Sign in to follow this  
dr livingstone

who will it be?

over the last few transfer windows we have tried to make desperate last minute big money signings.

i.e earnie succeeded, cottrill failed

do you think we will try for someone expensive this time. and who would you lke to see sign ?

as earnie is out i would like to see us go for freddie eastwood.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I''m not so sure it will happen this time around...still I''d like to see us bring in Eastwood too or Commons in midfield![/quote]

Commons is lazy and unpredicatable. Eastwood - yes!

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I''m not so sure it will happen this time around...still I''d like to see us bring in Eastwood too or Commons in midfield![/quote]

[/quote] Ok - who would you suggest as a top class central midfielder then?? I''m struggling for names that we could realistically sign....

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

[/quote] Ok - who would you suggest as a top class central midfielder then?? I''m struggling for names that we could realistically sign....[/quote]

Danny Murphy on loan? Grant has mentioned in may loan in players now. May be a slight chance of getting him.

As for a striker I would say Eastwood but we may not be much of an upward move for him at the moment and he does seem to have gone off the boil since the Man Utd game. Other than him probably Sharp, Maynard, Varney or McCleod. Suspect we will end with the cheap option of Hayter though!

We are always looking for the finished product an expensive non achiever a la Hughes/Etuhu, if we had a decent scouting system we could pick up a decent bargain, even Wolves unearth a potential gem from the Conference, look where Eastwood came from.  When was the last City recruit who came from the lower reaches.  Another Doyle would not get to Norwich.  Probably Steve Bruce could fit this category but 20 years ago. 

Why has no one mentioned a defender? If we could get him, Davenport?

To be honest if we get Hayter then thats it for strikers for the moment we have some young ones to come through if needs be.

Midfielders we have enough of at the moment although another quality addition to that wouldn''t go amiss but someone central not down the wings would be more preferable.

Defence leaves us in a sticky situation with Shacks and Doherty being the only two recognised centrebacks at the club. Yes Dion can play there but with Earnshaw out we are going to need someone to help incurage and build the attacks and players from that end.

West Ham already got Davenport Chicken. I wouldn''t have thought we ever stood a chance of a permanent deal for him. Our defence should improve for the signing of a new keeper. It would improve still further if it had a reliablely consistent midfield in front of it. I always thought our big signing this window would be a midfielder, Matthew Spring would have been ok but I wonder if there is another target that we don''t know about. Usually our best signings come as a surprise!

davenports gone to west ham so no chance in that ... i wud like 2 c us going in for eastwood, even tho we wont bcoz of the money but i think it''ll be worth it, and we need 2! id also like jamal campbell ryce, dunno how much they would want for him but would be a gd buy!

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote] Um..... Davenport has just joined West Ham for £3m and played for them yesterday against Newcastle, so that''s a definite no!

[quote user="chicken"]

To be honest if we get Hayter then thats it for strikers for the moment we have some young ones to come through if needs be.

Midfielders we have enough of at the moment although another quality addition to that wouldn''t go amiss but someone central not down the wings would be more preferable.

Defence leaves us in a sticky situation with Shacks and Doherty being the only two recognised centrebacks at the club. Yes Dion can play there but with Earnshaw out we are going to need someone to help incurage and build the attacks and players from that end.

[/quote]

Davenport signed for West Ham three days ago

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote] We do have lots of midfielders but in my opinion that is the area that needs attention most urgently. Most of our midfielders are poor and can''t control a game!

Sorry Chicken, I didn''t mean to be part of a big queue of people trying to put you right about Davenport, what I was trying to say was that maybe other signings would improve our defence too. I would love to see quality defenders like Davenport sign pemanently for us I just don''t think it was ever a possibility.

Norwich probably could have had Davenport but at the time the coaching staff thought Jason Shackell was a better player... ha!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

[/quote] Ok - who would you suggest as a top class central midfielder then?? I''m struggling for names that we could realistically sign....[/quote]

I''d bring in Dean Marney. He was the best player on the pitch when they came down here a couple of months ago.

He''s also great from a dead ball. Something we drastically need.

Anyone who saw Davenport play last season will remember that davenport was bettert han flem but no better than shacks and worse than Doc.   However he does look better inthe prem

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

davenports gone to west ham so no chance in that ... i wud like 2 c us going in for eastwood, even tho we wont bcoz of the money but i think it''ll be worth it, and we need 2! id also like jamal campbell ryce, dunno how much they would want for him but would be a gd buy!

[/quote]Campbell-Ryce was the best player on the pitch when Southend came to Carrow Road, but I think the flanks is the one place in the squad we don''t need new players. I reckon the money would be better spent on central players - the spine of the team is in desperate need of strengthening.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ipswichrscum"]

[/quote]
Campbell-Ryce was the best player on the pitch when Southend came to Carrow Road, but I think the flanks is the one place in the squad we don''t need new players. I reckon the money would be better spent on central players - the spine of the team is in desperate need of strengthening.
[/quote]

Totally agree Coelho. BTW is that Coelho as in "There''s only one L in Coelho", former clunge-dweller? (Apologies if it''s not, because that''s a horrible description otherwise).

Keep it under your hats, but I heard a rumour that Norwichs'' star signing on the 31st of January will be none other than the former Mrs Ronaldo, Milene Domingues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milene_Domingues

In 1997, aged 17, she set a new world record for keeping the ball in the air - keepy-uppies. She juggled the ball continuously 55,187 times. It took her nine hours and six minutes.  She wears the number 20 shirt for the womens national team of Brazil, and is a buddhist.

Well, it''s as likely as Danny Crow anyway...

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ipswichrscum"]

[/quote]Campbell-Ryce was the best player on the pitch when Southend came to Carrow Road, but I think the flanks is the one place in the squad we don''t need new players. I reckon the money would be better spent on central players - the spine of the team is in desperate need of strengthening.[/quote]

Totally agree Coelho. BTW is that Coelho as in "There''s only one L in Coelho", former clunge-dweller? (Apologies if it''s not, because that''s a horrible description otherwise).

[/quote]Yeah, I needed somewhere new to vent once animalexpletive dried up... ;)

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"][quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

I''d bring in Dean Marney. He was the best player on the pitch when they came down here a couple of months ago.

He''s also great from a dead ball. Something we drastically need.

[/quote] Maybe although he didn''t impress me that much when he was here on loan. Guess it depends how much he would cost. The last thing we want is another expensive midfielder who can''t cut it at this level like Hughes, Robinson and Etuhu!