Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Reports on Fisk from Lynn

There are a number of posts on the Kings Lynn sites about how Fisky is playing:

Please somebody tell me what Fisk was doing on the pitch yesterday because it certainly wasn''t passing to his own players, making telling tackles, putting through good balls or even having a go at taking on players in fact to some him up - a passenger. If he is the standard of player that Mr Webb thinks we need to get results in this league then we are in big trouble.

Fisk on the other hand I was quite surprised when he was offered a pro contract. It seems that now Norwich have realised their mistake and have loaned him to us.

...and let''s face it we are stuck with paying for Fisk for the rest of the season??

Fisk was out of his depth again against a very poor Corby side

Hmmm.  One to offload me thinks

[quote]Hopefully it was just an off day![/quote]

That won''t help poor Fisk now, Foghorns got his scent, the poor lad will die a death of a million copy and pastes.

He has however produced man of the match displays for our reserves. Like all message boards everyone is entitled to air their opinions and we can see on this board that they do not necessarily reflect the views of the majority!

i hope your wrong as i went to school with Andrew and he was a great guy, who i got on pretty well with, he always seemed a decent player to me and i''m willing to put money on that being one bad game.

he not got a pro-contract just a trainee contract that allows him to play in the reserves! I belive that he been used as a named sub!

It''s no real surprise... our academy products are fairly poor. The only one at the moment who looks like having a chance of making it is Joe Lewis. The club make a lot of the players out to be something they''re not. Some people don''t appreciate the massive leap in quality between being a decent youth player and maybe playing for one of the mickey mouse international ranks (eg U19 or U20 as opposed to U21) and being a fully professional senior footballer.

[quote user="GJP"]It''s no real surprise... our academy products are fairly poor. The only one at the moment who looks like having a chance of making it is Joe Lewis. The club make a lot of the players out to be something they''re not. Some people don''t appreciate the massive leap in quality between being a decent youth player and maybe playing for one of the mickey mouse international ranks (eg U19 or U20 as opposed to U21) and being a fully professional senior footballer.[/quote]

Must agree with you here, I think the mickey mouse interenational scene is emphasised with Rossi Jarvis being called up for the England U19s when he has hardly played this season, it appears that once you are in the "loop" you do not have to do anything playing wise to stay in it.  I think he will be better off at Torquay learning his trade

gone are the days of producing youngsters like sutton, bellamy, eadie etc what ever went wrong we used to be famous for our youth scheme now we just buy other peoples rubbish!!!

It does seem that we have a number of young international players who even struggle to get a regular game in the Youth/Reserve teams. How Rossi can be picked when he does not play is very strange.Is the irish set up like the old days where if you have a qualification you play.?. Has anyone seen all our young international players in action--maybe they could give an opinion !

I think it''s fairly indicative of the attitude on here that this thread has so far got 800 site views and 11 replies, while my thread, about a Norwich City Academy player scoring the winning goal against Italy (Under 17), got 201 views and no replies.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/857651/ShowPost.aspx

Cheer up you miserable sods, it''s not all doom and gloom.

[quote user="blacko"]He has just scored for Kyngs Lynn! Well done Andrew[/quote] Yep heard that too. Well done indeed. I was surprised at the criticism he has received - he''s had great reports from his performances for the reserves this season! At least he''s getting games - can only be a positive!

[quote user="blacko"]He has just scored for Kyngs Lynn! Well done Andrew[/quote]

Cue change of direction for this thread.. Fisk could end up this seasons Danny Crow even though it''s only a loan!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="blacko"]He has just scored for Kyngs Lynn! Well done Andrew[/quote] Yep heard that too. Well done indeed. I was surprised at the criticism he has received - he''s had great reports from his performances for the reserves this season! At least he''s getting games - can only be a positive![/quote]

Quite right and they all need to play regularly

The reasons are obvious to me; in the last thirty years and more, the education system our way of life and general standards have been rapidly declining in every department.  The namby pamby way of life and lack of discipline.  The men/boys that we employ are the product of such a system, it has to be expected that we will not produce much of worth from such poor stock.  Work and effort is a rude word among many of the young today, and will remain an attribute in fewer and fewer of those who emerge into the job market. To succeed in such a poor climate IMHO it is absolutely imperitive that when going into the youth market, the background and character of applicants must form the biggest and most important factor when selecting a young athlete for a future in sport.  I believe that applicants must be ready to endure the training rigours of Marines and the SAS along with the parachute regiment in that order over a twelve week period,  and having completed that, in order to gain entrance to the football apprentice scheme: they will come to football academies with their heads held high and full of confidence when faced with derogatory remarks from their so called professional piers.  They will be proud and able to say at least that they earned their shot at what can be a very lucrative form of employment.  There are some on these boards who will not be best pleased with my thoughts about the young and the education system.  You will know though that my assessment is based on hands on painful research.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

good stuff Fisky!!  Apparantly he is not the biggest so perhaps it will take a bit of time to come to terms with non-league football!

here is a link to the Kings Lynn forum:

http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/forum/list.php?2,page=1

[/quote]

Hilarious backtracking on a ''I''ll post a negative thread for the sake of it''. And Blackpool have just equalised.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

good stuff Fisky!!  Apparantly he is not the biggest so perhaps it will take a bit of time to come to terms with non-league football!

[/quote]

Hilarious backtracking on a ''I''ll post a negative thread for the sake of it''. And Blackpool have just equalised.

[/quote]

Initially I was only passing on reports from the Lynn message board. And as I have always said I am open minded enough to change my opinion.  And not so closed minded like some that dismiss all evidence to the contrary.

Cavey Brown has just scored!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Initially I was only passing on reports from the Lynn message board. And as I have always said I am open minded enough to change my opinion.  And not so closed minded like some that dismiss all evidence to the contrary.

[/quote]

Thats handy, seeing that you have to change your opinion so often.

He has scored again this week too. Considering he plays in midfield, it seems to be getting a bit regular and he sounds as if he is benefiting from having regular games.

its great to see all our youngsters getting games. Again it puts to shame the previous managers appalling attude towards youth and shows hopefully that Grant can be a good manager for us.  I just hope it isnt too late for the likes of jarvis and hendo whom have not developed at all, whilst not being played or out of position on the rare occasion of being picked.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats handy, seeing that you have to change your opinion so often.

[/quote]Very convenient. Foghorn is excellent at expressing the opinion of other message board users, throwing insults around, and generally changing his views to suit the torrent of popular opinion. A career in politics beckons I think...As for Fisk, let''s hope he keeps sticking them away and putting in decent performances for Lynn to build his confidence up. It would be good if a few more academy/youth players can start pushing through to the first team squad.