Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Defensive nightmare coming to haunt us!

I said about this last week - with Fleming out on loan and Shackell injured, our foward line, already deprived of Earnie is without Dublin while we''re one more injury away from being totally stuffed! Even the academy defenders are out on loan. We''d have to put Hughes or someone in there - it''d be like Chelsea!The only positive thing here is that this MUST mean we have defenders coming in before the end of the month. Doesn''t it?

Agree totally. Colin could play in there but he''s very short and not having any other cover is madness. I doubt any defenders will come in personally after what Grant has said though. Shacks should be fit soon and Flem is only on loan for a month so I think we will be going with what we''ve got for the rest of the season!

Well if anything is typical of the way things are going it''s that this whole scenario has panned out like this. But have we uncovered a new star central defender as a result in Robinson? It''d be killing two birds with one stone if this got him out of the midfield and resulted in a decent new centre back! Probably not tall enough though. What about as a full back?Defensive cover is needed everywhere at the moment with all the academy kids out on loan, shacks and DD injured and now Drury likely to be suspended. What a mess!!

Oh my god, what is it with this board at the moment? National nit-picking weekend? I''m not confusing anyone - i''m just referring to Halliday, Cave-Brown, Henderson and co as academy kids because, shock, they came through the academy. Obviously i''m not expecting the actual academy kids to come in for dublin, drury etc. Arggghh!

thats a bit harsh p.g i''ve watch them and a couple of them look o.k .The boy smart is pretty good  and very fast and thier goalie looks like he could be one for the future big lad and when i watched him he made some excellent stops