Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

No Transfers

Keep coming on the Pink-Un expecting to see a headline like ''Norwich sign ..............'' but yet another day and I am disappointed.  All we have signed up to now is Chadwick who we already had, a goalkeeper on loan and an unknown from Sunderland who was due to play with Earnie which is now up the shoot.  No creative midlfielders which to me has been staring me in the face for the last two seasons and yet nobody at the club seems to take this particular bull by the horns.  Oh well always tomorrow and the next day and the next I suppose.

[quote user="Bomber"]Keep coming on the Pink-Un expecting to see a headline like ''Norwich sign ..............'' but yet another day and I am disappointed.  All we have signed up to now is Chadwick who we already had, a goalkeeper on loan and an unknown from Sunderland who was due to play with Earnie which is now up the shoot.  No creative midlfielders which to me has been staring me in the face for the last two seasons and yet nobody at the club seems to take this particular bull by the horns.  Oh well always tomorrow and the next day and the next I suppose.[/quote]

Delia promised a "flurry" of activity on the transfer front come January.....so we must have faith! (apparently)

What would count as a flurry for you, Morse?Seven out so far (if Thorne makes that Oldham switch), three in - could be five in by tonight, if those pesky rumours are correct.Would that suffice to halt any accusations of lying? [:P]I''d prefer to see more in than out, but just turning over some of these personnel will freshen up the atmosphere (it was starting to stink like my duvet''s morning breath!) [+o(]

inclined to agree, nothing cooking Delia? lots of noise coming from the kitchen but nothing to serve up!

Still, must have faith eh?

How on earth can our football club let so many players leave on loan when we already have the smallest squad in the league and still no solid news of any ins. What is happening to our football club delia doomcaster and the rest of the board need to get on a boat up the wensum and dont come back.I think when the transfer window opens they think they can fudge there way through it with empty promises of we tried this we tried that nobody wants to come here crap.All this with earnie now out for the season and div 1 getting ever closer.It has to be  one of the most important seasons for city for a while and i am feeling very nervous as going to div 1 will flatten this club.All blame should be directed at delia doomcaster and the rest of the board absolute pants.    

God can you people not wait for one bloody week? i''m not saying i neccesarily believe there will be new players in before then, if there aren''t all be as pissed off as the lot of you and we can all start a thread about how angry we are but these daily threads moaning about lack of signings are becoming very tiresome! You all know full well that 75% of transfers in the jan window are done in the last week, it''s just something else to moan about.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]God can you people not wait for one bloody week?

i''m not saying i neccesarily believe there will be new players in before then, if there aren''t all be as pissed off as the lot of you and we can all start a thread about how angry we are but these daily threads moaning about lack of signings are becoming very tiresome! You all know full well that 75% of transfers in the jan window are done in the last week, it''s just something else to moan about.
[/quote]

The team will be travelling and preparing tomorrow so nothing will happen now until Monday at the earliest.

Nearest thing DS has to a flurry is a Mc''flurry.

I am fast losing heart with the board and the club.  They have a lot of hard work to do in the three days next week to convince a lot of fans to renew their season tickets, and it ain''t looking good, time is running out [O]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]God can you people not wait for one bloody week?

i''m not saying i neccesarily believe there will be new players in before then, if there aren''t all be as pissed off as the lot of you and we can all start a thread about how angry we are but these daily threads moaning about lack of signings are becoming very tiresome! You all know full well that 75% of transfers in the jan window are done in the last week, it''s just something else to moan about.
[/quote]Why let any more players leave before we have any in is the start of my gripe thats bloody stupid dont you think. 

[quote user="Fat Barman"]What would count as a flurry for you, Morse?

Seven out so far (if Thorne makes that Oldham switch), three in - could be five in by tonight, if those pesky rumours are correct.
Would that suffice to halt any accusations of lying? [:P]

I''d prefer to see more in than out, but just turning over some of these personnel will freshen up the atmosphere (it was starting to stink like my duvet''s morning breath!) [+o(]
[/quote]

Inspector Morse if you don''t mind "Obesity challenged bar operative" please ..........(trying to be PC these days).

The longer it goes on...the more likely a signing or two will be I think. The quality will be interesting, but the club wouldn''t dare take the p*ss out of us yet again....especially with the season ticket price increase put forward. A flurry would involve "incoming" players....not outgoing. Chadwick doesn''t count, nor does a goalkeeper on a loan signing.

So far then...one Sunderland journeyman reject...........[N]

[quote user="allways travelling"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]God can you people not wait for one bloody week? i''m not saying i neccesarily believe there will be new players in before then, if there aren''t all be as pissed off as the lot of you and we can all start a thread about how angry we are but these daily threads moaning about lack of signings are becoming very tiresome! You all know full well that 75% of transfers in the jan window are done in the last week, it''s just something else to moan about. [/quote]Why let any more players leave before we have any in is the start of my gripe thats bloody stupid dont you think. [/quote]I posted this elsewhere, but I think it should go some way to answering your question:The situation with players out on loan doesn''t worry me, for one of two reasons:1) It indicates that the board are confident of getting who they want in - these 3-4 players who keep being mentioned.2) With the farcical reserve league and fixtures, our fringe players and youngsters are getting bugger all match fitness and experience.  Sending them out on loan means they get games, regularly, and if there are clauses in the loan contracts stating we can have them back whenever we wish (as is usual), when they''re needed they''ll be match fit and ready.  Macca should be next, in my opinion - freshen him up, give him some perspective, and maybe get him back to his old self... we loved him once...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]  Macca should be next, in my opinion - freshen him up, give him some perspective, and maybe get him back to his old self... we loved him once...[/quote]Crumbs EM - that''s optimistic don''cha think?[:S]