Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

What are your circumstances??

I''m sure this has been done before but I was interested to know what posters do on a day to day basis - i.e. school, student, job etc, age, whether you have a season ticket/membership/neither and link to Norwich for those living out side our fine city. I''ll start off:

Job: Work for Nationwide Building Society in Social Housing Finance.

Fan: Member on the Hat Trick Plan

Link to Norwich: Born in Norwich and lived in Acle. Have family in Stoke Holy Cross and consider Norwich as home despite having lived in Northampton for 17 years!

job: raf engineer at marham

fan: season ticket holder 35 years!!

reason: born in kings lynn

interesting fact: qualified as a referee yesterday!!!

Job: Student at Edinburgh University. So no job....

Live: Berkshire

Fan: Member since I can remember

Reason: Parents both from Norfolk

Job: Compulsive liar. Chancer. Mentalist. Intellect. Cynic. Idler. Gigglero ( if I can''t satisfy the Laydeees...I make ''em larf ).  

Live: Norwhich Normfolk Hinglund.

Fan: See sun Take it Whole Derrrrr! and Pie an'' Guinness consuming Champion.

Reason: My TV''s on the blink and have a lot of free time on my hands and an excuse to drink loads and eat several pies before, during and after the game. It also gives me something to moan about.

job: Managing Director of www.buyourlocks.com. I also work in Business Development for a Web and Media company Real Projects so if you need a site............

Other: Married for 8 years with a 15 year old daughter and a new baby son who is 6 months old

fan: season ticket holder 15 years and regular ''casual'' fan since I was about 13 and used to go home and away religiously but no longer the away games due to commitments etc 

reason: born in Norwich and that was it for me, did used to go and see West Ham back in the day with mates but have always been Norwich

interesting fact: I am bald and tall (hence the tag)

age - 25

Job - Customer Services

Live - Norridge.. to ryhme with Porrdige

Fan since 1991-92 (season ticket since 92-93)

Reason: becausse someone has too!

jas :)

Age - life is just beginning, apparently [^]

Job - Preventing insurance fraud [:$]

Live - Hellesdon, not the hospital, yet anyway [:S]

Fan since - first game ''75 ish, standing in the river end on a milk crate [B]

Reason - obsessive grandfather;  he has passed on several traits  [^o)]

My legacy - one daughter equally passionate about the boys in yellow.. [*]

Age - 32Job - Installation Technician (British Army)Based - Blandford Dorset (near bournemouth)Fan Since - Season Ticket holder most seasons since 1980ish (except postings abroad)Reason - I am originally from Downham MarketExtras - Follow England and did all 5 weeks at the World cup, Met Mrs Becham in Baden Baden and got our picture in OK Magazine etc...When I was posted in Cyprus years ago, I met Darren Huckerby on Nissi Beach. He was a Coventry player at the time. My mate was a huge Coventry fan and we ended up going drinking and clubbing with him for 3 nights! When I bumped into him on Norwich his reply was "I thought you would of been dead by now" We drunk a lot in those days!

age 51 going on 18

Accountant!

norwich

season ticket holder since 1978

errm, i am norfolk born and bred and grew out of "supporting " Man Utd  in 1971.

Nissi Beach/ Ayai Nappa = the best place in the world........roll on my August holiday at Nissi Park.

[quote] user="Snakepit boys"]Age - 32

When I was posted in Cyprus years ago, I met Darren Huckerby on Nissi Beach. He was a Coventry player at the time. My mate was a huge Coventry fan and we ended up going drinking and clubbing with him for 3 nights! When I bumped into him on Norwich his reply was "I thought you would of been dead by now" We drunk a lot in those days!
[/quote]

I''m jealous [:$]

Job: Structures examiner (Railway)

Live: Norwich

Fan: First game when i was 5ish (back when it was fun)

Reason: Grandad was a huge fan and always got me a season ticket.

Odd Fact: I used to wish i was the old sweets chocolates hot drinks fella, he was quality and always got my order wrong but it just didn''t matter !

Job: Coypu Control Officer

Born in Norwich but now live a bit too close for my liking to the border with you know where.

Sort of interesting fact - Witnessed at first hand what was then the fastest goal in the World Cup finals (B Robson England v France, Bilbao 1982).

Been a season ticket holder for a long long time. First Norwich game was circa 1976, although my first trip to Carrow Road was to see England B versus Rep of Ireland B.

Name: Callum

Job: School...chore.

Fan: Ermmm first live game i saw, live in Dereham

Season ticket etc: Nope, not any more, this season just going to 10 home games +

Name: Alex      

Job: college, although work part time at sainsbury''s

Fan: member but only go to away games that are near yorkshire

Live: York

Reason: Dad supposrts them and I used to like going to watch them as a kid so was an easy choce really.

Age 47 going on 8.

Job: Chicken sexer for a well known poultry company.

Fan: I have been a City fan for longer than I can remember (I can''t remember what I did last week so it must be longer than that because I still have the programmes).

Link: Born and bred in the county with parents from different villages.

Interesting fact: I can touch my eyebrows with my tongue.

Job: A very Drunk Business Analyist in the automotive industry.

Born in Norwich but now live south of London

Sort of interesting fact - Loads.....My Nan was Rohl Dhals secretary, my great uncle was an engineer on the Titanic (look it up, engineer no 7. Harvey), my grandad built the first ever combine harvester. My other great uncle player footy for burnley. My dad was on Jackanory.

No season ticket but would love to have one. Want to move back home but need to find the right job first. Must include good job for the wife and school/nursery for the little''un.

Age      32

Job      School Teacher

Live     Slough

Link    Lived in Norwich area 13 years. Parents and brother all in Dereham. Have supported since I was 10

convert to Islam and work in Islamic School (Yusuf Islam''s sch in London) Everyone thinks I am mad to support Norwich, which just makes me support them even more!

Job: Software company.

Fan: About five to ten away games a year and no homes of late alas, since our season ticket base hit record levels.

Link to Norwich: Born in Norwich. Lived in Edinburgh, London and now Crewe. Where did it all go wrong!

Age - two score years and 13 (sounds better)

Job - been in computer software development all my life

Live - Born in Acle - fairly obvious where I am now!

Reason - my Dad had 2 girls - I think he really needed a son but I was the substitute

Fan since - 1965 standing in the Barclay. As a teenager I couldn''t afford a ticket but could afford the train occassionally so I would travel up to Norwich & get in for free at half-time when they opened the gates at the corner of the Barclay & City stands.

[Does anyone remember the cup game against Chelsea (I think), replayed as the first match had to be abandoned due to fog (for the first half, Kevin Keelan was the only player I could see) - The queue to get in the replayed game was huge as they had to check everyone''s vouchers from the first game, that the match started before many people were in the ground. The gates at the Barclay end caved in under the pressure and I was one of the teenagers lifted off their feet and carried in. It was quite scary and my sister never attended another match after that!]

My legacy - took my daughter when she was twelve (and although it was away to Southend, she was hooked)

We are 3 season ticket holders (despite my daughter being at University in Reading at present - we all meet in Norwich when she can!)

Age;   now 43,  went to my first game in 1970 with my Grandad as a 7 year old Man U fan, supported Norwich ever since even though I have never lived in Norfolk.

Job;   I am a Sales Manager living in Northampton and both my kids run round in Canary tops, they were brain washed at an early age!

Fan;   Share a season ticket with my Dad as I gave mine up last year when the board refused to sack Worthy.

My claim to fame is being on the front page of the EDP as part of the Worthy out brigade.

Age 38

Born in London

Move to Naaaaarfolk as a nipper

Went to Acle high school

In Arny for 9 years from 1985-1994

Married & divorced

Now live in sin with 2 daughters

Now run a small garage

Born : Lowestoft

Fan :Member

Link to Norwich : Supported Norwich since my day took me 35 years ago standing on a milk create at the River End!!!

Lived in Northampton for the last 14 years so goto more away games than home games.

Biggest Wish : That this club would sort it self out and quickly!

Job:  Investment Property Manager based in London.

Fan:  Season Ticket Holder since I could afford it.

Link to Norwich:  Born and lived there for 21 years, now live in Southampton.

Age: 23Job: PhD student in Mathematics (hopefully a doctor in about 3 yrs)Location: Manchester (Moss Side)Fan: Plastic - Internet, some North-West away games, TVReason: Although born in bristol and having lived near Palarse, my home is Lowestoft (9 yrs) and Gorleston (8 yrs). Started supporting Norwich when repeatedly asked the question "who do you support?" at uni for the first time (4.5 years) , started following the results and got hooked. Am not from a family at all interested in football, unlikely as it may seem (that there are any).Interesting Fact: Have lived in Moss Side for 5 months without being shot or stabbed!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Age      32

Job      School Teacher

Live     Slough

Link    Lived in Norwich area 13 years. Parents and brother all in Dereham. Have supported since I was 10

convert to Islam and work in Islamic School (Yusuf Islam''s sch in London) Everyone thinks I am mad to support Norwich, which just makes me support them even more!

[/quote]

do u mean Yusuf Islam as in Cat Stevens?

jas :)

Age - 28 (today)

Born - Newcastle 1979, lived in Northumberland all my life.

Job - Haven''t worked this year, previously a trainer, currently job hunting and selling on ebay.

Fan - Since 1985, but annoyingly, for the life of me can''t remember the league cup victory in 1985. 

First game I saw was at St. James Park in the 1986-1987 (01-04-1987) season. I remember Norwich started very promisingly scored first, but contrived to lose to Newcastle 4-1. Notable for - 5 minutes into the game, an oldish woman, Newcastle fan shouting come on Peter (Beardsley), there is still time - it was only 5 minutes into the game??? 

The second game I saw was the equivalent fixture the following season on 13-02-1988 where Norwich came away from St. James with an excellent 1-3 victory against Newcastle, notable for sitting in an awful temporary stand behind the goal with the Newcastle fans.

Low Point was travelling down to lowly Middlesboro (Ayresome Park), with my dad and some of the lads from the school he taught at on 30-10-1990, to watch Norwich (who were favourites to win) put in an awful performance in the league cup on 30-10-1990, Norwich lost 2-0.  I believe ex-canary Trevor Putney was playing for Boro that day.  I then did not go down to the Sunderland game a couple of months later on 15-12-1990, despite constant pressure from my dad to go with him.  Being young, I did not want to travel for about an hour to see another away defeat to a north east team.  Typically Norwich won the game 2-1, played excellently, and should have won by far more.

Low Point - Going to St. James on 08-04-1995 to see Norwich lose to Newcastle 3-0 in the season we were relegated from the Premiership.

High-point - Being at The Stadium-of-Light on 04-05-2004 to see Norwich clinch promotion back to the Premier league.  Sitting with the Sunderland fans, but then sneaking with my dad to join the Norwich fans and the celebrations of being back in the Premier league.  That game was excellent, despite losing 1-0, Norwich played well, and the banter between the Sunderland and Norwich fans was tremendous.

Visits to Carrow Road -

First game - The opening day of the 1990-91 season, Norwich beat Sunderland 3-2, I recall we led 2-0 at half-time only for Sunderland and an excellent Marco Gabiadini to come back to 2-2, relief was had when we scored the winner.

05-02-1994, against Liverpool at Carrow Road.  A good performance from Norwich unlucky to only come away with a 2-2 draw against Liverpool, we should have had at least 1 penalty.  Notable for an excellent curling goal from Sutton from the edge of the area, a sending off for Bryan Gunn, and a good game for his replacement Scott Howie.  Sat in the Barclay end and the atmosphere was excellent.

Link to Norwich - none really.  My dad lived down that area, and started going to Norwich matches with his brother in the late 50''s.  It was passed down to me and has all spiralled from there recently.

Many other games and memories but don''t want to bore you with them all.[:)]