Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

SMITH - What the hell is going on?

New manager comes in to a struggling side & inherits a very thin squad of players. A fair number of these players don''t want to be here & around half of the squad are out of contract in the summer. With less than half of the transfer window remaining, the club releases 5 players out on loan deals. We have the most prolific goal scorer in the division (148 goals in 229 league/cup starts, in his career to date) out injured until the end of the season. Quite clearly, (unless we sign 5 or 6 players over the next few days) we might as well accept that a lack of ambition & ''could''nt care less'' attitude has become prevelant within the club and that we should all start planning for life in league one.

Oh no! - what am I doing?. By inferring criticism of Smith and her board I will be upsetting her worshipers.

Heads out of sand & take stock of what is happening to our (once great) FOOTBALL CLUB.

Who else is more than a little concerned?

[quote user="FramCanary"]

New manager comes in to a struggling side & inherits a very thin squad of players. A fair number of these players don''t want to be here & around half of the squad are out of contract in the summer. With less than half of the transfer window remaining, the club releases 5 players out on loan deals. We have the most prolific goal scorer in the division (148 goals in 229 league/cup starts, in his career to date) out injured until the end of the season. Quite clearly, (unless we sign 5 or 6 players over the next few days) we might as well accept that a lack of ambition & ''could''nt care less'' attitude has become prevelant within the club and that we should all start planning for life in league one.

Oh no! - what am I doing?. By inferring criticism of Smith and her board I will be upsetting her worshipers.

Heads out of sand & take stock of what is happening to our (once great) FOOTBALL CLUB.

[/quote]Er, I think you already posted that. Or did you feel it was so important it deserved its own thread?

[/quote]

Post this again next Thursday and you may have some converts. Until then most people will wait and see.

[/quote]

Like all supporters I want to see this club move forward, not tread water or even regress. I just wondered what makes a club great? We have never won the top division in England, never won the FA Cup, never won a European trophy. Yes we had several seasons in the top flight of English football and qualified for Europe, played in 4 League Cup Finals. But putting it in perspective most of our history has been outside of the top flight.

I can''t believe there will be no more new faces by the end of Jan....despite my acknowleged distrust of this Board. Surely the players going out on loan etc. must be an indication of something else going on?

I''m concerned....but not unduly surprised Fram.....but it''s wait and see time really.

According to Radio Norfolk Grant has accepted that he''ll have no new faces in before the weekend.

So that leaves 3 days next week then.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

I can''t believe there will be no more new faces by the end of Jan....despite my acknowleged distrust of this Board. Surely the players going out on loan etc. must be an indication of something else going on?

I''m concerned....but not unduly surprised Fram.....but it''s wait and see time really.

[/quote]

To the rest of you doubters ( are you listening Wizard ), even Cluck is having to back off a pace from his normal spin because, AS A SELF-PROCLAIMED  REALIST, he realises that something must be happening. Clearly change was required to correct the player malaise and change is what we will get. It''s easy for Board critics to take potshots when nobody is shooting back. When actions are underway, however, those armchair critics of the Board are going to require re-tooling. I wonder what the tools will come up with next? Incidentally, change was underway when Worthington was sent on his way. Late, I agree, but better late than never.

Don''t worry everyone. Peter ''novice on an outrageously long contract'' Grant is to bring 4 or 5 players into the club this week. He is thought to have reserved the right to recall players out on loan - so what are we worrying about?.

In addition, Smith is also willing to repeat her offer of loaning up to 50k to assist in the purchase of one further player (remember the Robinson debacle/embarrassment!).

We are a joke.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

To the rest of you doubters ( are you listening Wizard ), even Cluck is having to back off a pace from his normal spin because, AS A SELF-PROCLAIMED  REALIST, he realises that something must be happening. Clearly change was required to correct the player malaise and change is what we will get. It''s easy for Board critics to take potshots when nobody is shooting back. When actions are underway, however, those armchair critics of the Board are going to require re-tooling. I wonder what the tools will come up with next? Incidentally, change was underway when Worthington was sent on his way. Late, I agree, but better late than never.

[/quote]

We all know that NW wanted several more players last season - he made that clear several times in the press & on radio. Doomcaster made it clear to the fans in late December 2005 that the manager had put proposals forward to bring in around 4 or 5 players in the January window and that the Board ''would deliver''. Sounds very familiar does''nt it?. Natuarally, we have suffered due to this failure to maintain a squad of adequate size & ability.

''Prudence'' - debatable, ''Ambition'' - NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

As an ITFC fan said to me the other day - If they could have Earnie for the second half of the season they would easily finish in the top 6, and if we are without him we will go down. I think this sums it up!.

Earnie scores half of our goals, & you then can''t see much beyond Huckerby/Dublin. We clearly needed to acquire the services of at least 4 or 5 players & preferably ones who have a goal-scoring ability to stop the slide and steer us away from an all too apparant relegation threat. 

When was the last time we had goal-scoring midfield player?, someone like Tommy Miller (34 goals in 109 league & cup games for our neighbours) for example. Our defence is weak (facts don''t lie) & indeed Earnie is out for the remainder of the season.

We are clearly faced with a crisis, and yet our board seem so arrogant/dis-interested. No open communication with the thousands of very concerned supporters.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?.

HAS SMITH DECIDED NOT TO COMMUNICATE WITH US ANY MORE?.

We need reassurance (& news of 4 or 5 signings!) NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We all know that NW wanted several more players last season - he made that clear several times in the press & on radio. Doomcaster made it clear to the fans in late December 2005 that the manager had put proposals forward to bring in around 4 or 5 players in the January window and that the Board ''would deliver''. Sounds very familiar does''nt it?. Natuarally, we have suffered due to this failure to maintain a squad of adequate size & ability.

''Prudence'' - debatable, ''Ambition'' - NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

As an ITFC fan said to me the other day - If they could have Earnie for the second half of the season they would easily finish in the top 6, and if we are without him we will go down. I think this sums it up!.

Earnie scores half of our goals, & you then can''t see much beyond Huckerby/Dublin. We clearly needed to acquire the services of at least 4 or 5 players & preferably ones who have a goal-scoring ability to stop the slide and steer us away from an all too apparant relegation threat. 

When was the last time we had goal-scoring midfield player?, someone like Tommy Miller (34 goals in 109 league & cup games for our neighbours) for example. Our defence is weak (facts don''t lie) & indeed Earnie is out for the remainder of the season.

We are clearly faced with a crisis, and yet our board seem so arrogant/dis-interested. No open communication with the thousands of very concerned supporters.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?.

HAS SMITH DECIDED NOT TO COMMUNICATE WITH US ANY MORE?.

We need reassurance (& news of 4 or 5 signings!) NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

WOULD SOMEONE AT THE CLUB PLEASE TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON - Please Please Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fram - if you want answers email Neil Doncaster at the club. 

I think you want attention instead.  Unfortunately, large fonts, red text, and multiple exclamation marks are all signs of madness, so I''m probably the only person who''ll give you any.

jas the barclay king wrote: "expect a flurry of Transfer Activity"

Delias words...

Isn''t 3 players in, and 5 (or may be 7) players out (loans) a flurry?

[quote user="djcat"]jas the barclay king wrote: "expect a flurry of Transfer Activity"

Delias words...

[/quote]

no.. one was agreed before the window... 1 is a loan so can be recalled at any time.. the other is permamanent.

so 1 in.. 7 out..

Crap!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="djcat"]jas the barclay king wrote: "expect a flurry of Transfer Activity"

Delias words...

[/quote]

no.. one was agreed before the window... 1 is a loan so can be recalled at any time.. the other is permamanent.

so 1 in.. 7 out..

Crap!

[/quote]

Spot on jas...... only one in as far as I''m concerned.....

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="djcat"]jas the barclay king wrote: "expect a flurry of Transfer Activity"

Delias words...

[/quote]

so 1 in.. 7 out..

Crap!

[/quote]

Spot on jas...... only one in as far as I''m concerned.....

[/quote]Spot on apart from one minor detail. If loans don''t count for players coming in, surely they don''t count for players going out? And how many of those five players out were loans? Er, all five. So it''s one in and none out, then. Wait until the end of the window before you get upset.Don''t get me wrong, if we don''t bring in any more players by the end of the window I''ll be completely livid, but I''m reserving judgment until then.

Grant wants 3 or 4 more players before end of transfer deadline day.

Time is not so slowing slipping away. Perhaps he will be recalling our loan players? That would be, by my calculations, 5 more players that we had over the weekend. ho ho.

Still no communication from the board - presumably all in hiding & hoping that all the problems will go away!.

Looks like they may allow Peter ''novice'' Grant to offer a 2 year contract to a former footballer keeping fit thanks to Rangers. As stated on an un-official Celtic site - a promising youngster who only made 2 first team appearances ''due to his ego being far greater than his talent''. We also appear to have stretched our resources to offer 50k for a 24 year old midfielder at St. Mirren, who has a record of scoring 1 goal in every 15 Scottish league matches!.

Oh well - never mind! - in a month''s time we can recall the loaned out players. That could make a massive difference!, but was clearly necessary to raise the 50k on offer for Lappin.

WHAT A MESS.

FramCanary.

Still no communication from the board - presumably all in hiding & hoping that all the problems will go away!.

Looks like they may allow Peter ''novice'' Grant to offer a 2 year contract to a former footballer keeping fit thanks to Rangers. As stated on an un-official Celtic site - a promising youngster who only made 2 first team appearances ''due to his ego being far greater than his talent''. We also appear to have stretched our resources to offer 50k for a 24 year old midfielder at St. Mirren, who has a record of scoring 1 goal in every 15 Scottish league matches!.

Oh well - never mind! - in a month''s time we can recall the loaned out players. That could make a massive difference!, but was clearly necessary to raise the 50k on offer for Lappin.

WHAT A MESS.

FramCanary.If the lads we have loaned out want to come back that is debatable they know a sinking ship when they see one.[/quote]

WHAT A MESS.

FramCanary.

[/quote]I agree, I think that anyone Peter Grant signs should be doomed to failure from the start. I think the fans owe it to themselves to make sure that anyone we sign in the transfer window is shunned, ostracised and booed until they realise how bad they truly are, thus helping us to achieve our overall goal of relegation to League One. Hopefully this will encourage more players to join the club!Eh?Oh.

[quote]I think the fans owe it to themselves to make sure that anyone we sign

in the transfer window is shunned, ostracised and booed until they

realise how bad they truly are, thus helping us to achieve our overall

goal of relegation to League One. Hopefully this will encourage more

players to join the club![/quote]Congratulations Coelho, you are now a "true fan". [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]I think the fans owe it to themselves to make sure that anyone we sign

in the transfer window is shunned, ostracised and booed until they

realise how bad they truly are, thus helping us to achieve our overall

goal of relegation to League One. Hopefully this will encourage more

players to join the club![/quote]Congratulations Coelho, you are now a "true fan". [:)][/quote]Well I wouldn''t want to be a "Delia worshipper" now, would I? Not after the millions of pounds that this board have embezzled from club funds in order to maliciously and deliberately send us to footballing ruin...NOTE TO LAWYERS: Yes, that was sarcasm.

Many thanks Smith, for bringing the club to it''s knees - both on & off the pitch.

It is obvious that Grant had to get 5 or 6 players out of the squad before the board would sanction the aquisition of 2 new midfielders. One of these will only be match fit towards the end of the season having not played competitive football for a lengthy period, and the other - well who knows!. Why on earth would the club allow Fleming to leave when we clearly need him (or an adequate replacement).

Please have the decency to communicate with us & confirm why we are on the brink of financial collapse. As all shareholders are aware, the club received an emergency loan during the last accounting period from the PFA which was thereafter fully repaid. The loan would have been for the purpose of covering our players wages commitment for a month or two, due to our inability to pay. They then instruct Grant to generate the 75k for Lappin by off-loading players on loan/permanent deals. As Wizard has indicated - We are all but broke.

I (& most supporters with an ounce of sense) are seething with anger at what you have done to Norwich City Football Club. I hope for your sake that Grant & the small number of players remaining manage to keep the club in the Championship.

Do us all a favour & P**s off!

Are the Smith worship brigade still happy? - surely it is plain for all to see, Smith and her joke of a Board must go.