Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Chris Sutton ?

Ok, I''m really sorry about doing this, as I know (or suspect I know) what''ll happen the moment this thread is opened, but...

http://www.rickwaghorn.co.uk/full_article.asp?i=812

Waghorn makes a compelling argument for Chris Sutton being left on the bench, should a 6''3 Carew (of Lyon) swap places with Baros, especially after O''Neill has just signed Ashley Young has for 8 million.  Is this an indication of Suttons'' fitness, or of O''Neills impatience ?  Will "Our Chris" be happy to play a bit-part and pick up a very large pay-cheque, or could he be interested in a cut-price last hurrah now that the main obstacle to his arrival has been removed ?  Now that we have Chris Brown and Dion Dublin in the side, could we incorporate another big man up-front, or could we even play Sutton and Dublin in the back four ?  Oooh the possibilities.

I suppose it says something about the current state of these boards that a Chris Sutton thread has been started as something different to talk about...

Chris Sutton?  To old isn''t he....

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Ok, I''m really sorry about doing this, as I know (or suspect I know) what''ll happen the moment this thread is opened, but...

http://www.rickwaghorn.co.uk/full_article.asp?i=812

Waghorn makes a compelling argument for Chris Sutton being left on the bench, should a 6''3 Carew (of Lyon) swap places with Baros, especially after O''Neill has just signed Ashley Young has for 8 million.  Is this an indication of Suttons'' fitness, or of O''Neills impatience ?  Will "Our Chris" be happy to play a bit-part and pick up a very large pay-cheque, or could he be interested in a cut-price last hurrah now that the main obstacle to his arrival has been removed ?  Now that we have Chris Brown and Dion Dublin in the side, could we incorporate another big man up-front, or could we even play Sutton and Dublin in the back four ?  Oooh the possibilities.

[/quote]

I don''t think anything will happen as far as Chris Sutton is concerned Blah. He was here once and did a very good job for the club and then he moved away and has been a very, very good player over the years. He''s a bit older now, he''s had his injury problems, which are a concern, so it is something that I doubt will happen! [:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t think anything will happen as far as Chris Sutton is concerned Blah. He was here once and did a very good job for the club and then he moved away and has been a very, very good player over the years. He''s a bit older now, he''s had his injury problems, which are a concern, so it is something that I doubt will happen! [:P]

[/quote]

thats sounds stragnely familiar!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

thats sounds stragnely familiar!

jas :)

[/quote]

that''s what I thought too [:D]

No point discussing this one cause the board have made it very clear they were never interested even though Chris and his representatives offered them a chance to talk to him.

This is not me being mischevious.

Chris Sutton is currently out with eye problems or something and is unlikely to play again as i understand from a source.Sutton is currently in Norfolk, (he has a house here) and i saw him the other day.  I dont think its my place to go into details but it sounds like he''s retiring.