Sign in to follow this  
yaryello

svenssons attitude

i dont think mat won any new friends after he scored today by putting his finger over his lips to the lower barclay today.a lot of the people sitting around me were mighty p****d off as they had been encouraging him the whole game.he has already shown he is not afraid to voice his opinion if it doesnt go his way.any bets on him not being here at the start of next season,i wouldnt bet against it!!!!! p.s. greeno world class today with that stop.

It was just a celebration yaryello just letting us no that he can score goals and i think it was just part of his celebration with the dance he did as well. Im also in the barclay lower e block where he celebrated and was discusted to hear people chanting iwan every time sven made a mistake.

Sorry but I am also going to have to say that I think that his celebration was a bit out of order.Ok so the message from him to us was be quiet see I can score,but I would need a much better performance from him to convince me that he should be in out team week in week out.I thought he was very poor at Palace last week and even poorer yesterday and I''m not at all convinced.Yes he scored the goal,an easy one but yes he was in the right place at the right time so all credit to him.
I encouraged him all thru the game yesterday,thought he needed it after his last couple of games and I stood up and clapped him off when he was sustituted but Sven you need to play a lot better than that if you want the supporters to be quiet and be bowled over by you.

im not on his back. i was delighted when we signed him,just thought his celebrations were uncalled for thats all

Leave the guy to get on with his game. He was in the right place at the right time and he did the biz! Agreed, he had a bit of a "mare" but give the bloke some slack! I may be one of a minority but I rate the man and his best is yet to come!

I''m with you, Mello Yello - he came here short of match fitness and has only played a handful of games, but some people are already getting on his back. His experience could prove vital over these last few games, so let''s just wait and see before we cast judgement.

I have to admit I wasn''t at the game yesterday. I''ve had to rely on sky sports news and a very lengthy phone conversation with my dad! However I have seen the majority of Sven''s games. In fact looking at the fixture list I''ve probably only missed 1 or 2 of the games (home and away) that Sven has played the majority of. I''m only saying this so everyone knows I''m not casting judgement without seeing Sven play properly.

My verdict? He''s not doing anything to impress me. I''m not going to slag him off, as Tacklebury''s right, he hasn''t been here long. However, in my opinion, he''s not doing his job well enough. I had hoped when we brought him in he''d be a younger Roberts, with pace! If Roberts was a few years younger, and had that extra yard of pace, I''m sure he''d be the first name on the team sheet. His hold up play and laying the ball off is superb. I''d just like to see Sven do the same. Don''t get me wrong, I''m going to give him until the end of the season. But if he''s still playing like he is away at Crewe, I''d like us to bring in a target man in the summer.

As for his celebration I couldn''t really underdtand it. I can''t see how p***ing off the croud is going to make him more popular. Let your football do the talking Sven and we''ll love you.

sven didnt have a great game at all yesterday-but he scored, how ironic..but i am also disgusted with the minority chanting iwan.this can not help the man at all!for christ sake get of his back.there were many times when sven didnt win a header people were moaning about him.but when iwan was in the same position and lost the ball-there was silence and to be honest im starting to get very annoyed with the people having a pop and a good moan about svensson.

i cant see at all how his ''''CELEBRATION'''' pi**ed off the crowd at all.many players have done exactly the same, and of course sven added a little dance aswell.but i mean can this guy win!? he scores..and you all have a good moan about his celebration!

What the hell did you expect, If I''d have been Sven I can tell you I would have done far worse than put my finger to my lip!.

Sven''s is in a yellow shirt for Gawds sake, respect that, and if you boo and insult him you boo and insult the club in my book!.

Plus, he does''nt know exactly who were acting like morons, just the general direction. I wonder if those scum, for thats what they are, would have the guts to do it to his face. And may I remind you, Iwan got exactly the same treatement at first, proberly the same idiots booing again I expect!. Boo boys, you make me sick.

I was the guy who phoned in Canary call yesterday to say "my bit" on Sven and how I think he works hard for the team. For those of you who didnt have my pearls of wisdom, I think he is working very hard, and always puts himself about. As Neil Adams said to me, he would like to see him be a bit stronger so he could hold the ball up better, and I agree on this point. But getting on his back and chanting for Iwan won''t help the guy. As for his celeb'', couldn''t fault it. If you were getting stick from your own fans, why not give some back when you do what you''re paid for and score a goal! Many people had been criticising him, and were hypocritical to cheer him, when he scored, so he sushed them! (and then did a lovely little dance!)
For those of you who have been getting on his back- LAY OFF, it''s a team effort and he''s giving us 110%, so get behind EVERYONE
ON THE BALL CITY!!!!

i also agree that he didn''t have the best of games yesterday. tryed too many tricks that didn''t come off. but he still works hard and got his second goal for the club.
it was a bit ironic that svensson made a really bad mistake and my dad said, ''thats what u get for £50''000'', and 20 secs later he scored!
at the moment i would still have him above roberts. i thought the attacking in the first half was very good. huckerby and mckenzie worked very well together with svensson also joining in. we look so much better with mckenzie and svensson with huckerby behind than huckerby and svensson with mckenzie on the bench. i really hope that the formation and team in the first half stays the same against burnley coz we will rip them apart with the chances we were making and on another day it would have been 3 or 4-0 yesterday.
svensson should start next week aswell for me.

I can safely say I don''t think I have ever boo''d a player in a city shirt and I never will. It''s pointless. The manager is the top man and if he wants to play that player, then I''ll gt behind him from minute one. However, if a player isn''t doing his job properly, which in my opinion Sven isn''t, I think we should have the right to express our opinions. I think there is a school of thought that it is sacrilegious to lament any Norwich player. I don''t agree with this. I love Norwich to bits, they are a massive part of my life and I hate to have a go at anybody. However, Sven isn''t going to win doubters like me over by holding his finger over his mouth. He''s going to win people like me over by doing what he does best- Playing football.

I dont think that he will get a look in next season especially (if) we go up. I would rather see mckenzie and hucks anyday!

Before knocking Matt Consider this,
Svensson has scored twice this season,these goals have meant an extra Four points! The work rate in defending from the front puts both Huckerby and Roberts to shame. We need somebody to hastle the oppositions defence where they are afraid to make mistakes. I agree that the man needs to get stronger in holding up the ball but try and notice what he does off the ball not just what happens when he''s on it.

If you ask the other players I bet there''d rather have him on their side than playing against him.

Oh and by the way the four points well just look at the table if he hadn''t scored them and then imagine the nerves then!

Quite agree DD,I too would never boo any of our players,always clap them off the pitch if they are substituted and do my best to encourage them even when they are having a poor game.I havent missed any of the games that Sven has featured in this season and I like you are not at all convinced.As you say we are all entitled to our opinions and like you the jury''s out for me until May. But unless he makes a dramatic improvement I firmly believe we will need to buy a target man for the premier and I''ve already put Crouchy on standby.Prove me and DD wrong Sven, and we''ll both be pleased for you and admit that we got it wrong.

No need to shout mr monty monty we can all hear you loud and clear

Er - call me Mr Pedantic, but surely if Mr S hadn''t scored against Forest and Stoke we would have dropped four points, not six. But your point is still valid of course.

The point appears to have been missed just a tad.......... but it might be a personal thing , I am much more impressed with a player who gets the ball into the opponents penalty area than a player who lurks around the goal waiting for a good one to drop at his feet ! ........... ok it gets put away by the lurker , but who`s goal was it in real terms ? ?

A question.

Does anyone here honestly believe that slagging off one of our players during a game is of any help at all? Even if if the player concerned is not playing as well as he (or us) would like?

I don''t. And I can''t understand why some fans do it. If a player is not having a very good game, the last thing he needs is abuse from his own "fans".

I love this club. I''m sure everyone reading this does too. We all want success, we all want promotion back to where we belong. For 6 days a week, we can''t do anything to help. But for ninety minutes every week we, the fans, have an opportunity to have an influence on what happens on the pitch. We can do that by giving 100% support to EVERY player who is wearing a Norwich City shirt. We might all have different opinions on what our preferred starting 11 might be, but when the game starts and for the next ninety minutes we should shout ourselves hoarse encouraging the eleven players who are out there. If you don''t rate Svensson (or any other player) that''s your opinion and your right, but for hucks sake keep your opinions confined to message boards like this and don''t encourage the opposition by slagging off your own players during the game.

I think there are some valid points on here, but in my opinion I think almost everyone has missed the main point.

Svensson is a replacement for Iwan Roberts.

Now, it''s difficult to say this, but I would rather have Svennson playing inconsistently than Iwan Roberts playing poorly, and being completely ineffective. And the truth is Robbo didn''t get anywhere near the ball in the last run of games he played. People say he can hold the ball up, but all he does nowadays is fall over forwards or give away a foul. BUT big Iwan looks good coming on for 15/20 mins and Worthy has sussed this. It unsettles the opposition when they are tired, but when he''s on from the start they figure him out easily.

Svensson, however unsure or unimpressed you are with him, is a better bet than Iwan to start our games.

i agree..and although not as strong and useful in the air as iwan..he brings far more to the team as a whole.

This makes perfect sense.

If Iwan has lost a yard of pace why not use him at the end of the game when the other team is tired and the yard doesnt matter as much.
When you are defending a lead or draw you often want to hoof the ball up field towards a Iwan type player.
Its vital once you have a lead to hang on.
People forget that and just look at goal production
A player who can unsettle a defence at the end of a game is vital in wasting minutes.
They give away corners and throw ins which waste those minutes.
Norwich has been very good this year about not giving late goals away.
Hell they have been good about not giving hardly any goals away.
Last 10 games we have scored 13 and conceded 5, hard to not win the division when you only concede an average of half a goal a game.