Sign in to follow this  
Nobodys Perfect

Lowest gate for ten years coming up?

So, well at least we''re in the hat. The replay on Tuesday week will, in my opinion, be very poorly attended. In fact I predict as "little" as 16,000. Call me fickle, not a true supporter, call me what you like, but my patience has worn through to breaking point. I''ve had a gutful of these pathetic displays. Work commitments prevented me from going today. Thank God they did. Injuries and suspensions now just add to the gloom. Delia & co, what HAVE you done to our club. Season ticket renewal? In the bin. Come and slag me off everyone, I don''t give a toss. The team don''t so why should I? Next season I''ll go as a casual supporter. There''ll be plenty of space. After 40 years of dedicated support, I can''t believe we''ve sunk to this. Kneejerk reaction perhaps, but I''m so annoyed I could spit. Cue a load of posts berating me. Water off a ducks back I can assure you.

I live within a 20 minute walk (well, to be honest a three hour walk when you take into account a pub stop), from the ground,  but i can assure you that if it was any great effort  or expense to get to Carrow Road, there is no way i would waste good money to watch the pile of poo we are seeing at the moment. So Daisy, no berating from me sunshine.

look on the bright side, we have lovely kitchens and a stone clad hotel, we are deiniteley on the way up.

So that would be lower than the 5,429 we got against Barnet then! I wouldn''t mind betting we get more than the 9,300 we got last time we played them, in fact we ought to get at least 15,000 with a place in the 5th round at stake. Most of us would have settled for a draw before the game, in fact most championship sides would have been happy with that result.

For Gods sake cher up you lot, we are still in the FA Cup!

I agree, my season ticket renewal has gone in the bin and so has my sons!  After 30+ years of spending good money I''m no longer prepared to fund over paid, over rated players with over blown egos!  Our club has been destroyed by the likes of WORTHINGTON and the board allowed it!  Bye bye NCFC you''ll need it!

Crikey, we only drew - what would this thread read like had we lost?!  There are plenty of sides who come a cropper in cup games, we have done no worse than many.  To get a draw is not a bad result. 

Re: the attendance at the replay, why should it be particularly high - and was it ever likely to have been?  Cup games have lost a certain amount of their shine, Forest, for example only got 19000 for Prem opponents in the last round, and it will be a 3rd home game in a week.  My feeling is that whether we were doing well or badly it would be pretty poorly attended when compared to the relative sell-outs we''ve had in recent seasons - after all, we are playing Blackpool, not Blackburn.  I personally couldn''t care less who goes and who doesn''t, but imo we''ll get a hell of a lot more than most sides would get.

[quote user="Daisy Duke"]So, well at least we''re in the hat. The replay on Tuesday week will, in my opinion, be very poorly attended. In fact I predict as "little" as 16,000. Call me fickle, not a true supporter, call me what you like, but my patience has worn through to breaking point. I''ve had a gutful of these pathetic displays. Work commitments prevented me from going today. Thank God they did. Injuries and suspensions now just add to the gloom. Delia & co, what HAVE you done to our club. Season ticket renewal? In the bin. Come and slag me off everyone, I don''t give a toss. The team don''t so why should I? Next season I''ll go as a casual supporter. There''ll be plenty of space. After 40 years of dedicated support, I can''t believe we''ve sunk to this. Kneejerk reaction perhaps, but I''m so annoyed I could spit. Cue a load of posts berating me. Water off a ducks back I can assure you.[/quote]

An honest post Daisy....and very much how many of us feel.........[:)]

16,000 I don''t think so, I know that the games have been poor recently but I believe that there will new signings this week that will give everybody some new belief for the forth coming weeks, Norwich games will only drop to 16,000 if we play in early cup games or midweek games or heaven forbid League 1 !!!! 

We have higher gates than most club in the champonship, along with good suport around the country, which when you take Norwich as a location for travelling from it just shows how many canary fans there are around the country.

What you think about – You bring about

So Keep Positive – Follow Follow Follow

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Crikey, we only drew - what would this thread read like had we lost?!  There are plenty of sides who come a cropper in cup games, we have done no worse than many.  To get a draw is not a bad result. 

[/quote]

Well, imo, to get a draw against a league one team with almost our best squad out 2 seasons ago wouldnt be acceptable. So surely if you''re willing to accept this...not only the board ambition, but some of the fans - is way below par?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So that would be lower than the 5,429 we got against Barnet then! I wouldn''t mind betting we get more than the 9,300 we got last time we played them, in fact we ought to get at least 15,000 with a place in the 5th round at stake. Most of us would have settled for a draw before the game, in fact most championship sides would have been happy with that result.

[/quote]

What are we supposed to be cheerful about?

Our inability to beat a team from a lower division?

Our inability to score more than one goal?

Well at least Grant''s got players coming in to strengthen the squad, wait a minute, no he hasn''t!

Celebrating a draw against Blackpool just shows how low some fans expectations have become.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

What are we supposed to be cheerful about?

Our inability to beat a team from a lower division?

Our inability to score more than one goal?

Well at least Grant''s got players coming in to strengthen the squad, wait a minute, no he hasn''t!

Celebrating a draw against Blackpool just shows how low some fans expectations have become.

[/quote]

So the fact we are still in the FA Cup is not something to be cheerful about? Have people forgotten what the FA Cup is all about? If every team from a higher division always beat every team from a lower division the competition would become pointless. I believe every Championship side would have taken that result against Blackpool.

Fans of teams left in, who understand what the FA Cup is about, are all dreaming about Mondays draw. Fans of teams who have been knocked out pretend they don''t care.

Keep your powder dry, we will have plenty more poor results to get upset about while the manager tries to turn this depressing season around.

O .k.Daisy Duke , you have your knockers , but do you think the fans can''t hold it against you ?

Quite a few teams in the competition would be grateful to get 16,000 in for a game against lower league opposition.

It will be a chance for the occasional fans to see a game if the usual suspects don''t take up the option on their tickets. There are a lot of fans who are only seeing a handful of games due to the high level of season tickets sold.

Does anyone know hoe much tickets will be?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Daisy Duke doesn''t give a toss..............

well there goes another fantasy.

[/quote]

Some fall on stoney ground Rudolf........[:)]

20,000 easy.

my phones rang 5 times with mates asking for tickets.

if you dont want to go fine - plenty will. stay at home and "live the dream" posting on a fkn message board.

ITS THE FA CUP FOR GAWDS SAKE

WEMBLEY?

REMEMBER THAT??

[quote user="Mello Yello"]If it''s the lowest gate for ten years..........can we climb over it, and get in for nowt?[/quote]

You''re not taking this seriously are you Mello?............[;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]If it''s the lowest gate for ten years..........can we climb over it, and get in for nowt?[/quote]I''ve heard there is a limit on how low the gate can be Mello, apparently it has to be at least 4 foot six, on account anything lower would allow the cows from the local countryside to jump over and graze on the pitch

I hate to say it but I`m going to wait to see whether the game is on tv before deciding to go or not. If it is`nt I`m sure that inexplicable loyalty or morbid curiosity will have me attend. However if the game`s on telly I`m damned if I am going to stick another 20 quid into the likes of Peter Thorne`s bulging pockets.

Atendence will deinitely be very interesting.

Check out my blog, ''Freeze-Frame,'' on the home page to see my views on the situation.

(Sorry for the shameless plug, just want to make sure some people actually are actually reading it, lol!!)

Cheers

Actually thinking of switching work shifts to be able to go.It''s been 18 years since I last saw Norwich make the 5th round (Out of the country last two times it happened!) so I''d love the chance to see us get there this year. I probably wouldn''t be able to make the actual 5th round, if we win, so going to the replay is the next best thing.Getting to see games is infrequent enough for them all to bring the thrill of anticipation - even when I know we''re playing like cr@p!I understand regular attendees feeling a bit different about this, but us casuals may balance it out.

Who cares, we are not going to win the cup,we are not getting promotion,all we can look forward to is another 3-5 years of this current crap

Crikey jjohnny, missed a Prozac mate?Only one team wins the cup (duh!), do the fans of all teams outside the ''big 4'' all just give up caring? How about teams outside the Prem? Surely the excitement of the cup is that you don''t know how far you''ll get, whether you''ll beat a better team than yourselves, or lose to a worse one? Too often, recently, we''ve been hopeless in the cup - that doesn''t mean you give up caring - if a realistic chance of success is a pre-requisite for taking part, it''d be a very small compo!The nearer you get to the final, the more the impossible dream starts to grab you. We''re in the 5th round draw, by 2pm we''ll know if it''s a possible tie against Man Ure, Chelski, Ippoo, or Bristol City. I reckon we''d have a chance against maybe half the teams left in (just got to beat Blackpool first!), If we can get a decent draw then the quarter-finals is a real possibility this season and a tough draw could still bring a Prem team to Carrow Road - surely we''re due a home draw in one of the cups!Sod it! I''ll care about this, even if you don''t - Kick it off!