Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

16 weeks ago Plymouth 3 Norwich 1...

... and I returned home to a message board much the same as the one I find this evening. A few days later Delia and MWJ issued THAT statement:-

We and the board are deeply disappointed by the lack of passion and commitment in the team''s performances, and wish to apologise to our loyal fans who have given us such wonderful support. You deserve more.

“We are determined to achieve success at Norwich City, and to that end we expect this situation to be rectified. We rely on our manager and squad to do this not only on behalf of our supporters but for the long-term future of the club.”

The situation wasn''t rectified as we lost the next game 1-4 at home to Burnley and we all know what happened then. So the manager was duly sacked. Yet the statement said we rely on our manager AND SQUAD to rectify the situation.

Of course the transfer window being closed didn''t allow for changes to the squad so those that made no real attempt to rectify the situation in the Burnley game have remained and made no real attempt to rectify the situation ever since.

After this Plymouth 1-3 defeat the statement seems to have come from the new manager:-

"If I can get the players in that I want nobody - but nobody - can come to my door and say: ''Well, why have you left me out?'' Nobody.

"You just cannot lose your home games the way we are and play as poorly as we are if you''re going to do something in this league. I don''t care what anybody says.

"You''re always hoping it''s a blip, but it has gone on too long. That''s why we''ve got to change things."

This time the transfer window is open and despite claims to  the contrary it appears money is still available and Grant is still talking about getting players in. Those that have not already been replaced will surely be in "the last chance saloon" when they attempt to "rectify the situation" one more time, strangely enough against Burnley again!

I don''t think we should really be surprised by Saturday''s result.  A better team than Tamworth would have knocked us out of the FA Cup and even Tamworth managed to expose the frailty of the team.

If we don''t seen any new arrivals this week, either permanently or on loan, I seriously doubt we will get a decent result against Burnley

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

If we don''t seen any new arrivals this week, either permanently or on loan, I seriously doubt we will get a decent result against Burnley

[/quote]

If we put in the same performance as last time against Burnley there will be no failing manager for the players to hide behind this time. In truth they have had far too many chances "to rectify the situation" and I feel for some this will be the last!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

If we put in the same performance as last time against Burnley there will be no failing manager for the players to hide behind this time. In truth they have had far too many chances "to rectify the situation" and I feel for some this will be the last!

[/quote]

I for one think PG''s team selection for the Burnley game should prove very interesting. At least I hope so. If it''s the same 11 as vs Plymouth, then I don''t think any of us will be able to find the words to sum the situation up.

The trouble is that he does not have any options - he has clearly looked at the youngsters and doesnt think they are either ready or good enough.   I really dont expect to see many changes