Sign in to follow this  
Bury Green

The main reason for Saturday’s defeat was Mr Norwich City

In a vain effort to lighten the rather sombre mood around the place it has become clear to me quite why we capitulated in a  way only the French Army know how to do this past Saturday.

At about 2.50 whilst trudging up to my seat  to watch another public execution unfold,  my near neighbours excitedly told me that none other than Canary legend Daryl Sutch was watching the game from the stands.  They know how fond of him I am you see!

Well there you have it, it wasn’t Muffin (Doherty) or even Gallagher’s fault, the return of the clubs arch Jonah himself weaved his magic spell all over the place one more time. 

Never has one man been synonymous with failure at our club quite like dear Daryl whether as a player or now as a supporter.  So please please please, if ever we got to a  Playoff final again can somebody please keep him a  million miles from the game safely under lock and key as the thought of old ‘Mr Norwich City’ weaving his special brand of magic would I think send me over the edge

Cripes. Without any doubt you have hit the proverbial on the head my Verdigree friend. Had I have known Jonah was in the Carrot I would have immediately returned to Europa Way and the Beardmobile.

Last time I saw Daryl he was with his family at Sheringham swimming baths. DS looked a little dissapointed that no one was asking for his autograph. Instead I , like many others, in panic grabbed my offspring and headed for the door half naked, expecting the roof to cave in at any moment as of course it did on so many occassions (metaphorically) when he played.

Daryl truly is the luckiest man ever to have "professional footballer" on his passport.    

Ah, but what about that goal at Blackburn!! [;)] That was a cracker...

Mind you, even I scored a few crackers in my extremely short football ''career''...