Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Wonder

Team for Blackpool?

I guess this depends on 3 things;

1. Is Chris Brown cup tied?
  2. Will Shacks be fit?
  3. Can we sign anyone who isn''t cup tied?

Assuming that the answers are Yes to question 1 and no to questions 2 and 3 then i guess it will be;

Marshall, Colin, Drury, Shacks, Doc, Safri, Etuhu, Robinson, Croft, Hucks & Dublin

Back to the 4-3-3 system.

Only other alternatives would be Hughes on the left and Hux up front with DD or either McVeigh or Martin up front.

If Shacks is out then we are well and truly up the creek as DD will be at the back and we are left with no strikers! Unless he plays Spillane - he is the only of our younger lads not yet loaned out so perhaps he will get a game?

I think the answers are no, no and no.the team then is             MarshallColin Dublin Doherty DruryCroft Etuhu   Safri  Huckerby         Brown Martinor             Marshall

Colin Dublin Doherty Drury     Etuhu Safri  Robinson

Croft                         Huckerby

Brownwith Martin starting on the bench and coming on later.

brown is not cuptied,shacks is out as for question 3  who knows and will it matter after saturday.please not paul mcveigh upfront as we would be better off puting dd at the back and putting martin up front

I''d be tempted to play Brown and Martin up front in a 442. Like I said last week, give them a try together as it would be fresh and new with none of the baggage of past poor performances. If Shackell is fit I would leave Dion on the bench, keep him for another day! I am still so not sure about Etuhu and would be tempted to try Hughes and Safri in this game.

Marshall, Colin, Doherty, Shackell/Dublin, Drury ... Croft, Etuhu/Hughes, Safri, Huckerby.... Brown, Martin.