Sign in to follow this  
bailojnr

Jarvis and Halliday on loan

On official site. Gone to Torquay. Good for experience I would say. Nice to see youngsters going out to get experience. Does this mean Grant is confident people are coming in cos seems to take away even more cover? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Those poor boys.

This really is out of the frying pan and into the fire stuff.

Is anybody up to speed with the current situation at Torquay?

A guy I work with is hardcore Torquay and he tells me all the latest each week which makes me feel much better.

1) They have 13 contracted first team players. Four on loan before today, so that''s six loanees out of 15. That is unless some have gone back to accomodate our two.

2) They fill their subs bench most weeks due to injuries etc with trialists unknown to the club.

3) The manager is an ex Czech player who has never managed or coached a football club before in any capacity.

4) The chairman, when he arrived, claimed that he used to play for Englund under 21''s whilst playing for a top Czech domestic side. No record can be found of either.

5) The chairman has put a £400 pw wage cap on all players.

6) The chairman recently tried to sell the training ground because he claimed the players didn''t need one and could train anywhere. The coach told him otherwise and it remained.

Theres alot more but can''t remember atm. Will check (scuse the pun) for more horror stories.

The loan is initially only for one month, so, I expect Grant wants to see them play some competitive matches to judge how good they are. 

There are unfortunately a lot of dodgy Chairman around - this sounds unlikely but it does make you rather grateful for the Cookery Lady!

The Torygraph has been doing a feature on the club, might be on their web site, I think it is still running

Torquay might in a bad state of affairs at the moment but look at it this way:

1: if its that bad then they will be garrentied sum first team football

2: compared to are reserve league Torquay is a massive step up

3: they will be getting some experience, if u look at them now there not in the 16 for first teamgames week in week out and they have to wait around for a reserve game that can actually survive the weather to go ahead playing one game a month on average or if there lucky two !! this is no good for there future