Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

signing players now wont necessarily change things

i have my doubts that more signings will come in now as we are not an attractive proposition to many anymore. even if they do will things really change that much? the reason i say this is that after watching the leeds game this morning they were still as poor as ever even with new faces in the side. players need time to gel and that is something that we dont have much of really, time is it?

It can work the other way, as much as i don''t like saying it just look at the mob up the road.at the start of the season they where terrible and did not look like getting a win all season.They made changes bought in a load of new faces and went on a mini-run.

Do you think your mob from up the road will stay above us ronbol? And do you think they are safe from relegation? Perhaps we could both go down!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Instead of signing new players what about giving the kids a chance.[/quote]

Most of the kids are no-way near ready/good enough. We need proven quality.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Do you think your mob from up the road will stay above us ronbol? And do you think they are safe from relegation? Perhaps we could both go down!

[/quote]No they are not safe, but are looking alot safer than us! and that hurts.............

[quote user="baldyboy"]i have my doubts that more signings will come in now as we are not an attractive proposition to many anymore. even if they do will things really change that much? the reason i say this is that after watching the leeds game this morning they were still as poor as ever even with new faces in the side. players need time to gel and that is something that we dont have much of really, time is it?[/quote]

Changing players at any time does not always change things. Sometimes it is the set up and the general culture around the club that dictate what will happen. Not saying this is our case because I''m not within the camp daily but it''s definately a factor in some cases.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Instead of signing new players what about giving the kids a chance.[/quote] I''m all for trying that too but it won''t work if we dump them all in the team together in one go - realistically Spillane, Eagle, Rossi Jarvis and Martin are the only four who have serious potential and their all very young and inexperienced. Cave-Brown would be good too but he''s away at Kings Lynn. They need experience and to be given a chance - deciding not to buy new players in favour of putting them in the team instead will pout enormous pressure on from the start and in my opinion won''t do their chances of success any good!

I would like to see Bally Smart given a run from the bench. He seems to have great pace and is an impact player which we could do with. Can''t do any harm can it?