Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

TWO NEW SIGNINGS!!

A source has informed me that the club will hold a press conference at Colney this morning, where two new signings are to be revealed

WATCH THIS SPACE!!

I have just heard from a very reliable source that there is going to be a press conference this morning where the club will announce 2 new signings.

Not sure who the players are as yet!!

Just to add to the rumour mill, I have seen this morning that we are going to sign James Hayter and Julian Gray. This could be them.....who knows.

At least if thorne goes, it shows PG has identified the deadwood and is finding some suckers to take them off our wage bill.

Would hope that any possible impending signings are permanents and not loanees.

Would also explain why players are being allowed out on loan.

Acording to radio norfolk, there man on the sports desk has just returned from a preess conference at colney and there is no news about players cuming, in that one, unless they are holding another 1 today  Sad [:(]

eeeerrrr   still waiting!   had a feeling it was to good to be true!

Vital Norwich had this too (unless Steeno, or Snake Pit Rebel is Richard Matthews) that would make three people - or one very popular source! Let''s hope something could still happen.I heard (over the bar) that the club hoped to announce up to three signings before tomorrow - one of them a big price. With that and Bigbear''s dream, something must be imminent![:D]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Joe ferrari has said on the official site msg board that there will be no press conferences today or in the near future.

6 days to go then...

[/quote]Darn you and your attention to detail![;)]

New manager comes in to a struggling side & inherites a very thin squad of players. A fair number of these players don''t want to be here & around half of the squad are out of contract in the summer. With less than half of the transfer window remaining, the club releases 5 players out on loan deals. We have the most prolific goal scorer in the division (148 goals in 229 league/cup starts, in his career to date) out injured until the end of the season. Quite clearly, (unless we sign 5 or 6 players over the next few days) we might as well accept that a lack of ambition & ''could''nt care less'' attitude has become prevelant within the club and that we should all start planning for life in league one.

Oh no! - what am I doing?. By inferring criticism of Smith and her board I will be upsetting her worshipers.

Heads out of sand & take stock of what is happening to our (once great) FOOTBALL CLUB.

I see your glass is half-empty Fram - need a top-up?''Clearly'' we can expect some signings soon. Grant isn''t a moron and wouldn''t sanction the reduction of the squad to (potentially) 23 fit players - three of whom are goalies!Obviously we''ll have to wait and see who''s right, but I''m happier than you [:P]p.s. can you reduce your font size - I can only fit one of your posts on my screen at a time.

[quote user="FramCanary"]

New manager comes in to a struggling side & inherites a very thin squad of players. A fair number of these players don''t want to be here & around half of the squad are out of contract in the summer. With less than half of the transfer window remaining, the club releases 5 players out on loan deals. We have the most prolific goal scorer in the division (148 goals in 229 league/cup starts, in his career to date) out injured until the end of the season. Quite clearly, (unless we sign 5 or 6 players over the next few days) we might as well accept that a lack of ambition & ''could''nt care less'' attitude has become prevelant within the club and that we should all start planning for life in league one.

Oh no! - what am I doing?. By inferring criticism of Smith and her board I will be upsetting her worshipers.

Heads out of sand & take stock of what is happening to our (once great) FOOTBALL CLUB.

[/quote]Yes, we released five players on loan deals. These were Fleming, Fisk, Cave-Brown, Halliday and Rossi Jarvis. So if the last four of those stay at the club and spend the rest of the season playing once every three weeks in our reserves, does that show our ''ambition'' as a club?Also, around half the squad are NOT out of contract in the summer. Read the latest news on the site.If we do sign five or six players over the next few days, do you really think they would be much better than what we''ve got already? The problem with the January window is that clubs are reluctant to part with players because they have to plan for the remainder of the season, to cover injuries and suspensions, and thus prices are generally inflated. It''s much easier to sign players in the summer when contracts expire and when clubs have more time on their hands to take stock and change personnel. Someone needs to be criticised for the way we failed to strengthen the squad over the summer, but whether that was Worthy''s fault, the board''s fault or a bit of both, I get the feeling that you just can''t wait for bad things to happen to the club you supposedly support. If we survive this season and strengthen the squad over the summer, will you still be shouting ''Sack the world!'' in August?I''d say the majority of fans would welcome a bit of fresh investment into the club and Delia has made it perfectly clear that she would listen to any offers to help the club move forward. If we all get out our placards and start chanting ''sack the board'', that''s really going to help attract these quality players that you''re demanding, isn''t it? And where will we get a new board from once you''ve had your little revolution? Yellow Pages?I don''t expect you to agree with much of what I''ve said, but I''m all up for a reasoned debate.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="FramCanary"]

[/quote]
I don''t expect you to agree with much of what I''ve said, but I''m all up for a reasoned debate.
[/quote]

Are you sure you''re in the right place?

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="FramCanary"]

[/quote]I don''t expect you to agree with much of what I''ve said, but I''m all up for a reasoned debate.[/quote]

[/quote]Fair point. DELIAWORTHYGRANTINGTONOUT! Kick the board! Jack it all in! Haaaaaave a little tantrum...

just the same as under worthy...calls going in...clubs reluctant to let players out because of injury....working to the early hours...all to convince us gulible mugs that something will happen, when in fact nothing will...and it will be someone elses fault again....I''m sure we can console ourselves, as we head to league one that at least Mr Doncaster spent a lot of time in his car again...

it always made me chuckle when the board said "we were working till the early hours" probably sitting there trying to negotiate a deal with an answering phone or the Woman from BT who says "sorry, your call cannot be taken now".. due to the fact it was the early hours and all other agents, managers, players etc were tucked up in bed!

the worrying thing is that given our board thats sad (and funny) enough to be true!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

it always made me chuckle when the board said "we were working till the early hours" probably sitting there trying to negotiate a deal with an answering phone or the Woman from BT who says "sorry, your call cannot be taken now".. due to the fact it was the early hours and all other agents, managers, players etc were tucked up in bed!

the worrying thing is that given our board thats sad (and funny) enough to be true!

jas :)

[/quote]So now the board are getting stick for working late? Presumably you''d rather that they just dropped everything at 6pm and let other clubs pinch the players they''re chasing? ;-)

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Canary02"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="FramCanary"]

[/quote]
I don''t expect you to agree with much of what I''ve said, but I''m all up for a reasoned debate.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Fair point. DELIAWORTHYGRANTINGTONOUT! Kick the board! Jack it all in! Haaaaaave a little tantrum...
[/quote]

Genius...