Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

Fleming loan typical of total mismangement at this club

Can anyone within NCFC please tell us why Craig Fleming was allowed to go on loan when it was known that Shackell was struggling ??? With Dublin injured and both full backs due to start suspensions we are left with absolutely no cover in these positions . It is farcical enough that an aged Fleming is our only cover at full back and centre back , but to let him out on loan typifies the total mismangement at NCFC . Yes , maybe events conspired against us on Saturday , but surely the club knew that both full backs were one booking from being suspended , Shackell was injured and we had no cover . So please Mr Grant tell us why you let him go to Wolves - And why does no one seem to know if he can be released back again so he can play on Tuesday ??

[quote user="Berks canary"]Can anyone within NCFC please tell us why Craig Fleming was allowed to go on loan when it was known that Shackell was struggling ??? With Dublin injured and both full backs due to start suspensions we are left with absolutely no cover in these positions . It is farcical enough that an aged Fleming is our only cover at full back and centre back , but to let him out on loan typifies the total mismangement at NCFC . Yes , maybe events conspired against us on Saturday , but surely the club knew that both full backs were one booking from being suspended , Shackell was injured and we had no cover . So please Mr Grant tell us why you let him go to Wolves - And why does no one seem to know if he can be released back again so he can play on Tuesday ??[/quote]

If he has been allowed to go with no emergency recall arrangement then we do have problems other than on the field ..........

Bearing in mind that everytime he has played this season we have conceded an absolute shed load I''m not sure what the problem is!! I am surprised though that no moves seem to have been made for a defender.

Does anyone know how Robinson played at centre back after Dion went off yesterday?

Presumably, Spillane is fit an available? It looks like he might start against Wolves.

Surely it''s all about freeing up wages for new players?I''d be just as happy seeing the young reserve players on Tuesday, as Fleming. All he brings to the show these days is experience - a good thing in itself, but we don''t half need some young legs and a more exuberant attitude. This could be a blessing in disguise.Not long back prople were howling that Flem had no place here anymore and the youngsters should have a go - particularly Spillane. You have your wish.

Sorry, can''t agree with this thread at all - rather than Flem going on loan being typical of mismanagement at the club, this thread is typical of some of our supporters who with the benefit of 20:20 hindsight find it necessary to whinge about everything. It seems the club can''t do anything right, it is damned if it does and damned if it doesn''t.  I don''t remember too much criticism when Flem went on loan but suddenly it is supposedly a sign of incompetence.

The simple fact is that keeping players here to play once every 4 weeks in the Reserves is proving to be a pointless exercise, so in order to keep them match sharp it makes every sense to get them playing regularly.  Flem as a specific example is interesting - he has been the scapegoat for 2+ years and I''m sure most supporters would happily have had him loaned out ages ago, not a few weeks ago - but of course with hindsight it is now being questioned. 

I agree with BP - we still have spillane who people have been crying out to play for a while.we could also recall fisk and cave-brown from knigs lynn, I would rather see them play tha fleming.This means the wolves game will be high scoring, neither side have a full strength central defense.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Sorry, can''t agree with this thread at all - rather than Flem going on loan being typical of mismanagement at the club, this thread is typical of some of our supporters who with the benefit of 20:20 hindsight find it necessary to whinge about everything. It seems the club can''t do anything right, it is damned if it does and damned if it doesn''t.  I don''t remember too much criticism when Flem went on loan but suddenly it is supposedly a sign of incompetence.

The simple fact is that keeping players here to play once every 4 weeks in the Reserves is proving to be a pointless exercise, so in order to keep them match sharp it makes every sense to get them playing regularly.  Flem as a specific example is interesting - he has been the scapegoat for 2+ years and I''m sure most supporters would happily have had him loaned out ages ago, not a few weeks ago - but of course with hindsight it is now being questioned. 

[/quote]

Just curious, is there anything concerning NCFC (plc) that you''re not quite happy with Branston.......apart from those that criticise it?

[quote user="7rew"]
we could also recall fisk and cave-brown from knigs lynn, I would rather see them play tha fleming.

[/quote] Fisk is a central midfielder and Cave-Brown a right back - both are really short too! I''d like to see Halliday who is currently on loan at Torquay given a go at centre back. He is tall and has beefed up a fair bit over the past year! Can''t be worse than Fleming surely!

Could somebody please tell me how a ''football club'' can operated without players? The decimation of the squad this last 2 years has really come home to roost now. Thanks Delia and co. Good work.

People were posting on here a couple of weeks ago, wishing Flem all the best if he moved to Bournemouth as was the rumour....

He goes out loan to Wolves, and suddenly its the "Manager''s fault" or the "Boards fault?"

Make your minds up!

Perhaps Grant has given Flem his chance/s, and he (Flem) hasnt proved to be worthy of playing.

[quote user="djcat"]

People were posting on here a couple of weeks ago, wishing Flem all the best if he moved to Bournemouth as was the rumour....

He goes out loan to Wolves, and suddenly its the "Manager''s fault" or the "Boards fault?"

Make your minds up!

Perhaps Grant has given Flem his chance/s, and he (Flem) hasnt proved to be worthy of playing.

[/quote]WHY NOT SIGN A REPLACEMENT????

Name one other club that operates with only 2 senior central defenders.  OK, for the benefit of the doubt, let''s say 3 (but technically Dion was brought in as a striker).

Anyone with any experience of football management (and as a veteran of Championship Manager, I feel that I have copious amounts) will know that you shouldn''t operate with fewer than 2 players for each position, and if you are replacing a player with another, you should get the incoming player before you release the outgoing player.

It amuses me that we are playing Robinson at centre back, and people are still going "Leave Grant alone, he knows what he''s doing!".  As if that''s not proof enough that we have a complete cretin at the helm.

And another report on the PinkUn today basically reads like this: "Grant: ''I''m too inept to seal yet another another transfer and now we''ve only got 2 and a half days left.  Uh Oh, Spaghetti Os!''"

The mismanagement was not sending Fleming on loan.

It was a shame Spillane wasnt deserving of a spot on the bench at the weekend.  Also a shame Martin didnt get a game... But as with EVERY OTHER WEEK i am sure there are excuses a plenty not to play him....

i think the club has been mismanaged since our relegation dday at fulham, something obviiusly went very wrong there....i have to say worthy left this team a mess with a team low on confidence, but half those norwich players are NOT fit to wear a shirt, no one plays with the pride that they used too.secondly i like peter grant but the club sell ashton and green and then get him straight in, anyone small something odd?  wheres the money gone, and rubbish to all that talk about parachute payments, my sister goes out with rob eagle and i grill him on why the team dont perform, (due to the fans) again, rubbish, we are not paying 25 quid a game to watch a lack of commitment and pride, when anyone does a job, football or not you do it well or your out! cut their wages for a month, see if that perks them up as personally being an avid fan and giving them my full support week in week out, i do not believe that the team plays with enough passion.

[quote user="Berks canary"]So we now know that Fleming cannot be recalled - he might even play against us . Absolutely unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Facts wrong old chap - Fleming not eligible to play against us.Anyway, looks like he might have moved to Rotherham by then. Looks like agent Hendo completed his mission after all [6]