Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

What are your circumstances??

Age     Much older than any of you lot (Atlee was the Prime Minister)

Job     Retired

Fan  Shareholder   Season Ticket Holder

Attended first match in the early fifties. Seen''em go up, seen''em go down, yellow and green in the blood, hate Ipswich, won''t be giving up my season ticket. 

Job: Student!

Fan: Season ticket holder since 2002

Reason: Was converted from a fox by a b''day present- a season ticket! Mum and dad both fans.

Interesting facts: Played on Carrow Road once, sang OTBC on the pitch, had an interview live on radio norfolk at the Worthy out protest, got on sky dancing down the road, in a group, to Craven Cottage (oh dear!). I''m a celeb in my own right!

Dont post on here much, tend to just read through fear of saying something i regret, Norwich making me very emotional at the moment!  But i thought i''d join in this time, its nice to know a little about all the different people who make up this board.Name: CathyAge: 21Job: Student at Reading Uni, doing Art and Philosophy, but with ambitions to go in to Marketing in Football, makes sense to me...Also work part time for market research company, but a nice one, not one who bothers ppl on the streetBeen a member on hatrick plan for around 4 yrs i think, never been able to afford season ticket, one day.....Reason: lived in Norwich till i was 18, saw my first game when i was 10, beat Derby 1-0 and that was it, i was hooked, loved the Canaries and everything football (except those over the border and Forest,- my dad''s a Notts fan) ever since.Mildly Interesting Fact: Did work experince for Notts County football club, in marketing department, for 2 weeks.  Certainly gave me a new view on how difficult it is to run a football club.

Age 34

Job - Work in Claims Dept of an Insurance Company (no not that one!!).

Fan - Season Ticket in Block D lower barclay on and off for last 10 years. Before that a member since 1986. First game Barnsley home in 81-82 a 1-1 draw.

Reason - Dad was born in Norwich although not a football fan.

[quote user="CatNcfc"]Name: Cathy
Job: Student at Reading Uni, doing Art and Philosophy, but with ambitions to go in to Marketing in Football, makes sense to me...
[/quote]

Hey Cathy,

My daughter referenced in the earlier post is the same age as you, and is studying IT with Management at Reading Uni . She is also keen to go into Marketing. She applied to NCFC for her year in industry but nothing available.

Small World!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Job;   I am a Sales Manager living in Northampton and both my kids run round in Canary tops, they were brain washed at an early age!

[/quote] Where about''s in Northampton do you live mate? I live just outside Northampton on the A428! Good to see more Canary fans in Northants!

Occupation : Student at Sheringham 6th form college. (someone has to go there)

Reason: Mum and Dad both fans, norfolk born and bred.

Ticket Status: Season ticket holder since moving near Sheringham in 1998. Now in my 9th season.

Interesting Fact: I''ve known Voice of the thorpe area for years and take part of the credit for converting him from a fox. I was with thorpe singin on the ball city before the game a few months ago and was part of the gang dancing on sky at fulham. I also last season spent the sheffield utd game in the company of radio norfolk and spent 45 minutes sitting with roy waller and neil adams.

I also have my celeb connections, i tonight was at an event with an ex norwich striker currently at villa, i know the regions biggest celeb chef other than delia and i play football with the sons of a certain ex manager living in north norfolk.

Name: SteveAge: 21Occupation: Student (Film Studies w/ Creative Writing)Lives: High WycombeHometown: PortsmouthReason: Absolutely none at all! My brother forced me into supporting a team as soon as I could talk and I liked Dale Gordon and the colour yellow! Been a fan ever since and spent my 19th birthday at Carrow Road with one of those matchday celebration things! Met the players, ex-players, Worthy and Chris Kamara! Too bad we could only manage 0-0 against WBA in a top of the table clash, great day though!

Job: Marketing Manager.

Fan: Season ticket holder. Maybe not next year. I can''t take the pain any longer.

Reason: I was born in Norwich, isn''t that what''s supposed to happen?

Interesting fact: In the stylish 80''s I nearly got in a masty situation with a large ex Norwich City player in a Kebab Shop after a night out down Ritzy. He was "merry" and suggested that if I wasn''t happy with my kebab I should complain. I told him that the only thing I was unhappy with was his performance of late. Quick exit......

Hey Canaries for Ever, Is indeed a very small world.  I asked at Norwich about doing work experience too but they said they only do the year placement for graduates and its very highly sort after.  Would be amazing but im not sure I could cope working there, far too emotionally involved.Good luck to your daughter, hope she finds/found a placement, the more women working in football the better [:)]

Job: Tutoring and PhD research.

Place: hopping between Naarwich and Laahndan at the moment.

Been a fan ever since I was taken to see us lose 3-1 to a then bottom of the table Burnley - some point in the early seventies (1974?) - some things never change[:D].

Job: Work for THAT insurance company as a skivvy.

Place: Norwich

Had a season ticket since age 7. Only gave it up for one year when I was at college in Cheltenham, then took it back by sharing the ticket with my brother for another three years watching matches at Xmas and Easter hols before being permanently back in Norwich.

Age: 25Job: Studying Environmental Science at Manchester Metropolitan University, having quit my job of 5 years at the same insurance company as Canary02.Place: Manchester, not quite near Moss Side...Fan: Casual/plastic, simply because of the location.  Formerly a member/hat trick plan/borrower of spare season tickets.Reason: Christ knows.  I was born in Telford but moved to Wymondham at the age of about 18 months, then into Norwich at about 5.  Neither parent was a football fan, and all other relatives were split between Brum, Wolves and West Brom.  I guess it was just peer pressure from the kids around me at school.  Didn''t get to a game until I was 15, and we got hammered 3-1 by Oxford who were languishing in the bottom of the table and I believe were in administration.  Some things indeed do not ever change...Interesting facts:  After the above debut defeat, I saw City a number of times over as a casual fan and enjoyed a 14 game unbeaten run at Carrow Road, only ending with the 2-0 (or 2-1) defeat against Fulham in the Prem.  Also, met the squad when they were out celebrating winning Division 1 and they gatecrashed our work''s party upstairs in Delaney''s (it''s briefly mentioned in Iwan''s book).  Darren Huckerby was on my phone to my ex girlfriend asking her why she''d dumped me as I seemed like a nice lad... brilliant!  Didn''t work though... [:(]  Only celeb I''ve spotted in Manchester was some chap who was once in Hollyoaks, who doesn''t count, and Georgios Samaras, out shopping... in Primark!!!

Age: 38Job: Three guesses (and the first two don''t count!)Went to first game (Luton reserves) aged 5 - walked around the ground to watch both halves from behind Luton''s goal (probably to stop me getting bored at half-time!). Season ticket holder 1976-1991 after which I went travelling the world. Temporary bar job on return became a new career - currently bar manager at the Fat Cat, working evenings and weekends, so only make a few games each season. Wife, two kids and large mortgage to support!Claim to NCFC fame - full colour, full front-page picture on the Pink''Un, the day after we beat the binners on a Friday night match in ''96 (I think) of me celebrating a goal - the headline read "That''s How Much It Means!". A silly thing to be proud of, but I''ll never throw my faded copy away!

Job: History Teacher (Part-Time) / International Hockey Coach (Part-Time)

Fan: Used to sit in the Lower Barclay but switched to theSnake-Pit for the last few years I was in Norwich.

Link to Norwich: Grew up in Aylsham so fan since about 1984. Went to UEA for 3 years and worked the year after for Enterprise-Rent-A-Car up near the Airport. Currently live in the South-West so have been in exile since the play-off final. :(

Favourite Player Ever: Darren Eadie (I hired him his van to move his stuff to Leicester, smashing bloke).

Job: Working on plays/musicals in the West End, recording music (new album due out next month [;)]) and studying to be a journalist. Had lots of lovely years at NU (because it seems that you have to) and playing gigs around Norwich.

Place: Born in Norwich and lived between there and a sleepy village between Cromer and North Walsham. ''Played'' on a Sunday for Trunch and Felthorpe in the past. After chasing the dream of music lights and following my lovely Norwich-born girlfriend(at Uni) to London we now reside in Camden and regularly pass Graham Coxon on our road. Hurrah!

Fan: Dad first took me to a game in 1989. Grandad has been a season ticket holder since god knows when. I used to go regularly with my best mate, who happened to be the son of City''s assistant manager at the time, then had a season ticket in the Lower Barclay for 10 years until the team decided to win something in the only May I missed (was in Delhi when we beat Sunderland). I go when I can now, and obviously follow what''s going on, readying myself for a return...

Job : Technology manager for a small marketing / call-centre company in the automotive sector.  Not quite as dull as it sounds..

Place : Working in Norwich, living in Dereham.

Fan : Irregular / Irrational supporter.  Used to be a regular, and an away supporter though.  Then I got older, and commitments and circumstances prevented full-time support.

Reason : Started going to Carrow Road aged 8.  Liverpool 5 - Norwich 3 was my first game.  Kids for a quid, adults for a fiver to watch top league football.  Those were the days.

Job: synthetic organic chemist / health and safety manager and general dogsbody.

Place: Loughborough

Fan: off and on fan whilst spending my youth in Norwich (I confess that West Ham were my team back then, but i grew up!), once I left Norwich I realised that I was a proper fan and began to feel pain when they lost. I try to watch a few away games and maybe the odd home one if i can get tickets.

Reason: No logical reason!

Fact: pet hates include Cling film, crying babies, banging doors, hairy women and spouts. Likes, guinea pigs, music, sport, beer, whisky, art and womens bums to mention a few.

Age: 21Education: Student at UEA studing BSc Computer ScienceJob: Independant Web DeveloperFan: Season Ticket, BarcleyLink: Family originates from Norwich

Age....53 but with the body and facial skin tone of a 20 year old.

Job....Relationship Counsellor.

Fan....Season ticket holder with option to enjoy Corporate facilities....so I''m rather superior to most of you.

Link....Born Norwich of noble Norfolk parentage. Natural inbuilt knowledge of the game and on the whole a better judge of most things than anyone else. A realist and generally unconcerned by well meaning detractors. I have numerous properties throughout UK and abroad....but with domestic staff on hand when resident in Norfolk, I consider this "home".......

Location: South London - work west london (born in norwich and lived there for 10years)

Job: Camera Operator on BID TV (One of them shopping channels)

Fan: Since i was asked if i wanted to go to a game by my uncle and have never looked back since. No longer a season ticket holder

Interesting fact: My first game was 4-4 v Huddersfield then the next two games i went to we won 5-0! 14 norwich goals in three games. I throught, "this is brilliant" little did i know?! 

Job: software development / graphic design / accounts

Fan: Season Ticket Lower Barclay - but spend lots of games in the Jarrold as slowly converting a cardiff fan to city!

Reason: no idea, born in Winchester, never really a footy fan  - but they were my favorite team in the old panaini sticker albums - properly started liking football and supporting norwich by teletext when about 13/14.  Went to UEA to watch City play and stayed in norwich ever since!

mbncfc, who''s your band or are you solo? I am also a musician, currently travelling frantically between the midlands and London to do gigs with the band I''m in, and recording an album due out in March. Perhaps we''ve been at the same gig?!

Worked in Camden for two years, and you''re right - that bloody Graham Coxon seems to be everywhere ...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Job: software development / graphic design / accounts

Fan: Season Ticket Lower Barclay - but spend lots of games in the Jarrold as slowly converting a cardiff fan to city!

Reason: no idea, born in Winchester, never really a footy fan  - but they were my favorite team in the old panaini sticker albums - properly started liking football and supporting norwich by teletext when about 13/14.  Went to UEA to watch City play and stayed in norwich ever since!

[/quote]

I too am from Winchester, apparently the most desireable place to live in England - not convinced mind.

Job: Pinkun.com "hero" and also work on other sites associated with Archant.

Place: 10 minutes walk from Fortress Carrow Road.

Fan: First started going in the very early 1990s. Season ticket holder since 2001 on my return from uni in Bristol.

Reason: Norwich boy born and bred, it''s that simple.

Interesting Fact: I knew Saint Canary when he had long hair and met City Angel on the pitch at Crewe when I was dressed as Iwan.

[quote user="Mook"]

mbncfc, who''s your band or are you solo? I am also a musician, currently travelling frantically between the midlands and London to do gigs with the band I''m in, and recording an album due out in March. Perhaps we''ve been at the same gig?!

Worked in Camden for two years, and you''re right - that bloody Graham Coxon seems to be everywhere ...

[/quote]

I think GC is the unofficial King of Camden - I have no qualms with that [:D]

I was in a band a while back, but have been doing solo stuff since 2001/2...

(shamefule plug: http://www.onthemoon.co.uk)

What''s your band Mook?? It is certainly a possibility... have you played in Norwich too? What did you do in Camden? (sorry for the 20 questions - just curious (the hack coming out in me))

Job: Wizard of the 1st Order

Place: Beyond the Misty Mountains.

Fan: First game in 1957, still not cured!.

Reason: Bored one day so friend took me to Carrow Road (Could have been Portman Road if another friend had taken me!!!) and never looked back (or forward!) since.

Age: 30Job: Work for a tour operator in TenerifeLink to Norwich: Family and friends live there.Fan: First 3 games I went to were 0-0 draws and almost put me off football altogether! In my fourth match someone scored after about 20 seconds (It was either Trevor Putney or Ian Butterworth) and I swear i was the first one off my seat! Hooked ever since...