Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Now We're The Underdogs!.

Oh, the damn shame of it all!.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED26%20Jan%202007%2016%3A58%3A03%3A367

Congratulations to Doncaster, Delia et al, is this your idea of an ambitious club......................second to Blackpool with the bookies?.

Remember, they usually know the REAL situation!.

Hmmm.  Let me think.  A club on a good run with an unchanged side is playing at home to a side that is from a division above but on a poor run and has just lost its main striker for the season.  It would be close whichever divisions we were talking about, and whichever clubs - the bookies merely reflect this. 

I personally see no shame in that at all, and would expect the same if someone like Brum were at home to Reading.  What? You mean they are?  The odds? Hmm...let me see - almost all of them have Brum as favourites.  Oh, the shame of it.

That''s why I posted what I did last night Branston. It was the "shame" headline that really got me. It''s any angle to have a go at the moment. And look how the sheep follow!!! Reading are over-achieving this season in anyones eyes so where is the shame them in Brum being bookies favourites? And if there is none then why is there shame for Norwich because Blackpool are bookies favourites?? Anyone??  Chris??

Our journalists don''t right the headlines. Chris doesn''t say "shame" in his story - "embarrassing position"  is as good as it gets. The headline in the paper is "Bookies back City to leave Lancashire with nothing". I won''t change the web one now. What''s done is done.Norwich have been so unpredictable this season and last - I have to say it''s certainly a shame I can rarely put my 10p''s on them with any confidence of getting them back.On the subject of another Q&A with Chris, as mentioned here one is certainly due - but for various reasons we haven''t got round to one lately. We don''t have one planned for next week, but if it Blackpool do win I''ll try to sort something out.

I agree it''s a shame that we can''t back City with any confidence this season Vince. The shame in the headline didn''t mean that though. And I knew last night someone would pick up on it for a post like this one. In fact, to carry on the betting theme, dear old wiz was odds on to be that poster! [;)]

I thought it was a poor story which is why I did the comparison with the Reading game. There will be plenty of oppurtunity for articles like this if we get turned over.

I guess I''m just moody because I can''t go to Blackpool.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Congratulations to Doncaster, Delia et al, is this your idea of an ambitious club......................second to Blackpool with the bookies?.

[/quote] The sad thing is Wiz that''s it''s not a surprise. Shameful and embarrassing yes but I can see the logic in it and certainly wouldn''t risk any money myself on Norwich coming back with a win. I hope we do win and believe we can win but considering our away form and Blackpool''s current form, combined with the long journey up there, I think Blackpool will start as favourites irrespective of what the bookies say!

You''re right though - it does show the sad state of our club at the moment and how far we''ve fallen in less than two seasons!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote] The sad thing is Wiz that''s it''s not a surprise. Shameful and embarrassing yes but I can see the logic in it and certainly wouldn''t risk any money myself on Norwich coming back with a win. I hope we do win and believe we can win but considering our away form and Blackpool''s current form, combined with the long journey up there, I think Blackpool will start as favourites irrespective of what the bookies say!

You''re right though - it does show the sad state of our club at the moment and how far we''ve fallen in less than two seasons!

[/quote]

Fair comments Alex, but what does it say about Reading???

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Fair comments Alex, but what does it say about Reading???

[/quote] I''m not totally surprised about Birmingham being favourites because of their being at home and their recent performance against Newcastle in the Cup although you would still expect Reading to triumph in this one!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"] although you would still expect Reading to triumph in this one![/quote]

Well I would, and you would, but the point I was trying to make was that the bookies, who usually know the real situation when we want to use their odds to back up our point of view, don''t!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"] although you would still expect Reading to triumph in this one![/quote]

Well I would, and you would, but the point I was trying to make was that the bookies, who usually know the real situation when we want to use their odds to back up our point of view, don''t!

[/quote] Yes I agree - Reading are 2-0 up apparently against the run of play. Guess the bookies get it wrong sometimes! We''re 1-0 up now too!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich
&itemid=NOED26%20Jan%202007%2016%3A58%3A03%3A367

[/quote]

The "underdogs" are doing okay so far Wizard. Is your wheelchair rocking?