Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

chris lucketti anyone?

make no mistake, the manner of our second half capitulation of sat has more in common with relegation than promotion.  with lucketti of sheffield utd out of favour - shouldn''t we get this experienced head in to organise our defence - if not put dublin there - hayles dominated shacks first half and then the doc second half?gallagher, like andy marshall before him, will get us relegated - he needs to go. brown will not score like earnie - his reactions were too slow on saturday to convert chances from nothing, its like his brain knew what it wanted, but his limbs lagged behind.  in time he could be a good supporting partner, like rosario, but its unfair on him to put our future in his hands. if the welsh wizard is out, then we need to get a proven goalscorer in asap.

I can count the amount of time Hayles bettered anyone in that game on one hand. He didnt even better anyone for his goal which is the most disappointing part of it.

Capitulation is not the right word to describe it - it was not untill we were 3-1 down that the heads began to drop and in all fairness the two goals from free kicks were against the run of play.

And to suggest that Browns thought process was slow is not only harsh its a touch untrue. We wont see the best from him untill he has had more than 24 hours with the squad and possibly a couple of games behind him. To judge him on 25ish mins in which he displayed a lot of good attributes such as pace and strength is not entirely fair old bean.

[quote user="chicken"]

I can count the amount of time Hayles bettered anyone in that game on one hand. He didnt even better anyone for his goal which is the most disappointing part of it.

Capitulation is not the right word to describe it - it was not untill we were 3-1 down that the heads began to drop and in all fairness the two goals from free kicks were against the run of play.

And to suggest that Browns thought process was slow is not only harsh its a touch untrue. We wont see the best from him untill he has had more than 24 hours with the squad and possibly a couple of games behind him. To judge him on 25ish mins in which he displayed a lot of good attributes such as pace and strength is not entirely fair old bean.

[/quote]from my vantage point on the lower barclay, hayles outpaced, fought and got ahead of the doc numerous occasions second half - the first goal came from a corner that should never have been conceded in the first place, the punt upfront was the docs ball, but hayles outmuscled him and looked like he wanted it more.  a friend in the jarrold said hayles had done the same to shacks first half.  agreed, plymouth looked like a team without a win in 7 and without an away win since october - we didn''t look special, but in control until 2 pieces of individual skill and failure at free kicks decided the match - theirs from a hungarian intl and our from a scottish intl! the capitulation comment refers to the alarming display after they scored, which is fair comment imo.my view of brown was when the chances came (albeit slim 1/2 chances) , he lacked the instinctive reactions necessary to convert them.  sure, i''ve not seen him one on one, or given free heading and shooting chances, and he may have greater strengths there.  naturally, he''s raw and could be a big talent - hence my rosario comparisons, but he will need time to develop.  asking him to fill earnies boots in terms of scoring goals is unfair and way too much of a burden to ask him to carry - therefore i stand by my assertion that the board brings in another striker to safeguard our champ status &/or push for promotion (depending on your point of view) -  asking dion to play week in week out for 90 mins on heavy winter rainsodden pitches is not the answer, i''d prefer to see him in defence now that brown has arrived.