Sign in to follow this  
ca

Thorne to Oldham

According to the Daily Mirror today, Thorne is joining them on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move.

Hope if its true it works out for him.

[quote user="cityangel"]

According to the Daily Mirror today, Thorne is joining them on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move.

Hope if its true it works out for him.

[/quote]

Stop getting my hopes up Angel!, the squad gets smaller and smaller then?.

Mind you, ''Sick Note'' wouldn''t be missed.

Fans FC website has Peter Thorne moving to Oldham on loan for the rest of the season, with a view to a permanent move.I make that seven players moved out, if only temporarily, during January. You have to hope that this is an indication of what''s going to change around here. I expect more signings, perhaps loanees, with a very different look to the first XI by the time we play our next league match.Deadwood being cleared and young players getting first team experience elsewhere - that''s at least two ticked off my wishlist!OTBC - we''ve had the talk, now we''re seeing some action.

Darn you cityangel, that wasn''t there when I wrote my post!I wish him well, but I''ll be glad to see him leave too - the physios must be sick of the sight of him!

Why do you wish him good luck? He has been payed £9000 a week for absolutely nothing. It sickens me that he has not been done by the trade standards council for advertising himself as a professional footballer!

I only hope that he does well there so we can get some of the £900,000 pounds we have paid him in wages back!

City Angel are you as cute as your avatar?

[quote user="Fat Barman"]

OTBC - we''ve had the talk, now we''re seeing some action.
[/quote]

I cannot dispute that FB, now, if he (Grant) can only match it with a few new decent permanent signings, (hell, I''d go back on my words and say including decent loans too!) I may, and I must emphacise the word may, come round to his management style sometime in the distant future!.

After all, staying in the championship is far bigger than my bloody ego............. just!.[;)]

"Of course, there are exceptions and I''m generalising hugely, but for me a manager spends his first year getting rid of the players he inherited from the last one, the second year trying to get hold of the players that he wants and the third year trying to gel them into a team that''s in your own image."

Is this where we are now, stage one of a three year plan, or could PG maybe be an exception?

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

Why do you wish him good luck? He has been payed £9000 a week for absolutely nothing. It sickens me that he has not been done by the trade standards council for advertising himself as a professional footballer!

I only hope that he does well there so we can get some of the £900,000 pounds we have paid him in wages back!

City Angel are you as cute as your avatar?

[/quote]

I always wish players good luck when they move on and of course I''m cute [:)]

I''m afraid proof''s required in order to make such a bold statement Angel.  That''s why I won''t be concerning you all with the size of my..er....goal post!

[quote user="Steeno"]

thank god for that, only 2 years too late

[/quote]

Agreed Steeno, It''ll be nice to see the £ x Number of grand he takes home every week for doing sod all

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Not gonna happen, sadly...[/quote]

Do you know something we don''t know Pete? Grant has confirmed that the decision is Thornes but will Oldham be able to pay his wages?

He is patently not interested in playing football anymore, so all I can guess from this is they arent willing to pay his wages and the surf in Norfolk is something he would miss too much.

What a total utter disgrace of a footballer.

It is a pity because I thought he might have been a useful signing as he did very well at Cardiff in the 2 years prior to us signing him. When he joined he was going to be back up to Ashton & Leon. Sadly, he never did a thing for us and in truth has never looked likely to - he wasn''t helped by Worthy bizarrely playing him as a winger in his first few appearances!

The worst thing is we gave him a 2 year deal and yet seemed reluctant to offer the younger Svensson an extension to his contract! Possible one of the worst decisions made in our recent history (although there is a lot of competition!!!).

[quote user="cityangel"]

Do you know something we don''t know Pete?

[/quote]

Always CA ;o)

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

The worst thing is we gave him a 2 year deal and yet seemed reluctant to offer the younger Svensson an extension to his contract! Possible one of the worst decisions made in our recent history (although there is a lot of competition!!!).

[/quote]Well, quite. I was never a big fan of Svensson. But compared to Thorne, Matty looks like Pele.

Confused!As a new user of DAB radio, I don''t know how often they update the scrolling text service.The point is that Radio Norfolk are scrolling "Peter Thorne ponders a loan move to Oldham" at 11.30 on Saturday morning.Is this just old text, or is there information that hasn''t appeared on the internet for once?

Excluding team news for today, it''s the last proper story on the BBC Sport section for Norwich (from Friday).http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/default.stmThe Evening News (and Pink ''Un) mentioned it on Thursday, but it was buried in another story:http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/search/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&itemid=NOED25%20Jan%202007%2011:56:46:723&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=search

I imagine that if Thorne were to go s-w like Oldham we''d still pay part of his wages - I don''t think it is uncommon for that sort of thing to happen.  Just to get part of his wasted costs off our books would be worth it - he sure as hell isn''t anything for it at the moment anyway. 

IMO it would be best for him as a player as well -  he''ll surely be looking for a new club in the summer and you''d think he''d want a decent run under his belt to show he can still do it (or not).

Oldham are much more likely to get promoted this season than us get relegated.

[quote user="baldyboy"]cant see him going now as hes on bench today ahead of jarvis.[/quote] Why the hell is he on the bench? What is the point? I can''t see him going to Oldham when he can stay at Norwich and earn an easy packet every week!