Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Has Grant already lost the dressing room?.

Because I think he has!.

Flipping back through my creaky old memory, I cannot recall a single City manager who slates his own players so much in the media like Grant does.

Today, in the Pink Un pages, Hucks (again) and Croft are the whipping boys, is it any wonder that he can''t get the players to perform?.

I believe that just like Worthy''s last days in charge, the players have now decided that enough is enough, they, like us, have decided that Grant''s days are numbered.......................and it can''t come soon enough for me!.

Agreed?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Because I think he has!.

Flipping back through my creaky old memory, I cannot recall a single City manager who slates his own players so much in the media like Grant does.

Today, in the Pink Un pages, Hucks (again) and Croft are the whipping boys, is it any wonder that he can''t get the players to perform?.

I believe that just like Worthy''s last days in charge, the players have now decided that enough is enough, they, like us, have decided that Grant''s days are numbered.......................and it can''t come soon enough for me!.

Agreed?

[/quote]

Yes, 1st Wiz, after reading the Pink''un headlines a moment ago...I think he has. We''re in BIG trouble.

Because I think he has!.

Agreed?

[/quote]

Wiz - Where do Hucks and Crofty get individually slated? I''m not arguing that they haven''t, but if they have I''ve missed it.

[quote user="Canary02"]

Wiz - Where do Hucks and Crofty get individually slated? I''m not arguing that they haven''t, but if they have I''ve missed it.

[/quote]

Canary O2:

Below is a cut and paste extract from todays Pink Un'' website on Grants thoughts about Earnshaw.

Huckerby had should have rolled the ball across - it was a tap-in for Dion and Crofty should have rolled it across - it was a tap-in for Dion,” he complained. “But they try and be clever, whatever, I don''t know. That is why Earnie is so important, that''s why he has got 17 goals, because he will put the ball in the back of the net without blinking.

If that''s not a public slagging.........................what is?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

Canary O2:

Below is a cut and paste extract from todays Pink Un'' website on Grants thoughts about Earnshaw.

Huckerby had should have rolled the ball across - it was a tap-in for Dion and Crofty should have rolled it across - it was a tap-in for Dion,” he complained. “But they try and be clever, whatever, I don''t know. That is why Earnie is so important, that''s why he has got 17 goals, because he will put the ball in the back of the net without blinking.

[/quote]Good for Grant he is dead right they should have rolled it across and we would have been 2-0 up and not having this convesation i''m all for telling it like it is.

Thanks Wiz. It''s a strange one. I don''t remember any incidents where Dion had tap in chances. I remember Hucks getting to the bye-line and finding nobody there to pass to because he was so much quicker than the strikers on a few occasions, and then Etuhu getting himslef forward for pull backs that were blocked on the line, but no obvious "pass it" moments.

Another Grant "heat of the moment" comment perhaps? Every time he does one of those though, people lose respect for him, it''s true. I wouldn''t think he''s lost the dressing room yet, if the celebrations from team and manager together following Safri''s goal are anything to go by. But he needs to be careful and realise how much is statements are examined by the players and fans.

Maybe, but surely it''s better than the insipid post-match comments of

Worthy? It all depends if what he said seems reasonable and it does. Is

there anything substantial  in the interview that anyone can

actually disagree with?

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

Canary O2:

[/quote]Good for Grant he is dead right they should have rolled it across and we would have been 2-0 up and not having this convesation i''m all for telling it like it is.[/quote]Should have done this, should have done that what utter garbage. christ then maybe we should have created more chances being the home team and dominated the opposition.now theres an idea........sack grant now

players aren''t perfect, they make errors whilst playing, I think critisism of such errors is fare. Most of what I read sounded logical and constructive, if players are offended by that they shouldn''t be here.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

Canary O2:

[/quote]

Grant is right.. having 2 Greedy B***ards in the team isnt going to win us games... perhaps if they played as a team instead of going for all the limelight themselves we might be better placed.

jas :)

Wiz

This messageboard is full of posters slating our players. It''s full of posters saying these players will get us relegated. Whether we agree with everything stated on these boards or not there must be a basis for such a swell of opinion. So, against this background, would you be happier if the manager said everyone played well and he was happy with the performance?

What a lot of crap Wiz, the players have had it far to easy for too long.

He tells it like it is and I agree entirely with his comments.

You are not happy unless you can make a drama out of a crisis, give the man a chance! He is still working with Worthy''s players.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]I think that grant is close to losing the dressing room, however i will be surprised if it is so soon. we are in real trouble if he has.
[/quote]

I''m not entirely convinced that he had it in the first place. Poor attitude as a player.....so maybe just a continuation........

If he is ''loosing the dressing room'' as it is termed for being honest and telling it as it is then great. It''s about time the players stopped hiding behind valueless comments which we were subject to under Worthington.

If hearing the truth, makes you throw your toys out of the pram then you don''t deserve to be part of the squad. I don''t want players at my club that think they can undermine the manager. This sort of honesty will tell us exactly who deserves to wear the shirt. Grow some gonads chaps and take responsibility for your actions.

Perhaps a cleansing of attitude is what is needed. Break the whole thing down to it''s bare bones and rebuild it the way you want it.

Nice one Grant!

Because I think he has!.

Agreed?

[/quote]

So what your saying is that the players decide no matter who the boss is they will perform how they want ?

Lost the dressing room ?? dont make me laugh, he is right, to long have some of these guys peed around and not earnt there money.

If we get relegated do you really think the players give a toss ? they will be off down the road as fast as they can to the next pay day.

These so called players need a reality check, there paid good money to do a job that the manager asks them to do.

Get bloody shot of them is what i think.

Its clear to me that the fault lies ´with the attitude of the players not with the manager, sure he has made rookie mistakes, but our plaers do that day in day out, and there meant to be seasoned pro´s !!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]It sounds like valid/constructive criticism to me.  If the delicate litte flowers can''t take it they shouldn''t be playing football.[/quote]

I have to agree with this. I actually like Grant a lot, I am very pleased with the way he tells it as it is. If the players want to use his comments as a way to sulk rather than try and improve their game, then as far as I''m concerned they can bugger off from our club.

It''s the board I have a problem with.

Grant knows what everyone else knows - Collectively, the team are s***. But what are Grant and the board going to do about? That is the big question, because League One is where we will be next year on current form.

The 1950''s mentality that the club posesses makes me sick. Sack The Board.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]It sounds like valid/constructive criticism to me.  If the delicate litte flowers can''t take it they shouldn''t be playing football.[/quote]

I have to agree with this. I actually like Grant a lot, I am very pleased with the way he tells it as it is. If the players want to use his comments as a way to sulk rather than try and improve their game, then as far as I''m concerned they can bugger off from our club.

[/quote]

I completely agree with both of these posts. [Y]

Next...

So most want Grant out, but that will never happen, if we can''t afford players then we certainly can''t afford compensation again!    and even if it did, who would come to us?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Nice one Grant!

[/quote]

Yellow Rages:

Just what part of City 1 Plymouth 3 are you having trouble with?.

[/quote]

I have trouble with us loosing 1-3. Why, do you find that acceptable?

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

I completely agree with both of these posts. [Y]

Next...

[/quote]

and me, if they can''t take it, tough.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

Show me where I''ve said a 1-3 home defeat is acceptable YR....................no?, thought not!.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

Show me where I''ve said a 1-3 home defeat is acceptable YR....................no?, thought not!.

[/quote]

So..................................................Your point is then?

For the past few weeks, all the posts on here have been stating that at least three quarters of this side aren''t good enough for Championship football. That amount of players effectively make up "the dressing room". Posters on this board have also said that they can''t wait to get rid of the dead wood, the majority of which, again, make up said dressing room.

So what is the point of this post exactly? The players aren''t good enough as we stand here talking about it; Grant has lost nothing simply because the majority of the dressing room at present don''t deserve to be there. If we were talking about losing the dressing room when we were in the Championship season, I''d worry about it, but for the time being, boot the crap out to the reserves and get the kids in, because playing with no fear and 100% effort HAS to be better than players who don''t seem top care their contracts are up for renewal.

The big question  in this thread is .... has Grant  ever   HELD  the dressing room ?    or , for that matter  , had Worthington  ?  

ALL the signs point   to the answer being ...NO ! 

Its vital  to take this situation on board ,   because , to do so ,  surely means  that MOST of the criticisms   will be directed where they belong  , right at the players  !  it  is  THEY  that are not  playing well , they that  can`t put a good game together ,   they that  don`t play as a team  .

This situation eventually   succeeded in Worthington getting the sack , and , if Grant  doesn`t rip into  players in a meaningful way , it will mean he gets the sack as well !   

I`ve been  scoffed at  when I say theres  dissension  among the players , and been asked for proof , well , obviously,  I`m not a fly on the wall in the dressing room  ,   relying mainly  on how the players   react with each other as they play ( I use the term loosely ! )  ,    and my  opinion is that  there are at least two cliques   out there  !   maybe  the more observant  can say  who they are  ?  

Yes, he never had the support in the first place due to weak club managment and an acceptance of second best under Worthington by the overpaid players that has become common place; the fact that he has been unable to get more out of them than Worthington, suggests that Grant is not the man for the job? Damage limitation, get him out now and replace with experience on a short term deal with incentives!