Sign in to follow this  
Kent

The HOT topic at the moment

I replied to the current thread on Sven, but as there are now so many posts on that thread I thought l''d start a new one. Basically, even Sven would admit he''s not playing well at the moment, but the guy''s giving 110% for the club, so lay off him. I''m sure if you were at a new work place and trying hard at your job, even though things weren''t going 100% right all the time, you''d be given the support to succeed. So why can''t Sven have ALL of our support?(and not just mine, as it seems at the moment!) As we''ve seen with, the likes of, Llewellyn, Roberts(the younger version), Easton, Rivers, Henderson and many others. If we get behind them, they can do the business. However like all of these, bar the Welsh Eusebio, not everyone has, and the confidence has dropped and they''ve drifted away into the shadows and beyond (in Llewellyn''s case- Wrexham!)
So (and I don''t do this very often but...) I''m making a plea to you all on this board, and any influence you have beyond it, to get behind Sven, because if we give him the encouragement, he''ll gain the confidence to impress even the most sceptical of supporter. If you have any doubt, just think about the Iwan of old, he did little to impress at the start of his glorious City career, but he came good. Sven will come good, I have the feeling.
ON THE BALL CITY!!!!

That is a point well made.

Iwan was crucified when he first came to us and now he is deservedly a city legend.

Whatever you think of Sven we must support him - if he has the strength of character to come through - and our support - he may make it. Chants of "Iwan, Iwan" every time Sven touches the ball does no-one any favours.

Knocking people is only counter productive in my book - and anyway - its Worthy''s decision who plays and not ours - and he (Worthy) hasn''t done too bad so far has he?

I agree. I don''t see why people are so quick to criticise players. Personally, I really really want any new player to be an absolute revelation (why wouldn''t you?) and so if a player wasn''t performing at first I''d er the other way with blind optimism rather than premature pessimism.

I personally think that Svensson actually lacks match fitness at the moment, remember he wasn''t getting regular games at Charlton. I think we''ve yet to see the best of him

I agree with Gazza - we haven''t seen the best of Sven yet and probably won''t now until next season.

He is a Swedish international so the potential is certainly there but he has had an operation already this year so cannot be judged until he is 100% fit

Keep up the support!!!!

jb - are you sure you''re not Peter Crouch''s mum, or agent? Your arguments, solid as they may be, are completely pointless - Svensson is NOT Crouch, nor will he ever be. What Svensson is though, is a good solid professional footballer, with wide experience of the English game at both Div 1 and Premiership levels. This is exactly the type of player we need right now - exactly the type of player Iwan was when we signed him, and look how that turned out! Give the guy a break, I have every confidence that Svensson will come good, and be a very importnat part of the future of Norwich City. After all, he may have only score twice, but look how important those goals have been.......

I have to agree with Templeton here, jb - are you Crouch''s mum, agent or stalker? Yes, he is a damn good player, or should I say was a good player on his loan spell at Norwich. To call Svensson rubbish is stupid, whilst maybe not fullfilling his potential yet, i think he has a lot to offer. It takes to time to get to full match fitness, it also takes time to gel within a new team. Also, one thing that all players thrive on is confidence, therefore this moronic chanting for Roberts when Svensson is playing is disgusting and counter productive. Give the guy and chance, he really isn''t that bad. Football fans can be so fickle, it only takes one bad performance until loads of so called fans start calling for Iwan''s head also!

I tell you what...... that Sevensson''s not as good as Henry is he?????!!!!!!