Sign in to follow this  
Canary02

James Hayter and Julian Gray in?

would be good to get these but ive just read that "Charlton have made a bid for Birmingham winger Julian Gray and also want to sign FC Groningen midfielder Stefano Seedorf. (The Independent) "

I am seriously struggling to understand why we would want another left winger. I hope there is no substance to this whatsoever and that we sign a quality central midfielder.

Hasn''t Julian Gray played left-back for quite a while in the past? Might be cover for Drury, or to play left wing to allow Huckerby to play up front? Might give us a bit more solidity in midfield...

[quote user="Canary02"]Just heard from a good source[/quote]

N.B. Apologies, I had heard it was imminent but apparantly the deals are just on the table, and there is unlikely to be an announcement today after all.

I''ve noticed in the past that Canary02 does seem to have the best sources in the past.

As in they have come true.

Suspect that Gray would play wide left, freeing up Hucks to play in attack with Brown or Hayter.

Believe it when I see it though.

[quote]N.B. Apologies, I had heard it was imminent but apparantly the deals are just on the table, and there is unlikely to be an announcement today after all.[/quote]

It''s good to see that the club have learnt some lessons from the last transfer window, and have left a few days of extra time should any of the new potential signings choose to "do a Cotterill".

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]N.B. Apologies, I had heard it was imminent but apparantly the deals are just on the table, and there is unlikely to be an announcement today after all.[/quote]

It''s good to see that the club have learnt some lessons from the last transfer window, and have left a few days of extra time should any of the new potential signings choose to "do a Cotterill".

[/quote]

New manager in "More forward thinking than Worthington" shocker.

Wink [;)]

Grant has confirmed that its unlikely there will be any new faces this week so maybe these two will turn up next week.

i hope we get a wide left player, move Hucks up front where he won''t unbalance the team.