Sign in to follow this  
7rew

Blackpool Player ratings

As probably the first spectator to get from stadium to computer, 200 miles being a good headstart, here are my ratings of the players in the match:Marshall - 9 - Made good stops and controlled area well.Drury - 7 - Looked good most of the time, seemed to get narrow a bit too much. Unlucky to be booked, I thought it a penalty, saved us with a good last man clearance.Dublin - 7 - Marshalled the defense well, set the back line forcefully, but seemed to break it himself most often. Looked assured and solid throughout.Doherty - 6 - Not as assured as Dublin. One moment of madness led to drury''s clearence.  Didn''t seem to give away any free kicks today.Colin - 6 - Unlucky to be booked, good attacking throughout the first half.  sometimes looked shakey underpressure.Safri - 7 - Made good tackles and passes, worked hard. gave away free kick that they scored from.Robinson - 7 - looked lost in midfield, made some bad passes, and some good ones.  Looked better at centre back and better than doherty.Etuhu - 5 - hardly had any effect on the game was about but should do so much more. nothing bad and nothing good, slow to get back to help out the defense.Croft - 6 - Ran about alot, made some good crosses and tried to get the ball forward. can''t last the whole match yet.Huckerby - 6 - Scored and chased balls, had some good attacks, even headed the ball once or twice. something seemed lacking however.Brown  - 5 - looked good untill sent off stupidly, had some good shots and caused problems for the defense.Subs:McVeigh (for Dublin) - 7 - worked hard and put players off, didn''t seem lazy nor a mad dash bundle of energyThorne (for Croft) - 6 - was what norwich needed at the time, held the ball up well. only on pitch because brown was sent off.

your scores seem quite generous, (having said that I accept I wasn''t there and you were) are these scores based on the standard we''re now apparently used to?  Don''t forget we were playing Blackpool.

The other point I would like to make is how many times recently have I seen and then read comments like yours on ETUHU.  How is it he still gets in the team???

Well done on making the trip and getting back to ''post'' by the way. The support sounded good on the radio, couldn''t make too much of the game as that idiot chris goreham (radio norfolks finest!) was going on about the blackpool drummers more than the game!!

[quote user="wood 4 the trees"]

The other point I would like to make is how many times recently have I seen and then read comments like yours on ETUHU.  How is it he still gets in the team???

[/quote]

I suspect it''s probably because he is quite a good footballer who is just struggling for a bit of confidence and form at the moment. And there''s not enough strength in the squad to leave him out.

I don''t get to matches much as the championship is quite deficient in the area of north west teams, getting back my location cuts six and a half hourrs off the train trip.I meant to give the whole team a score of 5 but forgot to post it.The players seemed to do what they did well enough but most of the problem was in teamwork areas - unchallenged headers for blackpool were common but not attributable to any particular player, so i didn''t mark anyone down for them.I consider Blackpool to be reasonably equivalent to us (unfortunately) given their league position, form and home advantage.Also the referee scores 4. Some of the bookings were rediculous.

I was there and think those ratings are pretty much spot on. Nice to see us not crumble after they levelled.

Thought Marshall played well and lets hope he continues with that form. Came for crosses well and even the one''s he missed he put off their attackers. I also thought Robinson played very well today and Safria. Dickenson has talent and all the attributes, but for some reason the game appears to be passing him by for now. A player lacking confidence and maybe a goal for him would bring the best out in him.

Also praised for PaulM and Thorne who both done well when coming on. Now can we win the reply and get Ipswich at home in the next round!

Spot on them ratings. thought Marshall looked quality and looks good for the rest of the season. Thought brown looked good too and its promising for when earnie comes back, was a bit stupid with hte hand ball but he shouldnt have been booked in the first place, the defenders were doing the same to him all game.

[quote user="wood 4 the trees"]

your scores seem quite generous, (having said that I accept I wasn''t there and you were) are these scores based on the standard we''re now apparently used to?  Don''t forget we were playing Blackpool.

Well done on making the trip and getting back to ''post'' by the way. The support sounded good on the radio, couldn''t make too much of the game as that idiot chris goreham (radio norfolks finest!) was going on about the blackpool drummers more than the game!!

[/quote]

The first bit makes me chuckle.

You comment on this guys scoring of players, this being the guy who went and you didnt, and then you critisise his analysis. Please dont mate . I didn''t go either and I wouldn''t dream of questioning the reports of those that did. Why?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="wood 4 the trees"]

[/quote]

I suspect it''s probably because he is quite a good footballer who is just struggling for a bit of confidence and form at the moment. And there''s not enough strength in the squad to leave him out.

[/quote]

the guy is a total liability. \get rid now......  Preston fans told us he turns up twice a season they were right...  A total waste of space.

I went to game and would have given docherty 3 i thought he was awfull .Brown was excellent;but why all the police horses?

Marshall 9 - Great saves kept us in the game, some fingertip stops that i dont think Galls would have been able to reach. Kicking a bit suspect but cut-up pitch and seaside winds didnt help.

Colin 7 - Pushed forward at times and made some good challenges and overlapped well with Crofty.

Dion 7 - Solid in defence won the headers and covered well until he got injured.

Doc 6 - Won headers apart from their goal and got a few decent tackles in but looked a bit suspect and almost cost us near the end when he stumbled over and luckily Marshall saved us.

Drury 6 - Quiet game i thought but did his job well and kept Forbes quiet.

Safri 7 - The pick of the central mids i thought, played the ball well, across the midfield, some great crunching tackles and decent set-pieces.

Robbo 7 - Fans got onto his back a bit after a few stray passes although he did have spells of good play aswell, and i thought he was the best City CB all game! Great tackles and headers!

Etuhu 6 - Quiet quite but got tackles in and passed well. Didnt do much wrong but didnt see much of ball.

Crofty 7 - Linked well with Colin and made some nice runs and set up Robbo for a good chance.

Hucks 7 - A nicely taken goal and a few other good efforts together with a few good runs.

Brown 7 - Great touches on the ball and looked a good solid tough player, although he doesnt seem to jump much for his tall frame. Sorry to see him go but probs no arguments.

Subs:

Mcveigh 6 - Fans got on his back also after a few bad passes and flicks but seemed to play better as game progressed and did some nice stuff near the end, including a sweet crossfield ball to Hucks that ended up in row Z of the invisible stand behind the goal!

Thorney 6 - Didnt have much time to do much and as usual, probs touched the ball bout once.

Blackpool 6 - Nice town, seafront run-down, never get drawn into any seafront games, ive learnt my lesson! Team looked fine aswell although their biggest threat came from that lank at CB who scored.

For what it''s worth, the Screws of the World reckoned Grant should be happy with the performance."Hit by injuries and a red card, his side showed fighting spirit."As one of my major concerns has been the team''s attitude on the pitch, that''s a report I''m happy to read. If they approach the replay in similar manner we should make the 5th round - after all, Blackpool have the long trip this time and it really does affect players. Looking forward to welcoming Forbes back to Carrow Road.