Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Wonder

I'm wishing for a manic week on the transfer front........

I know this won''t happen but I think it could!!

We could get rid of Doc (£250K), Robinson (£250K) and Drury (£500K) and add this to our £1.5 million we should have available.

Then we should go out and sign;

Reto Ziegler on loan from Spurs

Patrick Boyle from Everton £50K

Chris Lucketti from Sheff Utd £200K

Russell Anderson from Aberdeen £400K

David Edwards from Shrewsbury £350K

James Hayter from Bournemouth £400K

This would leave around £1 million to splash on one top line signing (Sharp or Varney?)

We would then have freshened up the squad and added some good younger players to the squad.

1) Both are interntional players and have been linked with a move away in the window.

2) £500K isn''t bad money for Drury and we would be getting Ziegler in.

3) Purely for cover. Plus he was playing in the dying embers of Worthy''s reign! I thought he looked OK on debut after that he was a bit ropey but he was only 19/20!

Paddy Boyle didnt give 2 *s about us when he was here im afraid.. im sure he will do well in his career.. but he was more interested in evertons fortunes and not getting injured for us.. he just ran around a bit for 90 minutes 2 or 3 times

jas :)

I fail to see why anyone would swap Drury for Ziegler or Boyle...

Bobby Hassell at Barnsley would make a good right-back for us.

With the exception of Boyle I think all of those signings would be good ones, but in reality, I''d be surprised if the club had signed anybody other than Hayter by the end of the transfer window.

I have a horrible feeling that by the end of the week Doncaster will have been wheeled out to say ''the club made enquiries etc etc''

Considering we paid £50k for Robinson I very much doubt we''d get £250k back for him. Boyle was very poor and I wouldn''t want to see us re-sign him thanks!

Varney or Sharp would be excellent though!

I don''t understand the critiscim Drury is getting. You will only realise how good he is when he isn''t playing for us anymore.

Don''t you just love these ''football manager'' wishlists!  nearly as pointless as the endless ones about formations.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

I know this won''t happen but I think it could!!

We could get rid of Doc (£250K), Robinson (£250K) and Drury (£500K) and add this to our £1.5 million we should have available.

Then we should go out and sign;

Reto Ziegler on loan from Spurs

Patrick Boyle from Everton £50K

Chris Lucketti from Sheff Utd £200K

Russell Anderson from Aberdeen £400K

David Edwards from Shrewsbury £350K

James Hayter from Bournemouth £400K

This would leave around £1 million to splash on one top line signing (Sharp or Varney?)

We would then have freshened up the squad and added some good younger players to the squad.

[/quote]

I''m wondering if they will sign anyone else. It might be a case of make do and mend with what we have got. I hope not but with prudence being on top of the list with the board I would not be suprised.

No-one would pay for Robinson, we would be lucky to get him off our books on a free. Regarding Boyle, he has none of the attributes helpful when trying to pursue a career in professional football.  

Drury is quality and we would be absolutely mad to let him go - it amazes me how someone slates a player and the "sheep" follow.  This can only be a case of not actually watching games or a lack of understanding of the game.  Yes we have some weak links, but Drury is certainly not one of them.  Drury is a far more acomplished full back than Colin - that is not a criticism of Colin, but a testament to Drury.

I think there will be more signings, there has to be to appease the fans.  BUT! I am sure they will be almost unheard of squad players, who Grant has "been watching for some time" and who are "very very good players" !

[quote user="Dicky"]Drury is quality and we would be absolutely mad to let him go - it amazes me how someone slates a player and the "sheep" follow.  This can only be a case of not actually watching games or a lack of understanding of the game.  Yes we have some weak links, but Drury is certainly not one of them.  Drury is a far more acomplished full back than Colin - that is not a criticism of Colin, but a testament to Drury.[/quote]It''s typical of our fans, really.  They just love a scapegoat.  Robinson, Etuhu and Hughes are too easy a target and people are bored of talking about them, so they''ve turned on Drury, simply because he may have had a poor game once.  For crying out loud, with Hucks in front of him the man has to defend the entire left side all on his own, and other teams know this and exploit it.We need to get a proper left winger, or put Chadwick there when he''s back, and put Hucks up front with Dublin or Brown.  He''s a better striker than he is provider as teams have figured him out on the left.  It''s time to give him that free role with which he destroyed teams a few years ago...

Not the Huckerby up front thing AGAIN!  HE IS A LEFT WINGER!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Dicky"]Drury is quality and we would be absolutely mad to let him go - it amazes me how someone slates a player and the "sheep" follow.  This can only be a case of not actually watching games or a lack of understanding of the game.  Yes we have some weak links, but Drury is certainly not one of them.  Drury is a far more acomplished full back than Colin - that is not a criticism of Colin, but a testament to Drury.[/quote]

It''s typical of our fans, really.  They just love a scapegoat.  Robinson, Etuhu and Hughes are too easy a target and people are bored of talking about them, so they''ve turned on Drury, simply because he may have had a poor game once.  For crying out loud, with Hucks in front of him the man has to defend the entire left side all on his own, and other teams know this and exploit it.

We need to get a proper left winger, or put Chadwick there when he''s back, and put Hucks up front with Dublin or Brown.  He''s a better striker than he is provider as teams have figured him out on the left.  It''s time to give him that free role with which he destroyed teams a few years ago...
[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

Not the Huckerby up front thing AGAIN!  HE IS A LEFT WINGER!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Dicky"]Drury is quality and we would be absolutely mad to let him go - it amazes me how someone slates a player and the "sheep" follow.  This can only be a case of not actually watching games or a lack of understanding of the game.  Yes we have some weak links, but Drury is certainly not one of them.  Drury is a far more acomplished full back than Colin - that is not a criticism of Colin, but a testament to Drury.[/quote]It''s typical of our fans, really.  They just love a scapegoat.  Robinson, Etuhu and Hughes are too easy a target and people are bored of talking about them, so they''ve turned on Drury, simply because he may have had a poor game once.  For crying out loud, with Hucks in front of him the man has to defend the entire left side all on his own, and other teams know this and exploit it.We need to get a proper left winger, or put Chadwick there when he''s back, and put Hucks up front with Dublin or Brown.  He''s a better striker than he is provider as teams have figured him out on the left.  It''s time to give him that free role with which he destroyed teams a few years ago...[/quote]

[/quote]I think he''s a Wing Forward - not an out and out striker, nor a winger, but somewhere between the two (a bit like Bellamy).  The problem has been that Worthy, and now Grant, seem determined to fit him into the formation he wants, rather than building the formation around the attributes of one of our best players to get the best out of them. Well, that''s my opinion anyway...