Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Cluck's Poison

One minor point regarding my apparently "excessive" posts...about which I don''t personally have a problem.....The bulk of my "posts" are very brief replies to other peoples'' views.....often supporting a fellow poster taking a battering from the bully boys....replying to a good thread that has been lost from the page....enjoying banter with like minded individuals....replying to a new arrival on the site who has been ignored.....replying to the usual personal attacks (which I have now become accustomed to) rather than be accused of hiding......

There are some here who neither reply to good posts by others....nor have anything other than personal asides for those who turn up here to with something individual to say. As with Yank here...it''s all look at me....I''m self important......usually under a new thread heading.  Sadly this goes for some others who are intent on being "right" without question rather than part of the whole picture. I''m happy with ding dong debate....and I often invite it.....but lets accept that it is a bloody computer forum and no-one has "claim" for higher status over anyone else.

I think looking at this site today there are far more "new faces" unafraid to speak their mind than when I first arrived. I personally view this as a major positive.....but of course the bully boys don''t like it one bit. So....get used to it ladies....this place belongs to all of us, not just you...........[:)]

[quote user="7rew"]Oh Cluck. He does claim about 40 years of support and to be a buisness man...... Its a shame about his tendency to use..... for any kind of punctuation..... I was under the impression that educational standards, particularly in grammer had declined. Also I thought buisness people were normally well-educated, certainly formal writing is important for any kind of buisness that has line-managers (which he has definately claimed to have).

[/quote]

you can''t use this board to check for garmmer / spelling etc. I mean i am busy at work so me replies take about 3 second to compose, I guess that won;t surpirse too many people! Sometimes I re-read my replies and winch at the errors, as long i get my point over!

Not actually a Norwich fan, I mainly use the boards for searching for new players for my Sunday side, but one thing I did notice about 7rew''s  comments is highlighted below.

Firstly I think it''s pathetic to attack somebody on their spelling/grammar etc. especially when the subject is not about that. The only silver lining is that 7rew, in his attack, managed to misspell a word himself, that word being GRAMMAR.

Sorry to intrude, but if your going to attack someone about their spelling/grammar, make sure yours is correct first.

[quote user="7rew"]Oh Cluck. He does claim about 40 years of support and to be a buisness man...... Its a shame about his tendency to use..... for any kind of punctuation..... I was under the impression that educational standards, particularly in grammer had declined. Also I thought buisness people were normally well-educated, certainly formal writing is important for any kind of buisness that has line-managers (which he has definately claimed to have).

It is possible that Cluck has done so well in buisness that he can afford to have others run his buisnesses for him. In this case we may have found our much needed new blood on the board.  Financing one signing should get him a place on the board, putting him in a position to do something to help the club he loves.  A signing for us at the moment is only about 100,000 - 300,000 pounds which should be easily affordable if he is able to have someone run his buisness for him.
If Cluck is not yet in this position, maybe he should cease posting so frequently on these boards so that he can earn more money and get into this situation.

The other posibility is that Cluck is over stating his claims to be a buisness man. He could have the time to post so frequently because he is a self-employed handyman and hasn''t had much work recently.  A third possibility is that he is 12 and making it up, this I feel is unlikely however.

On the plus side I do at least credit him with not being Ronbol Ronbol.

[/quote]

[quote user="Grumpy "]Cluck, watch your back with the Yanks on the case you may disappear and end up in a country that does not recognise your rights. I''m with you Cluck. [/quote]

I had a year in Viet Nam with the Yanks.......Leave them alone long enough and they all shoot each other!.....[:)]

[quote user="Cluck"]

The bulk of my "posts" are very brief replies to other peoples'' views.....often supporting a fellow poster taking a battering from the bully boys....

.....but of course the bully boys don''t like it one bit. So....get used to it ladies....

[/quote]

Where and when has all this "bullying" gone on?

Surely you don''t mean Smearer calling everone who doesn''t agree with him idiots or mugs, or you referring to Delialalanders or squeakies and sheep who follow Delia. Now don''t get me wrong, I don''t mind you calling anyone anything and would prefer the board to be uncensored, but please stop bleating about being bullied when 90% of the posts now are from those who having nothing good to say about the club, like yourself. If you''re supposedly supporting other poor put upon posters, I think they''re quite capable of defending themselves and if not should try and restrain their attention seeking posts.

One final post before hopefully this thread slides out of sight.......

Firstly thanks to those who have spoken out about freedom to speak our minds....whether or not they agree with anything I may say. The principal remains...and within the parameters of respect....we should all be able to come on here without fear of personal abuse....In turn...those who wish to dish it out should be prepared to take the returns when they come without bleating.....That''s just being grown up about it. 

Secondly....no-one on here could "bully" me I assure you....but there are plenty of cases where new arrivals have been packed on....and other examples where "saying the wrong thing" has resulted in a tirade of insults from a select few. While I can brush such inane and childish comments to one side...others can''t and I will continue to "stick up" for anyone I feel is on the end of a group packing.....even if it results in my "unacceptable to some" high post count. (dear oh dear)... 

My use of Delialalaland etc. aptly describes my own view of NCFC these days.....so get used to it. My use of other "adjectives" is rarely ever directed at one individual (except in retaliation)....but "if the cap fits..wear it"........

The moderators dictate what I am allowed to write on here ...not my detractors. I''m here for the duration because I want to see the "sense of place" and "identity" returned to my home city club and the wishy washy political correctness endemic within many privileged supporters swept away.

That''s my lot......popular or not.........[B]

What an absolute waste of time this thread is... 

3 pages of debate on a personal attack on a fellow poster...  unbelieveable!!!

If you could put as much time in to fighting for the best interests of the club rather than insulting fellow posters then you would be dangerous YC...

Cluck keep the flag flying mate  [Y]

YC you are an utter disgrace!!!  [N]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]One man''s meat is another man''s poison, mind you I''d be chuffed to bit''s if someone did that much research on me, it was a bit like the Pinkuns version of ''This Is Your Life''  I was almost waiting for Yankie to bring out some family photos of Cluck when he was a kid, sitting astride his yellow and green chopper![/quote]

John, you may have a point and possibly that''s the source of Clucks vitriol......you never sit astride a chopper! 

[/quote]Ha ha, good one! perhaps I should have explained to the younger posters that a ''chopper'' is a 1970s push bike, and nothing to do with ''one mans meat'' or a ''pinkun'' the fact that I managed to use the words - chopper, pinkun and one mans meat in the above sentence, without realising, is actually quite a worry to me!I''m going to spend the next 10 mins looking at Marty''s Hamsters to get me thinking right!

I don''t find Cluck or any of his ilk offensive or poisonous, nor do I think that they should be examined in as much detail as YC has gone into.  I do, however, find his posts extremely repetetive and boring, and often bordering on childish with his responses to some people.  He claims that he only ever sticks up for himself or others, yet there are countless examples of where someone who simply doesn''t agree with him is "labelled", as Chicken has spoken quite eloquently about.After the WO/KTF saga, it would have been nice to have returned to a state where we could all get along and simply discuss the football.  However, even before the recent slump hit, Cluck was on about the board, etc, and was even slating Grant when he was first appointed.  Everyone will agree that the football on offer at Carrow Road is shocking and something needs doing, however what people have to realise is that there are lots of people with lots of different ideas on how this should be done.  I remember disagreeing quite often with Blahblahblah during that period, yet we seem to have similar views on our current predicament.  Personally, I believe in backing our new manager and allowing him time to build his squad.  Yes, mistakes have been made by previous management bringing in players who simply cannot cut it, and the board should not have sanctioned some of the moves, but then it was Worthy who was the expert in transfer instances, not Delia.If Cluck and others are so concerned about this club, maybe it is time they started looking forward rather than back.  We will not get relegated this year, but nor will we get promoted or even make the play-offs.  The summer will be Grant''s opportunity to rebuild, and I''ve more or less written off this season already.  That does not make me someone living in la-la-land, nor does it mean I have my head up my arse.  It means I''m looking to the future with a glimmer of hope and realism, as the majority are.

[quote user="Cluck"]

As with Yank here...it''s all look at me....I''m self important......usually under a new thread heading.  Sadly this goes for some others who are intent on being "right" without question rather than part of the whole picture.........[:)]

[/quote]Pot. Kettle. Black.[;)]

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]One man''s meat is another man''s poison, mind you I''d be chuffed to bit''s if someone did that much research on me, it was a bit like the Pinkuns version of ''This Is Your Life''  I was almost waiting for Yankie to bring out some family photos of Cluck when he was a kid, sitting astride his yellow and green chopper!
[/quote]

John, you may have a point and possibly that''s the source of Clucks vitriol......you never sit astride a chopper! 

[/quote]

Ha ha, good one! perhaps I should have explained to the younger posters that a ''chopper'' is a 1970s push bike, and nothing to do with ''one mans meat'' or a ''pinkun'' the fact that I managed to use the words - chopper, pinkun and one mans meat in the above sentence, without realising, is actually quite a worry to me!
I''m going to spend the next 10 mins looking at Marty''s Hamsters to get me thinking right!
[/quote]

I think my guinea pigs would be rather offended to be mixed up with other less intelligent rodents! but they are a fine pair  I must admit.

The guinea pigs are the best thing on this thread..... by a long way.  This thread sums up all that I dislike about this forum.  It has nothing to do with Norwich City Football Club and is merely about scoring points off someone rather than actually debate differing viewpoints.  In all honesty I find the majority of this thread rather puerile and the fact that we are now looking at discrediting posters rather than discussing City is all a bit sad really.  

[quote user="Smudger"]

If you could put as much time in to fighting for the best interests of the club rather than insulting fellow posters then you would be dangerous YC...

[/quote]

To quote Winston Churchill, "and you''re ugly Smudger but I won''t be disgraceful tomorrow."

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]One man''s meat is another man''s poison, mind you I''d be chuffed to bit''s if someone did that much research on me, it was a bit like the Pinkuns version of ''This Is Your Life''  I was almost waiting for Yankie to bring out some family photos of Cluck when he was a kid, sitting astride his yellow and green chopper!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha ha, good one! perhaps I should have explained to the younger posters that a ''chopper'' is a 1970s push bike, and nothing to do with ''one mans meat'' or a ''pinkun'' the fact that I managed to use the words - chopper, pinkun and one mans meat in the above sentence, without realising, is actually quite a worry to me!
I''m going to spend the next 10 mins looking at Marty''s Hamsters to get me thinking right!
[/quote]

I think my guinea pigs would be rather offended to be mixed up with other less intelligent rodents! but they are a fine pair  I must admit.

[/quote]

Damn! my second big mistake in the same thread, sorry Marty, when I said hamsters I didn''t mean any offence to the guinea pigs, God bless them, it must have been the view in the background which confused my perspective of relative size, shape and form!

Can''t see what good this thread has done for this board or the status quo on this board. YC you need to think before you post. You thread is neither productive or constructive. It''s just childish.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Damn! my second big mistake in the same thread, sorry Marty, when I said hamsters I didn''t mean any offence to the guinea pigs, God bless them, it must have been the view in the background which confused my perspective of relative size, shape and form!

[/quote]

Ok John, i''ll let you off this time, but some people who have actually seen them in the flesh have called them hamsters too!

Any poster who starts their own campaign topic as regularly and passionately as Cluck is fair game to have their views shot at and discussed. And that includes understanding that persons motivation for that campaign. 

However it should not include taking shots at the poster themselves,  nor aiming returning personal responses when that flack arrives.

I can only agree with the latter posters that this is the saddest thing about this board at the moment.

Yankee, this is utterly pointless. Surely the purpose of a message board is to debate issues, not talk about the board itself? Prefer to see proper debate about the finances, the playing staff, decent gossip and rumour, where the next win is coming from and so on. Who cares about Cluck or Wiz or Freddie the Nutcase? I dont.

(funny how the guy has got under your skin though!)

It''s very rare that I''ll stick up for Cluck on here but I''m going to do so on this occasion. I think describing his contributions to the forum as "poison" is extremely harsh when all he is really doing is exercising his right to free speech.

One of the few things that Cluck and I will probably agree on is the right to absolute freedom of speech, in my opinion it''s our most basic human right and must be defended at all costs. Millions of people all over the world have lost their lives throughout the years defending their right to speak freely and, although it''s a fate that is unlikely to befall any of us, we owe it to those people to fight censorship and ensure that everyone has the right to free speech.

Much of what annoys me about Cluck''s posts is down to the sheer hypocrisy of some of them. For instance, stating that personal insults show that you are losing an argument and then referring to other posters as squeakies and la-la land loyalists or deriding posters for bullying people in packs and then doing exactly the same with whoever happens to agree with him. However, the way he wants to go about his business on here is up to him and if I disagree it''s up to me to point that out rather than starting campaigns against his "poison".

Cluck and I will probably never agree on many things that get discussed on here but I can live with that.I find it much more worrying that one poster has felt the need to scroll through all of his postings to try and find some sort of agenda.

[quote user="Cluck"]

One final post before hopefully this thread slides out of sight.......

Firstly thanks to those who have spoken out about freedom to speak our minds....whether or not they agree with anything I may say. The principal remains...and within the parameters of respect....we should all be able to come on here without fear of personal abuse....In turn...those who wish to dish it out should be prepared to take the returns when they come without bleating.....That''s just being grown up about it. 

Secondly....no-one on here could "bully" me I assure you....but there are plenty of cases where new arrivals have been packed on....and other examples where "saying the wrong thing" has resulted in a tirade of insults from a select few. While I can brush such inane and childish comments to one side...others can''t and I will continue to "stick up" for anyone I feel is on the end of a group packing.....even if it results in my "unacceptable to some" high post count. (dear oh dear)... 

My use of Delialalaland etc. aptly describes my own view of NCFC these days.....so get used to it. My use of other "adjectives" is rarely ever directed at one individual (except in retaliation)....but "if the cap fits..wear it"........

The moderators dictate what I am allowed to write on here ...not my detractors. I''m here for the duration because I want to see the "sense of place" and "identity" returned to my home city club and the wishy washy political correctness endemic within many privileged supporters swept away.

That''s my lot......popular or not.........[B]

[/quote]

I find this post quite amazing in a freakish sort of way! I am not going to insult you here Cluck but I just want to highlight a couple of the issues which get you the kind of post we have seen on here.

Firstly everyone does have the freedom of speach but do not expect people to be so calm about things when you use terms which could be seen as derogatory and post construction that can be seen as aggressive. The freedom of speach act protects people from being punnished by a governing body for expressing their minds, yet it does not streach to retaliation of the same kind. So if you say something that someone will take personaly of that is of a sensitive nature then expect people to be upset and react accordingly. Its called facing the consequences.

For example in this post you have effectively written that you will write what you want and wont give "two hoots (insert clucks if you like ;oD)" about what others may say in response. But we know thats not true because you often reply stating that all you were trying to do is construct reasonable debate on a subject close to your heart.

Also you tend to label people who do not precisely agree with you as "enemies" people who do not want the club to "progress" or who are "ignorant" because of their views are not your own. I have to say Cluck that these are the reasons that many posters on here have probably grown a little tired of you. Even when I construct counter arguments to your own, which as mentioned above you seem to try and encourage, you don''t reply to my argument you just suggest my head is burried in the sand. Any where in the world that would suggest your argument is not deep enough to withstand a counter.

I am at least still trying to be reasonable but every time there is a game that we loose you are on here posting another variation of exactly the same post which is fine but it would be nice to see some other aspects of your opinion surrounding the club. For example you never seem to comment much on the games themselves, suggest weaknesses on the pitch etc. You just say the whole team is not good enough which is simply not the case.

Lastly in the hope that I don''t get one of your counters again, I am not having a dig at you I am merely trying to establish why it is some people can get a bit narked with you old bean.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Smudger"]

If you could put as much time in to fighting for the best interests

of the club rather than insulting fellow posters then you would be

dangerous YC...

[/quote]

To quote Winston Churchill, "and you''re ugly Smudger but I won''t be disgraceful tomorrow."

[/quote]

Pedantic, but I think you mean to paraphrase Churchill YC, I imagine if WC had known smudger he''d have just hit him ;-)

Thank you for the correction Spat. I realised my error after posting.

Smudger is harmless. Every football club needs a Smudger. I don''t think Winston would have hit him....he would have shared a whisky with him while blowing cigar smoke in his face, hoping for improvement when the smoke cleared. 

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Cluck"]

The bulk of my "posts" are very brief replies to other peoples'' views.....often supporting a fellow poster taking a battering from the bully boys....

.....but of course the bully boys don''t like it one bit. So....get used to it ladies....

[/quote]

Where and when has all this "bullying" gone on?

Surely you don''t mean Smearer calling everone who doesn''t agree with him idiots or mugs, or you referring to Delialalanders or squeakies and sheep who follow Delia. Now don''t get me wrong, I don''t mind you calling anyone anything and would prefer the board to be uncensored, but please stop bleating about being bullied when 90% of the posts now are from those who having nothing good to say about the club, like yourself. If you''re supposedly supporting other poor put upon posters, I think they''re quite capable of defending themselves and if not should try and restrain their attention seeking posts.

[/quote]Wow, this is fun! Somehow, don''t ask me how, i missed all this before. Probably an automatic response mechanism on seeing a post that has gone on for more than 2 pages!! Just wanted indulge myself while we''re all at it and go for a point score of my own. I wholeheartedly agree with SPat here. For Cluck to turn round and start playing the victim of some bullying campaign by gangs of nasty unruly posters is truly absurd. These ''gangs'' are simply the few people on here who debate with reason and with level heads rather than outlandish and hysterical suggestions and statements. "Les Reasonables" i think they were christened a while back and to refer to them as bullies is like refering to the Green Party as the BNP! And all this from someone who indulges in as much geering and name calling as anyone and who dispenses his opinions at people like lightening justice from his finger-tips (to quote the James song ''God Only Knows'')! There''s a ''God'' reference somewhere on here, not without good reason and to be fair i think YC likes to play that role sometimes as well.But please don''t play the victim Cluck, it really doesn''t suit you.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Furthermore in recent months it has become far clearer that the Premiership was treated a nothing more than a means of enhancing a 57% share holding and based on the last set of accounts I challenge anybody to tell me they haven’t?

[/quote]

Bury Green, I''m no accountant, but isn''t the majority of the increase in the Net Asset Value of the Club actually down to the fact that we''ve spent in excess of £10M building the Jarrold Stand and Corner infill, thereby significantly increasing the freehold land & buildings section of Tangible Fixed Assets???

[quote user="Saint Canary"]The guinea pigs are the best thing on this thread..... by a long way.  This thread sums up all that I dislike about this forum.  It has nothing to do with Norwich City Football Club and is merely about scoring points off someone rather than actually debate differing viewpoints.  In all honesty I find the majority of this thread rather puerile and the fact that we are now looking at discrediting posters rather than discussing City is all a bit sad really.  [/quote]

Yes, it''s getting ''nearly'' as futile and pathetic as the House of Commons exchanges at Prime Minister''s Question Time. A gaggle of people with too much time on their hands, sat around guffawing, jeering and being generally rude and obnoxious to their opposites and consistently shouting down those that don''t agree - conveniently ignoring the real-life issues that are occurring, whilst this Country is gradually going down the pan........And God, shuffled his feet.

House of Commons = We the  fans.

Gaggle = We the fans, and the Directorship of NCFC

Country = Norwich City FC.

God = Senior Ministers/MP''s/The NCFC Board, who either choose to ignore - or are totally oblivious to what''s happening in reality.[:|]