Sign in to follow this  
South Norfolk Old Boy

Plea to the "players" - use your feet for football.

If our players could use their feet as accurately and consistently as they manage to put them in their mouths we’d be running away with this league. Am I alone in being heartily depressed and embarrassed as player after player is wheeled out on a Thursday or Friday to provide the media with some comments for publication designed to sell newspapers and gee us all up for Saturday afternoon?

Pathetic!

Why was Donkerty allowed to set himself up as an even bigger Aunt Sally than he already is? What’s happened to the Carrow Road spinning machine that used to be Andrew Cullen? My guess is that he’s putting together some convincing messages about season ticket sales for the coming weeks and months. Surely someone at Carrow Road should tell this lot of underachievers that Saturday mornings newspapers are still laying around after the game ends and they just end up looking ridiculous. When was the last time a player came out and said “I was a right twonk last week – but this week I’m going to make up for it” – and then it happens? I can’t remember such an occasion.

So, hop back into your cleverly private number-plated gas-guzzling SUVs and toddle off home after that hard couple of hours training and keep your mouths firmly closed until you start to put in some performances to justify your pontifications at the weekend. Maybe you should be asked to take a leaf from the board of director’s book and keep their heads well and truly down.

It''s the same with Drury today. I''m bored of listening to how good it''ll be next time round... I want them to just get on with it.

In my opinion, he should sling a few different players in for a couple of home games and at least try to create some competition...