Sign in to follow this  
Hook Norton Canary

Nigel Worthington to Coventry

Im studying at coventry uni....and all the cov boys i speak to say its a done deal!!

Also have a friend who works at the Ricoh Arena (Catering side) and served Worthington and a few others lunch there yesterday!!

Be interesting to see how Leon does with Worthy their!!

I thought this might happen when adams left. I know worthy is happy and settled in the area with family and so a move to coventry would mean he wouldnt need to move. Coventry are in a very similar position to norwich were when worthy took over, and remember he did take us to the play offs and the premiership, and just think a more ambition board signing ashton 6 months earlier and we probably would have stayed in the premiership, and worthy would have been worshipped, the rest is history but i reckon he could do a good job at coventry.

Having been in Coventry area at university it is a good 4 hrs drive

(and many, many speed cameras), especially if you get held up at

elvedon - it is not a place you could reasonably commute to from

anywhere that you would live to manage norwich.

hook norton canary you have my deepest sympathies for being at cov poly by the way.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]I thought this might happen when adams left. I know worthy is happy and settled in the area with family and so a move to coventry would mean he wouldnt need to move. Coventry are in a very similar position to norwich were when worthy took over, and remember he did take us to the play offs and the premiership, and just think a more ambition board signing ashton 6 months earlier and we probably would have stayed in the premiership, and worthy would have been worshipped, the rest is history but i reckon he could do a good job at coventry.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. It was time for him to go but overall Nigel Worthington did more good than bad for this club. He made mistakes but all managers do, he got us to a play-off final and then later into the Prem and signed come quality players in his time here. I know there is a lit of duffers he signed but if you can get the likes of Hucks and Earnie to Norwich and actually wanting to play for the club then you''re definitely doing something right.