Sign in to follow this  
The Lord

Riverend and Svennson

1) there was alot more noise from the crowd yesterday then against gillingham, even in my block (TL) we even stood up to one chant of ''stand up if youre top of the league!'' and during the second half there was the biggest chant yet of ''cheesseeebboooaarrdd''. reports are sketchy but apparently people in block Q of the river end could hear it!

2) on a negative note though svennson im afariad is just not good enough. he can no longer use the excuse that he is not match fit as he has now been here for 3-4 months and has had plenty of chances to impress. his passing is awful and he did not succedd in holding the ball up very well. ....Yes he did score but you have to remember it was an open goal from about 4 yards out and even then it hit the roof of the net and only just went in. so worthy like your tactics of 4-4-3 , with drury in makes a lot of differnece, mckenzie is currently the best striker we have as far as finishing goes but please please please dont start svennson!

mckenzie really is a quality stiker and could easily finish on atleast 10 goals if he started every game from now. we looked so dangerous when he was on the pitch and he worked really hard. well done to worthy for finally giving him his chance, about time!

Perhaps if he didn''t try so many of his flicks and held the ball up more often his game could improve. Like most players you need to give them a chance but I''m afraid he needs to show a bit more for me to be convinced he is really what we need up front.

Leon looked extremely lively yesterday and must start; he made things happen for us and will do well in the Premiership, mark my words. The 4-4-3 formation worked a treat yesterday, but I''d put Iwan in for Matty. Yes, Iwan is nearing his pension, but at least he''s got the class and experience to hold the ball up and is not afraid to get stuck in.

Couldn''t make it to the game on Saturday, did we play the 4-3-3 with Huckerby on the left, McKenzie on the right and Sven in the middle, or was Hucks playing just behind the other two?