Sign in to follow this  
ca

Huck's has a rant!

[quote]Canaries winger Darren Huckerby has criticised the club for allowing the contracts of more than a dozen players to expire in the summer. Huckerby claims manager Peter Grant''s task has been made more difficult by the contracts situation - as well as the fact that some people see their futures elsewhere.We are going through a bad stage at the minute - some people don''t want to be here, more people do, so it''s very difficult.[/quote]

You have to agree with him and wonder  why we ever allowed ourselves to get into this situation, also interesting that he admits that there are a few players who don''t want to be here anymore, I''m just surprised that its only a few.

Whats your thoughts on Huck''s statement??

Full version http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED24%20Jan%202007%2008%3A54%3A33%3A420

looking at the article on the front of this site...

we have heard it time and time again, Not just from Darren but from Drury, the Doc, Flemmo and others...  "we need to sort it out" "we need to play better starting next week" "we just arent good enough at the moment.. but a few wins will see us into the playoffs!"

I for one am sick and tired of all the Drivel we get when it is clear we aren''t good enough.. Ok so Darren Says the right thing, and i for one dont blame him as he is speaking the truth...

but how many times are we going to get the same Fan favourites wheeled out to spout the usual Boll*x?

If we aren''t good enough then why dont they shut up, roll their sleevs up, and make a damned effort instead of talking what they "want" to do in the next match.. how about some of them show the guts to put their money where their mouths are and actually do it!

jas :)

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote]Canaries winger Darren Huckerby has criticised the club for allowing the contracts of more than a dozen players to expire in the summer.

Huckerby claims manager Peter Grant''s task has been made more difficult by the contracts situation - as well as the fact that some people see their futures elsewhere.

We are going through a bad stage at the minute - some people don''t want to be here, more people do, so it''s very difficult.[/quote]

You have to agree with him and wonder  why we ever allowed ourselves to get into this situation, also interesting that he admits that there are a few players who don''t want to be here anymore, I''m just surprised that its only a few.

Full version http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich
&itemid=NOED24%20Jan%202007%2008%3A54%3A33%3A420

[/quote]

i think hucks, and All the squad.. should shut up and get on with it! true what he says... but we need the players pulling together! never mind the contracts.. win the games to get us out of the mire then Worry! shut up and play City!

jas :)

Hucks obviously cares about the club, one of the few players that do.

He is completely right, of course. PG''s job has been made alot harder, for he knows that he will have to work 24/7 for the next few months trying to fill the gap, if these 13 are let go.

I wonder which players he is referring to here

''Whether they want to be at the club or not, they still should be committed while they are under contract. We are going through a bad stage at the minute - some people don''t want to be here, more people do, so it''s very difficult.''

Maybe a gentle nudge in the direction of a certain few midfielders me thinks.

Yes Angel that certainly could explain the players'' recent apathy, they are probably demob happy.

It''s a pity he couldn''t name a few names ("those that see their future elsewhere") although I''m sure we could have a good guess at who they are.

Having said that, wouldn''t it be sensible for those concerned to give of their best even if only to make themselves desired by possible buyers ?

Ah yes, those poor players.

I appreciate that having a question mark over your long term future can be unsettling, but aren''t some of those 13 players on a year''s option from the club? In either that case, or even if their contract is due to expire in the summer, should they not be busting a gut to prove their worth?

If they have plans and their heart isn''t in it, then they shouldn''t play again. As simple as that. Play someone who will fight for their place...

It''s not like they have a hard life. Personally my contempt lies completely with the players and I''m sick of hearing excuses.

(in Hux defence, he was just making some appearance at a fan''s house yesterday and was quizzed then, rather than being wheeled out - but I''m still waiting for the Doc to put is many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many words into practice...)

There are a few players who don''t want to be here!!!!!Who are these wasters?? Name and shame.  I hope PG knows who they are and that they aren''t in the line up for saturday.What do they think will happen at the end of the season? Do they expect Chelsea, Arsenal or Man U to come calling!! Wake up!The only place the majority of this squad will be going is down the leagues. Ship them out to Northampton of Cambridge where they belong.

Imo it looks like another excuse for piss poor performances.  I don''t have any sympathy for the players out of contact at the end of the season.  Imo most of those players have not played well enough to justify having their contracts renewed, but I wonder whether the club should be telling some of these players that they are free to leave if they can find themselves another club rather than waiting until the end of the season. 

[quote user="Disco Dale"]There are a few players who don''t want to be here!!!!!
Who are these wasters?? Name and shame.  I hope PG knows who they are and that they aren''t in the line up for saturday.
What do they think will happen at the end of the season? Do they expect Chelsea, Arsenal or Man U to come calling!! Wake up!
The only place the majority of this squad will be going is down the leagues. Ship them out to Northampton of Cambridge where they belong.
[/quote]

from their performances on the pitch I guess the players that want to be elsewhere are:

Paul McVeigh

Carl Robinson

Dickson Etuhu

Andrew Hughes

Peter Thorne

Paul Gallacher

Gary Doherty

The sooner we get shot of all of the above the better.

I would imagine Safri has had enough of the club.

I think it''s a little unfair to criticise quotes from players in the papers. I''m as frustrated as anybody that they can talk the talk but seem unable to walk the walk. However, as mentioned above and on other threads, the papers approach them (not the other way around) with the intention of filling column inches. At least the players are acknowledging that they are playing badly. I rather suspect that if the whole squad clammed up and said nowt there would be a lot of posters on here would complain that they don''t even acknowledge the fans'' concerns or how bad things are, that they are disrepecting us fans by not doing so...that kind of thing. For those who complain that they are sick of reading these quotes, there''s an obvious solution to that one...

This is shocking news, surely proving that basically the same bunch of players that started the season so well (and the first few games DO count), well, some of them don''t want to be here, no wonder they can''t be bothered but that''s a disgraceful attitude. Everyone having a go at Delia should realise she is probably very hurt not only with the supporters comments but knowing that the reason we are in such a position is that SOME of the players don''t give a damn....No wonder we''re in the position we are. That makes me furious, and if PG is the manager he projects himself as he''ll frogmarch these losers straight down on a free to Portaloo rd. 

I ask you, is Darren the only player that genuinelly loves our club?, it really seems that way, I feel very sorry for him...He''s been a true Norwich player. But I bet he get''s himself into trouble for speaking out...Shame, but at least he''s good enough to give us all a hint of what''s really going on. He''s clearly as fed up as we are.

Be interesting to see who doesn''t play Saturday, may well give an indication of who ''doesn''t want to be here''.  

[quote user="Lincoln Canary"]I think it''s a little unfair to criticise quotes from players in the papers.[/quote]

I wasn''t criticizing Hucks, I was trying to make the point that he sounds as fed up with the board as we are and is trying to push them into action.

At least he cares.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Lincoln Canary"]I think it''s a little unfair to criticise quotes from players in the papers.[/quote]

I wasn''t criticizing Hucks, I was trying to make the point that he sounds as fed up with the board as we are and is trying to push them into action.

At least he cares.

[/quote]

Note he said that  he only signed on for the extra year to help the club !   

He may well be having a go at the board  , its  equally likely that he`s pissed off with  the players he has around him !     well ......... who isn`t ?     

Just 6 days to go  , just 2 players in , only Flem out on loan   ...    no clubs knocking on the door  to buy  any of our players  ( surprise surprise ! )       all Grants  hopes of  significant early signings  fading away  ,  jaysus ! I`m basically an optimist ,   but this DOES look bad  !    

Try as I might  , I just can`t put the blame for our plight  at the feet of the board  ,  Hucks says they should  extend  the contract of some of the summer  leavers  , but can anyone blame the board  for not wanting  to give some of the freeloading gits  another  extention  of their  overpaid holiday on the east coast ?     the ONLY way this should happen  is a contract that stipulates   cash paid on performance  , you wont see their arses for dust .....[:''(]

Maybe I am missing something but........ am I the only one who thinks that clearing out 13 players maybe a good thing.

It will free up a lot of wages and will allow PG to shop in the lower leagues for the type of players who will turn us into a better "team"

You cant blame the club for not renewing while our future in this division is in doubt.

Its obvious we need a new group of players who are proud to wear the shirt.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote]Canaries winger Darren Huckerby has criticised the club for allowing the contracts of more than a dozen players to expire in the summer.

Huckerby claims manager Peter Grant''s task has been made more difficult by the contracts situation - as well as the fact that some people see their futures elsewhere.

We are going through a bad stage at the minute - some people don''t want to be here, more people do, so it''s very difficult.[/quote]

Full version http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich
&itemid=NOED24%20Jan%202007%2008%3A54%3A33%3A420

[/quote]

Doesn''t this have to do with the situation where many of these players are on ''fat'' contracts based on money available from the parachute payments (Worthy''s failed failed incentive scheme to get back to the PL asap). Thus, if they are to stay beyond the summer they will have to take a considerable drop in wages.

OTBC

[quote user="cityangel"]

At least he cares.

[/quote]

Sorry, Cityangel. My observations weren''t directed at you, they were in response to Jas, who is sick and tired of the "drivel" the players spout. It''s also been mentioned on other threads that players should stop giving their opinions to papers because it''s boring hearing the same thing time and time again. As I said, I agree that it''s frustrating that their actions don''t match their words, but they are directly asked for their opinion and we aren''t obliged to read them.

According to Doncaster   , of the 13 players , only  Dion,Flem,Thorpeand McVeigh  have no contract extention option  this summer  ,  so It looks like the big kiss off  to all , except , maybe Dion ,   no names given for the rest , but he said the decision  to  offer an extention  will be down to Grant  ,  in effect  it may well be  something like 13 players leaving  this summer !   which is why Hucks said what he did...

The way a lot of our players are performing   I would think that Grant  has a list  already !   so , basically , if these players actually WANT  the extention  , they will have to  earn it !     an alien concept  that !!     they should  mull over just who would want them  if they get the boot   ,  div 2 ?   conference ?  if they`re lucky !   

Wish they would offer Dion something for next season, that would cheer me up.

I d like to see him with a bit more passion on the pitch and not through the media.  Perhaps we might be further up the table if you could win matches by talking a good game.  As much as I hate to agree with anything Neil Doncster says, I think the club hve shown their business savvy on this one.  Why give out lengthy contracts to average players.  Although we have nine or so players out of contract, this should be their time to show they deserve another (which we are not seeing) ~Players like Robinson and Thorne for instance, who are mediocre at best, should be playing out of their skins to make sure they are on the pitch week in week out.  But when they hit the pitch they do nothing to credit their place.  I think it is best not to go offering out extensions to the crap we have assembled at the moment.  Im sure if they worked hard they would earn their reward, just like anyone else in this world.  Why give ~robinson a three year deal when he continues to not turn up and leaves his football brain on the coach.  I for one an sick of players bleating off in the press about all an sundry, and who are unwilling to put in the hard work to earn their place.  Gary doherty for one p''s me off, and hucks is not far behind.  so message to the team is to do the talking on the pitch and not through the press.  This way you might just get your contract extension.  Keep Safri.

Hucks makes a damn fair point IMO.

Hopefully he''ll set an example to the rest of the squad by giving it his all in every game from now on.