Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

Neil Adams " Norwich are one of the best championship sides "

Why is it so important what Adams thinks?

Adams opinion is no more relevent than any poster on these boards. His opinion doesn''t and shouldn''t have any relevence in team selection or club policy. He hosts a radio phone in with very little discussion and many angry rants. Is it that people need him to agree with them to make them feel comfortable? Do they need to be able to say "this must be the worst side ever to play for Norwich and we are certainly going to get relegated and Neil Adams agrees with us".

Remember Rick Waghorn last year and how people turned against him because they didn''t share his point of view. Journalists (and I guess Adams is one of them) don''t have a duty to write and say popular things although in many cases they do just that. Last season the local press was accused of "towing the club line" too much and that seems to have been put turned round this season where some of the articles about the club I feel are unfair and just written to be popular. The "Betting shame" one at the weekend being an example. And there was also the 10 questions the EEN wanted asked at the AGM. Some of those questions had been answered by the board during the year and it seemed to me that it was a case of a question being treated as unanswered unless the answer was what the questioner wanted to hear. Overall though I believe it''s right that the local media should be asking questions with the local football club underperforming so badly, I just feel that people like Neil Adams add some balance to it all.

In many ways this messageboard is a much better medium to discuss our football club than canary call. The threads on here about football, the players, team selection and tactics usually turn into reasonable discussions. When we post something we have to be prepared to be shot down by a different point of view. I don''t ever see myself picking up the phone and calling canary call, but I love posting on here.

So , Neil Adams - If we will have no problems getting players to come to Norwich why has Peter Grant admitted that it is unlikely we will sign anyone - Because they do not want to come to a run down club that is in freefall to Division 1.