met the people who we only know as posters we''d all get a few surprises!