Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

money

i saw an advert to win £40,000 a year for life then thought player like robinson get that in a month or two. it is stupid they should get paid by the hours of training and how well they play ( so dubs would get more than robinson) and if players dont playe they get a normal amount of money (a normal wage not 5-10,000)

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]i saw an advert to win £40,000 a year for life then thought player like robinson get that in a month or two. it is stupid they should get paid by the hours of training and how well they play ( so dubs would get more than robinson) and if players dont playe they get a normal amount of money (a normal wage not 5-10,000)[/quote]

Don''t think he''ll be on more than £5k a week and by the time the tax man has taken his 40% and his NI contributions have been paid he''ll get about £2500pw  which I agree is still too much for him.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]i saw an advert to win £40,000 a year for life then thought player like robinson get that in a month or two. it is stupid they should get paid by the hours of training and how well they play ( so dubs would get more than robinson) and if players dont playe they get a normal amount of money (a normal wage not 5-10,000)[/quote]

Don''t think he''ll be on more than £5k a week and by the time the tax man has taken his 40% and his NI contributions have been paid he''ll get about £2500pw  which I agree is still too much for him.

[/quote]

really??  signed for 750K in the prem from tottenham...  remember the average player wage at the club - including the young profesionals like Fisk and Halliday is £6500.  I would think he is earning more than the average figure.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

really??  signed for 750K in the prem from tottenham...  remember the average player wage at the club - including the young profesionals like Fisk and Halliday is £6500.  I would think he is earning more than the average figure.

[/quote]

I''m not saying you are wrong CJF, just wondered how you arrived at that figure for Fisk and Hallidays wages?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not saying you are wrong CJF, just wondered how you arrived at that figure for Fisk and Hallidays wages?

[/quote]

sorry, I was trying to say that the average wage at the club was £6500, and that the youngsters whom probably arent on much may be making that figure lower than it should be for one of our real professionals.

That still doesnt make much sense...  Well you get the idea anyway!! [:D]

I think I get where you are coming from CJF. But I have read and reread that financial report and it doesn''t make a lot of sense to me. If you are dividing that 9m by the amount of players on the books you have to remember that 9m was the total for the year ending May 06. That includes a lot of players who left the club after relegation and I assume a lot of loan players from last season.

I wouldn''t have thought players wages are 9m now and certainly not next season.

Talking about high wage bills. Derby appear to have taken a huge gamble this season and part of me would like to see them miss out to see what happens in the summer!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote] Think you''ve got confused with the Doc - we signed him from Tottenham. We got Robbo for £50k from Sunderland!!??

I understand what you mean about the youngsters pulling down the average wage so the first team regulars must earn in excess of £6500 etc!