Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Chelsea v Forest !

Will anybody apart from me be watching ?  [:P]   ( just talking to myself )  .......

Oh , nearly forgot  , Hucks was M.O.M at  Blackpool  , which is the pits !  should never be seen in daylight [st]

I''m watching sheded. Of course, while it''s obvious how outclassed Forest are, do you notice how the Forest players on the rare occasions that they gain possession, simply panic and give the ball away immediately? Obviously, the intimidation factor is huge. In the previous round Forest looked very accomplished against Charlton where, although the opposition was poorer, Forest were still directing their passes accurately and with composure. 

I agree with what Lawro said during the 1st half.. why change the tactics just because ur playing Chelsea.. stick to what u know... use the big man up front and the pace of Tyson to stretch the center backs.. its too late now.. although Forest just did nearly Score! lol

at the end of he day chelsea are 11 human beings... sure they might be better at what they do than Forest... but they are fallable.. Run at them, Hassle them, stay on their heels, give them no space, get stuck in... Humans are prone to mistakes... If chelsea had made one Forest could of pounced...

No fear! thats the mantra u should play by... once u cross the white line ur just as good as Frank Lampard, or Shevchenko, make them fear u... because thats half the game won.. even if u cant win the match.. to see top class players making mistakes.. or being afraid to do what they normally do.. shows how u got to them.

jas :)

Hi Yankee , Forest are their own worst enemy in this match !  definately over awed by the occasion  ,   mind you , Chelsea are playing all their big guns  ,  and making it look like a walk in the park ,   the result looks  obvious  , but I don`t think Forest  will mind too much   , the money will  be very welcome !    and they can  go home  to  continue the fight for what really matters , promotion into the Champ ! 

As a matter of interest, Chelsea  have never won the European  championship, Forest have won  it twice  !   we will be back .....   [:D][li]

Sometimes easier said than done Jas !    Forest have their priorities now  ,  maybe Norwich should  follow the  tactics you  recommend ?    after all , the opposition  they now face  isn`t in the Chelsea class !   

Grant  IS  trying things out  ,  I think he should stick with keeping Hucks in a central role  , thats where he made the goal !   Brown looks to be a bit wayward , but shows promise ,  bad lad turns good ?    

Fingers crossed that  we can , yet , make the playoffs....[;)]

I thought Gary Holt looked awful in the game. Much of it passed him by, he gave the ball away a lot and I didn''t see much of the end to end running that he was famed for at Norwich! Still at least he made it on the pitch unlike MLJ who has disappeared off the face of the earth...

Are you thawing towards Grant, sheded?I was pleased he moved Hucks inside - that''s where he started the games in promo year isn''t it? He always drifted wide left, but was nominally a centre-forward, that''s what caused defences so much trouble. He became less effective when Worthy made him a regular left-winger, because teams knew where to find him, he didn''t have the same license to roam around the pitch.I''ve heard that Grant is looking for a left-midfielder - not to replace Hucks, but so he can resume that central role that was so effective three seasons ago. We got hung up on Ashton and then Earnie and forgot how Hucks performed best for us. Hopefully Grant is trying to sort this out now. Fresh perspective and all that!

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Are you thawing towards Grant, sheded?

I was pleased he moved Hucks inside - that''s where he started the games in promo year isn''t it? He always drifted wide left, but was nominally a centre-forward, that''s what caused defences so much trouble. He became less effective when Worthy made him a regular left-winger, because teams knew where to find him, he didn''t have the same license to roam around the pitch.

I''ve heard that Grant is looking for a left-midfielder - not to replace Hucks, but so he can resume that central role that was so effective three seasons ago. We got hung up on Ashton and then Earnie and forgot how Hucks performed best for us. Hopefully Grant is trying to sort this out now. Fresh perspective and all that!
[/quote]

I`ll always give Grant  a chance Barman .... as long as he listens to me  ! [6]     as you say  , Hucks  got fixed  into the left wing position  , which might have worked if the team around him hadn`t deteriated  ,

I never could understand  the rigid thought process  of Worthington , in not seeing  that , week after week  , Hucks was marked too tightly   to be effective !    it must be a standing joke  in all clubs  that  Hucks has to be kicked  down before he gets near the box .....  makes you wonder how  injury free  he keeps !  surely a tribute to his fitness regime .

Hucks did the business  as a striker  in the prem ,  he`s a natural  roamer   , likes to go where he thinks  best ,   moving him into a centre forward position  will always worry any defence !  his reputation  of getting past defenders   will give them  the creeps , especially  in the box !

I have noticed that Grant  appears to have recognised  that Hucks  should be switched  around  ,  now that  Earnie  is out for the season  I think that Hucks and Brown   be placed  up there  as part of a 4-4-2   , and if Chadwick gets in    we should have a formidable strike force !

IMO   the new guard of Chadwick , Brown , Croft  , Dublin , hold the key  to any progress we can make this season , they are still untainted  by the old guard in the dressing room  ( hopefully ! )