Sign in to follow this  
Fluff

Double standards (part 2)

I see that many of the same people that campaigned to keep the Worthless one here due to ''lets not be rash'' attitudes are calling for the present managers head!  I have to agree in parts that the guy doesnt seem to know his formations from his fromage frai''s, but he must be given the chance to get in some fresh blood.  The current squad (minus Chadwick and Brown) were all brought in under a fanfare of Doomcaster spin as ''hard working quality'' from which none of the previous words are true.  Robinson is poor, Etuhu is poor, Hughes is poor, etc etc......Thanks Worthless

Grant has at least done some good whilst he has been here.  Keith Webb has gone (and look whats happened to Lynn since)!!!!!

If anyone is to get the blame and should be the real target, it HAS to be the board.  They are the ones constantly giving us the elbow.  How many times has Delia spoken up whilst dropping from the premiership?  When we were pushing for promotion and finally there, you couldnt get her off the media, but the last 18 months have been silence.  Media slut?  Oooo how dare I!

The club has shown itself up for what it really is, no ambition what so ever.  Whilst close to bankrupt clubs are having a final push to support their managers and make the premiership (Derby for one), our land rich, cash rich board make us scrimp and save. 

It wont be long before a sullen face Doomcaster appears in the paper pleading poverty again!

Grant in...............well until the end of the season at least.

what is she doing to that goalpost in you avatar? my eyes aren''t what they used to be!

oh and some of what you said makes sense.

Good post fluffty......and the truth hurts. Come Feb if there are still no worthwhile additions to the squad, there will be a new and even more inventive flurry of excuses don''t worry..........[Y]

[quote user="Cluck"]Good post fluffty......and the truth hurts. Come Feb if there are still no worthwhile additions to the squad, there will be a new and even more inventive flurry of excuses don''t worry..........[Y][/quote]

....and you sound like you can hardly wait for such an outcome Cluck. Sad.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Cluck"]Good post fluffty......and the truth hurts. Come Feb if there are still no worthwhile additions to the squad, there will be a new and even more inventive flurry of excuses don''t worry..........[Y][/quote]

....and you sound like you can hardly wait for such an outcome Cluck. Sad.

[/quote]

Seems you yanks don''t know the word ''if''''. Too bad, so sad.

OTBC

YankeeCanary/BlyBlyBabes:

Here is the meaning of the word if for you:

I can use the statement "if I win the lottery" and still want it to

happen, just as I can use the statement "if I fall screaming from an

open window" and still want it to not happen. "if" has meaning only in

probability and no implication of desired result.

Its the thumbs up that gave an indication of the alleged desired outcome.

[Y][quote user="7rew"]YankeeCanary/BlyBlyBabes:

I can use the statement "if I win the lottery" and still want it to happen, just as I can use the statement "if I fall screaming from an open window" and still want it to not happen. "if" has meaning only in probability and no implication of desired result.

[/quote]

Imho 7rew.

In the above case ''if'' is the first word in a conditional clause.

The thumbs up represents Cluck''s opinion of Fluffty''s post.

There is nothing at all in Cluck''s post that he desires a deteriorating situation come February resulting in ''a new and even more inventive flurry of excuses''.

Yankee is simply bending the evidence of the post to suit his pre-determined opinion of Cluck.

Anyway. Enough of this. On to more interesting things. Is not Fluffty''s avatar most intriguing - particularly her apparent desire for the goalpost?[Y] 

[Y] represents my opinion of Fluffty''s avatar. 

OTBC   

[quote user="7rew"]YankeeCanary/BlyBlyBabes:

I can use the statement "if I win the lottery" and still want it to happen, just as I can use the statement "if I fall screaming from an open window" and still want it to not happen. "if" has meaning only in probability and no implication of desired result.

[/quote]

Soooooo....you think that a fan who has followed the fortunes of this club through thick and thin since 1962 ... may actually WANT his beloved team to fail?........Oh dearie dearie me. Fail in psychology I''m afraid.......[:(]

No, I don''t think you want the team to fail.It is however perfectly true that YC alleged that you sounded like you did.Fail in legal language 101 I''m afraid.I really thought that I had managed a non-inflamatory post. must try harder.

''If'' the club doesnt pull its finger out, the trivia surrounding the word ''If'' may seem the best entertainment that many city fans will get for the forthcoming months! ha