Sign in to follow this  
no1canary

very well done to........

edworthy, mcveigh, francis, green and mckenzie.
i thought they were all exceptional yesterday.
i thought mcveigh was really back to his best. the best perfomance i''ve seen all season from him. (rotherham, sunderland, west ham, west brom, ipswich, gillingham and stoke).
francis really worked hard and im sure he deserves his place for next week.
mckenzie was top quality, we looked so dangerous upfront when he was on, and we didn''t really looked like scoring when he came off. is he the reason that we finally played well and scored in the first half? i think so. he''s a must starter for next week and rest of season.
what a save from green, no question he deserves a call up for england, well done.
and edworhty was very composed at the back yesterday. dealt with every ball and turned them into an attack, also the best i''ve seen him play all season (along with the other players).
what worthington said midweek, i think was really a boost for the squad and they have repaid his faith in them.
but every one played well and done their job.
4 WINS TO GO!!!!
OTBC!!!

As well as a huge ''well done'' to the team for yesterday''s win and performance I think another huge ''well done'' is owed to the club as a whole and to the fans. I have just been having a look at post-match reaction to the game on the Stoke Rivals mb and have found several comments that we should feel pretty proud of, such as: "it was what away games should be like - good food and service, decent beer and friendly banter"; "there was a fantastic feeling of anticipation before the game"; "I have never seen so many females and families at a game before"; "what a fantastic club Norwich are to emulate", and "by far the best atmosphere in an away ground I''ve witnessed all season"! How nice to read such positive things from fans of another team, especially after all the crap we''ve had to put up with from some others recently. Good on yer Potters! At least, if nothing else, this proves what a massive difference it made to have an almost constant wall of noise from start to finish. If they noticed it then I''m sure the players must have. (It sure looked as if they did!)

I''m not sure if it was Worthy''s statement during the week, or another factor, but everyone (Worthy, the players and the fans) seemed up for yesterday''s match. The attacking formation, plus Adam D''s return, seemd to put everyone in a positive frame of mind from "minute one", and the team played their finest first half for many a game. Well done, everyone. Notwithstanding this, it would be nice if Worthy and the boys were to come to ALL sides of the ground at the end of the game to give us a wave, a clap or a clenched fist in celebration. Even us old dodderers in the City Stand sang our hearts out for the boys yesterday; it would be nice to think that our support is appreciated.

HAve to agree that the atmosphere was superb - more akin to an away game than home at CR.

Some credit for teh club - even changing the pre match music seemed to help - from the usual pop to an edgier selection of white stripes, motorhead and guns n roses - every bit helped.

Not sure about the dancers tho!

OTBC

Yep, the support on Saturday was by and large fantastic (apart from a few chants of Iwan, Iwan aimed at Sven).

But it was better in the second half than the first ;-)

The "Worthingtons Green N Yellow Army" chanting was great - and even a few different second lines emerged like "Delia''s Barmy Army", "We are top o'' league", "N C F C".

We must have kept that one chant alone going for 20 minutes at least and my hands and arms were aching from the clapping that accompanied it.

I must say - its now getting so load in the Snake Pit its hard to hear much else from around the ground but it was evident that Barclay, and parts of South, River and City stands were also ''giving it some'' but come on guys ''n'' gals take it up to the next level.

Lets make 20 minutes - 90 and from all 4 sides - it would be awesome!

Just got my Reading and Watford tickets - see you there!