Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Cluck's Poison

I realise that on a message board for the purpose of free expression it sounds a little harsh to call the input from one poster poison, but that''s what I think it is. Here''s why.

In less than four months, beginning on September 25th/2006, Cluck has posted at the rate of ten posts a day, with constant and incessant attacks on Norwich management and ownership, repeatedly pointing out his main theme that Norwich City has become all about Delia and not what Norwich City was to the community traditionally. Cluck also says he loves this club and has been a supporter since the early 1960''s ( 1962 I believe he said ). 

Take note please that, Cluck the supporter, did not share any messages of joy with the rest of this community regarding Norwich City''s return to better achievement under Delia''s period of control beginning with the 2001-02 season when we made the play-offs, and two seasons later when we won the Championship by a clear eight points.

Despite what the eventual outcome was of our Premiership season, Cluck made no appearance here to share any joy at some of our early results that season. Yes, it took a long time to win a game that season, but included in the first half a dozen games we went to Old Trafford and kept the game close ( a 2-1 loss ), we went to St. James Park and tied 2-2 and we went to White Hart Lane and tied the game. No sign of Cluck taking any joy in those results, or conversely, attacking Delia for what she had become to the club in his view.

Fast forward to this season. Did Cluck join this message board on September the 4th when we were 4th in the table. No. Did he join on September 12th when we were 5th in the table. No, Cluck waited until after the September 23rd loss at Plymouth, at which point we had slipped to 14th. Now was the time for him to strike with his attacks on Delia and company. Possibly he will tell us that he had just discovered this message board at that point. That hardly seems credible to me for someone who says he has been a Norwich City supporter for almost half a century and clearly likes to articulate his thoughts in writing. He had to be aware of the disappointment many felt last season, with calls for Worthy''s head. Why not participate then and share his views and concerns. No, the timing was not right for his purpose because most fans that were unhappy were directing their anger at Nigel Worthington. That was not his target.

No, I believe his timing was measured and deliberate. He waited until Delia and Michael had finally run out of patience with things under Nigel and issued their ultimatum. It was fairly clear to most supporters that change had to occur and, given what we were working with, even with change in management, we were in for some tough months ahead. Then was the moment that Cluck joined this message board and began his attacks on the owners, quickly enlisting Wizard as an ally by issuing one compliment after another ( knowing full well Wizard''s distaste for owners of any description ). 

Now let''s move to Cluck the business owner. How many business owners do you know that take the time to come on a message board at the rate Cluck does, repeating the same message over and over, initiating and responding faster than almost any other poster and, I wonder, for what purpose? Love or poison? Cluck says it''s because of his love for the club. Well, as I said earlier, where was he in expressing his love and joy before when almost all other supporters were having a love fest at getting in the play-offs, winning the Championship etc before things went wrong. Never mind that Cluck strangely missed sharing with us in those return to good times, where is one complimentary post about that period from Cluck in the almost 1300 posts from him over the past 3 1/2 months. He has not offered anything complimentary while Delia and Michael have been at the helm. I don''t know what his motives are, but I do know his timing, his single-minded and focused attacks are way beyond anything that seems "normal" or that anyone else on this forum is even close to producing, and that includes our favourite Wizard. To me, this is beyond criticism, constructive or otherwise, and is faciltating a poisonous atmosphere that is beyond healthy.

Don''t fall for it. Trust in those that have really made a commitment to our club, even though things don''t look promising right now. We''ll survive and we will bounce back. I would also suspect things will surface at some future point as to some of the background reasons for this difficult period. Now is not the time. Trust in those that put their money on the line when we needed it.     

Well written and well researched post Yankee, can''t wait for him to ''cluck'' back!

You''re right that we will bounce back, yes its sad times at the moment but I''ve still got another 2 years on my season ticket and can''t imagine doing anything else on a Saturday afternoon when theres a game on to be honest..

I must confess to being staggered by Clucks postcount. Are you sure it''s only ten a day since he started? Fair play for the effort admittedly.

I usually have a good spar with Cluck, and IF he leaves the whole anti-board thing alone, he''s actually interesting. The problem is that the sheer volume of anti-board posts which he submits can sometimes virtually take over the whole forum, and there have been times where nearly every thread gets converted to diatribes against Delia which others will feed in to either to defend or attack. As healthy as it is to question the board, I genuinely don''t think many people blame the board too much for events on the field. However the volume of debate on here at times would suggest it was the most important issue at the club ever. Perhaps that''s part of the plan? Make enough smoke and people will see fire?

I''m all for Cluck having his say, but I''d prefer to hear more from him on footballing matters, not just debates about the board.

Cluck was a more effective "opponent of the board" when he initially came to this message board.  He would take the time construct argument, and engage with other posters.  Now that he''s "been there and done that" with most of the subjects available on this board, and to an extent they tend to be cyclical in nature, he has fallen into the trap most of us all fall into, me included at times, of giving stock answers and one-liners.  Hence, other posters'' opinions become "Hilarious", people who don''t want a new board live in "Delialalaland", and his opinions become diluted because he takes less time to be persuasive, convinced as he is of his arguments.  He also doesn''t have the time to follow up his desire for the board to be replaced.  I might not agree with the way that the Worthy Out campaign on a lot of things, but you had to be impressed by their dedication to what they did.  Posting on a message board in itself will not create the culture of protest that cluck might wish to engender against the board, it''s a lot more hard work than that.

On that basis, do I consider cluck or any other poster on this message board to be a serious danger to the current board of Norwich City ?  Not on your nelly.

"Is Cluck, actually IPSWITCHES ruddy cheeked and old etoneonionion DAVID SHEEPDIP?"

"Is Yankee actually a French CANADIAN?"

"Find out, in the next thrilling instalment of, "I''ll stalk you on the forum, before you stalk me!"[:|]

I don''t think he will answer, and if he does it will be with some drivel about how everybody picks on him - I''m fairly sure he won''t address the points you have made. Or something along the lines of ''if you can''t see that Delia is a she-devil or vampire intent on sucking all of us dry in a huge elaborate con then you must be either a blind sheep or a Mummy''s boy''.  

A far too long ''attack'' on a fellow poster YC, still thats your usual tradmark I guess. Most of it I skipped past, as it was just so long and rambled on............no change there then!.

Be honest, this latest post of yours was more about the ''God'' Yankee ''I went to a game once'' Canary, then it was an attack on the match going Cluck we all love, wasn''t it?.

Trying to bask in  Cluck''s glory is sad...............even for you.

You really must do better.

[quote user="macdougall''s perm"]

So you are now resorting to the ''going to the games makes you a better supporter'' line are you Wiz. To be honest, I expected better from you!  

[/quote/]

Trust me on this MP, Yankee and I have been ''bashing'' each other for years now.............it keeps us sane!.[;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

A far too long ''attack'' on a fellow poster

YC, still thats your usual tradmark I guess. Most of it I skipped

past, as it was just so long and rambled on............no

change there then!.

Be honest, this latest post of yours was more about the ''God''

Yankee ''I went to a game once'' Canary, then it was an attack

on the match going Cluck we all love, wasn''t it?.

Trying to bask in  Cluck''s glory is sad...............even for you.

You really must do better.

[/quote]

Aside from the fact that as mentioned you''re doing a "better supporter

than you" here, does Cluck actually go to matches? I''ve seen little in

his posts that suggest so. Also, if glory is a thousand posts of

bitterness, criticism, one-upmanship (my hugely successful business,

blah blah) and reactionary contempt for probably the majority of

supporters, well  you can keep pinkun board glory.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Most of it I skipped past............no change there then!.[/quote]

God forbid actually reading something fully before commenting on it....

Without much knowledge on all the various protagonists it is rather hard to dissect this, none the less what does amuse me is how some of you seem surprised that the number of postings from certain forum members has increased in recent months and yet chose to let the Worthington debacle pass them by

To my mind thins suggests he knows where the real problem with our club lies, not Worthington or Grant, not the salaried Doomcaster or even Mavis the cleaner, no it is the people that own the sorry affair namely Smith & Jones.

When a hard decision needed to be taken they procrastinated, deliberated and generally demonstrated weak management of the club which has proven to be deeply divisive amongst supporters and ultimately very damaging.

Furthermore in recent months it has become far clearer that the Premiership was treated a nothing more than a means of enhancing a 57% share holding and based on the last set of accounts I challenge anybody to tell me they haven’t?

Based on the above If indeed Cluck is a successful business owner then perhaps like me he looks at the lovely set of data the clubs drops onto your door mat in the form of the last set of accounts and wonders just what it will take to see our club returned to good health again ?

If you actually believe this current junta will return us back to the Premiership anytime soon you are sadly deluded for when the chance came they let it slip them by. Sadly it is entirely probable it will be a very long time before our chance comes again.

To conclude, rather than slinging a few facts around about who this bloke Cluck may or may not be I ‘d love to hear your take on how Smith & Jones are the future of the club based on their crass mismanagement in recent months.

I''m not surprised to see Clucks cronie Wiz stand up for him. What I am surprised about is the number of posters who seem to endow Cluck with some importance by answering this thread. Oh dear, I''ve just done it too[^o)]

load of old rubbish. there must be better things to write about. like the sorry state of our club which cluck has consistently written about.the ship is leader-less from top to bottom and I for one won''t let that happen without a fight.good on ya cluck.SACK GRANT NOW

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I realise that on a message board for the purpose of free expression it sounds a little harsh to call the input from one poster poison, but that''s what I think it is. Here''s why.

In less than four months, beginning on September 25th/2006, Cluck has posted at the rate of ten posts a day, with constant and incessant attacks on Norwich management and ownership, repeatedly pointing out his main theme that Norwich City has become all about Delia and not what Norwich City was to the community traditionally. Cluck also says he loves this club and has been a supporter since the early 1960''s ( 1962 I believe he said ). 

Take note please that, Cluck the supporter, did not share any messages of joy with the rest of this community regarding Norwich City''s return to better achievement under Delia''s period of control beginning with the 2001-02 season when we made the play-offs, and two seasons later when we won the Championship by a clear eight points.

Despite what the eventual outcome was of our Premiership season, Cluck made no appearance here to share any joy at some of our early results that season. Yes, it took a long time to win a game that season, but included in the first half a dozen games we went to Old Trafford and kept the game close ( a 2-1 loss ), we went to St. James Park and tied 2-2 and we went to White Hart Lane and tied the game. No sign of Cluck taking any joy in those results, or conversely, attacking Delia for what she had become to the club in his view.

Fast forward to this season. Did Cluck join this message board on September the 4th when we were 4th in the table. No. Did he join on September 12th when we were 5th in the table. No, Cluck waited until after the September 23rd loss at Plymouth, at which point we had slipped to 14th. Now was the time for him to strike with his attacks on Delia and company. Possibly he will tell us that he had just discovered this message board at that point. That hardly seems credible to me for someone who says he has been a Norwich City supporter for almost half a century and clearly likes to articulate his thoughts in writing. He had to be aware of the disappointment many felt last season, with calls for Worthy''s head. Why not participate then and share his views and concerns. No, the timing was not right for his purpose because most fans that were unhappy were directing their anger at Nigel Worthington. That was not his target.

No, I believe his timing was measured and deliberate. He waited until Delia and Michael had finally run out of patience with things under Nigel and issued their ultimatum. It was fairly clear to most supporters that change had to occur and, given what we were working with, even with change in management, we were in for some tough months ahead. Then was the moment that Cluck joined this message board and began his attacks on the owners, quickly enlisting Wizard as an ally by issuing one compliment after another ( knowing full well Wizard''s distaste for owners of any description ). 

Now let''s move to Cluck the business owner. How many business owners do you know that take the time to come on a message board at the rate Cluck does, repeating the same message over and over, initiating and responding faster than almost any other poster and, I wonder, for what purpose? Love or poison? Cluck says it''s because of his love for the club. Well, as I said earlier, where was he in expressing his love and joy before when almost all other supporters were having a love fest at getting in the play-offs, winning the Championship etc before things went wrong. Never mind that Cluck strangely missed sharing with us in those return to good times, where is one complimentary post about that period from Cluck in the almost 1300 posts from him over the past 3 1/2 months. He has not offered anything complimentary while Delia and Michael have been at the helm. I don''t know what his motives are, but I do know his timing, his single-minded and focused attacks are way beyond anything that seems "normal" or that anyone else on this forum is even close to producing, and that includes our favourite Wizard. To me, this is beyond criticism, constructive or otherwise, and is faciltating a poisonous atmosphere that is beyond healthy.

Don''t fall for it. Trust in those that have really made a commitment to our club, even though things don''t look promising right now. We''ll survive and we will bounce back. I would also suspect things will surface at some future point as to some of the background reasons for this difficult period. Now is not the time. Trust in those that put their money on the line when we needed it.     

[/quote]

Well....I guess I can expect a further 22500 Yankee bigots to invade and finish me off then eh?

All the usual "squeakies" lining up here to have a pop....and I''ll take that as a compliment too. When will you learn that you can''t just ride roughshod over everybody in your little packs?..... As long as the moderators pass my posts....that''s all I''m concerned about.....the rest of my detractors really don''t matter.....

So fire away ladies.......fire away........[:)]

Surely consistency is the key. As long as somebody’s view is consistent then that fine by me. And Cluck has as far as I have seen been consistent. We all know that Wiz is only consistent in his inconsistency, but hey he''s a one off. I personally happen to agree with much of old Cluck points and can''t stand these posters who always sit on the fence. We have to always remember that we are all fans on here and make an effort to always keep the banter friendly. I would point out that some of the nastier comments that come from posters in my view seem to come from the "club can do no wrong" types towards anybody who dares to question the club. I love a good old ding dong on here and long may it last. Poster who try to attack individuals to this level do much more damage than a poster like Cluck who just has his own point of view.

If he spends his time posting to question and complain about the meaningless dross that is now our club, from top to bottom, then good for him.  Open you damn eyes instead of spending a considerable amount of time posting this off-topic rubbish.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Oh Cluck. He does claim about 40 years of support and to be a buisness

man...... Its a shame about his tendency to use..... for any kind of

punctuation..... I was under the impression that educational standards,

particularly in grammer had declined. Also I thought buisness people

were normally well-educated, certainly formal writing is important for

any kind of buisness that has line-managers (which he has definately

claimed to have).

It is possible that Cluck has done so well in buisness that he can

afford to have others run his buisnesses for him. In this case we may

have found our much needed new blood on the board.  Financing one

signing should get him a place on the board, putting him in a position

to do something to help the club he loves.  A signing for us at

the moment is only about 100,000 - 300,000 pounds which should be

easily affordable if he is able to have someone run his buisness for

him.

If Cluck is not yet in this position, maybe he should cease posting so

frequently on these boards so that he can earn more money and get into

this situation.

The other posibility is that Cluck is over stating his claims to be a

buisness man. He could have the time to post so frequently because he

is a self-employed handyman and hasn''t had much work recently.  A

third possibility is that he is 12 and making it up, this I feel is

unlikely however.

On the plus side I do at least credit him with not being Ronbol Ronbol.

YC - I have read your post and my response has to be "so what?". I do not always agree with what Cluck says but then again I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says. I have to say I find it rather "creepy" that you have undertaken all of this research to attack a fellow poster, I suspect you must have some kind of sneaking admiration for him.

The more I think of the state Norwich City find themselves the more I am inclined to lay the blame at the "top of the shop". The success of this club has to come from success on the pitch, not from a hotel, land sales, travel agents and a catering business, do not get me wrong they are welcome additions to the revenue stream but they should not take precedence over the sports side of things. For the Chief Executive of Norwich City FC to say that promotion to the Premiership was an "over achievement" is nothing short of scandalous, any professional sports team worth its salt should be striving to compete at the highest level , otherwise what is the point?. Now if that is the message coming from the top, is it any wonder that we have a bunch of players who appear to be (in the words of PG) in the comfort zone, with Earnshaw out injured now more than ever we need the Board to be brave and do the right thing by Norwich City FC and the fans and that is back their man with hard cash.

What the hell is the point in this topic? So what if Cluck posts a lot with attacks on the board? So what if he didn''t post during the playoff or promotion season? I started posting in August 2003 at the start of our Championship winning season. Big deal. Does the date on which a member signed up mean a thing?! I signed up to discuss NCFC, not because I suddenly wanted something to moan about, or because, to the other extreme, I am a "glory hunting" fan.

At least he says it as it is rather than burying his head in the sand!

DELILIAR, surely DE-LIAR would be better since it actually sounds like the norfolk pronunciation of her name.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Surely consistency is the key. As long as somebody’s view is consistent then that fine by me. And Cluck has as far as I have seen been consistent. We all know that Wiz is only consistent in his inconsistency, but hey he''s a one off. I personally happen to agree with much of old Cluck points and can''t stand these posters who always sit on the fence. We have to always remember that we are all fans on here and make an effort to always keep the banter friendly. I would point out that some of the nastier comments that come from posters in my view seem to come from the "club can do no wrong" types towards anybody who dares to question the club. I love a good old ding dong on here and long may it last. Poster who try to attack individuals to this level do much more damage than a poster like Cluck who just has his own point of view.

[/quote]

The problem is that people are often miss-branded. I don''t really believe that Cluck thinks the answer to all our problems is to get rid of Delia etc but the way he writes it sounds like that is exactly what he means. Others that oppose this then get tarred with the "the club can do no wrong" jibe that you bring up.

You suggest to many people sit on the fence but in actual fact they sit somewhere between the two polarised arguments - sitting on the fence suggest that they don''t really care and have not come to a conclusive opinion yet.

The difficulty with the two more polarised groups is that they deny that they are polarised and then start labeling other people that may not agree with them. They then set on these same people suggesting that they are ignorant and, and I am afraid this is Cluck here, suggest that no one elses arguments contain facts or real points. In the one case where I had this difficulty I had to re-iterate my post and highlight the points and facts. After deliberation and support by other posters it was obvious that infact he failed to produce the facts and that my points were clear to see.

Cluck may well be consistant on one thing in that he has the same opinion day in day out, but he also quite often lacks any weight to back this opinion up other than his disslike of the board. To me its a bit like saying I am consistant because my hair is black everyday!

The polarised groups actually have more in common in the way of attitudes than many of the others have, those inbetween the two posts try and remain positive or more positive and to construct good and well constructed arguments and opinions. Unfortunately it tends to be these people that get slated the most for not supporting one of the two extremer groups.

I have a lot of time for the likes of Mc''s Perm and Charlies Dad to mention but a few. They at least do try to remain civilised when questioned and also try to suggest why they agree or disagree with other opinions. Cluck lacks respect for many of these people so I am not surprised that even though he does not use abusive language (strictly speaking) he has not gained many allies recently. 

Lastly I have a feeling Cluck is in fact an old member of this board that simply set up a new email account and new account with this forum.

Hey lets shoot the messenger,at the final whistle saturday was cluck the only one booing,I THINK NOT,just because he is more outspoken than alot of people he shouldn''t be victimised.I to have not posted anything positive on this forum,the reason for this is when things are good or ok you allow things to carry on and just enjoy it.BUT WHEN THINGS REACH THIS STAGE AND THERE DOSEN''T SEEM TO BE NO LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL ,YOU HAVE TO SPEAK OUT.I am a life long city fan and can''t just sit back and watch the club i love being ruined.This board in its present form is not going to get us back in the premiership,changes must be made and made now before its to late

One man''s meat is another man''s poison, mind you I''d be chuffed to bit''s if someone did that much research on me, it was a bit like the Pinkuns version of ''This Is Your Life''  I was almost waiting for Yankie to bring out some family photos of Cluck when he was a kid, sitting astride his yellow and green chopper!

[quote user="7rew"]Oh Cluck. He does claim about 40 years of support and to be a buisness man...... Its a shame about his tendency to use..... for any kind of punctuation..... I was under the impression that educational standards, particularly in grammer had declined. Also I thought buisness people were normally well-educated, certainly formal writing is important for any kind of buisness that has line-managers (which he has definately claimed to have).

It is possible that Cluck has done so well in buisness that he can afford to have others run his buisnesses for him. In this case we may have found our much needed new blood on the board.  Financing one signing should get him a place on the board, putting him in a position to do something to help the club he loves.  A signing for us at the moment is only about 100,000 - 300,000 pounds which should be easily affordable if he is able to have someone run his buisness for him.
If Cluck is not yet in this position, maybe he should cease posting so frequently on these boards so that he can earn more money and get into this situation.

The other posibility is that Cluck is over stating his claims to be a buisness man. He could have the time to post so frequently because he is a self-employed handyman and hasn''t had much work recently.  A third possibility is that he is 12 and making it up, this I feel is unlikely however.

On the plus side I do at least credit him with not being Ronbol Ronbol.

[/quote]

What a bitter and silly little fellow you are........Pull your pants back up now and get on with your knitting.....

Dear me......Embarrassing in the extreme...yet at the same time very revealing......NEXT?

[quote user="John Boubepo"]One man''s meat is another man''s poison, mind you I''d be chuffed to bit''s if someone did that much research on me, it was a bit like the Pinkuns version of ''This Is Your Life''  I was almost waiting for Yankie to bring out some family photos of Cluck when he was a kid, sitting astride his yellow and green chopper!
[/quote]

John, you may have a point and possibly that''s the source of Clucks vitriol......you never sit astride a chopper! 

I have been reliably informed that Yankee is a really nice bloke in real life so I was quite surprised when I read his thread. I would have felt quite hurt and upset (and a little bit uneasy)   if someone started rummaging through my personality like that. Although I dont always agree with you Cluck I enjoy your posts and the occasional bit of banter so keep on Cluckin'' as far as I''m concerned.

Cluck, I never said that spelling hadn''t got worse. I can never remeber how to spell business, except for the confusing adage it isn''t spelt how you think it should be. At least the spelling is consistent within the 7 usages within one post.  If spelling is the thing you most pick on within that post, then I am quite proud of it.What does it reveal, because I would like to know, I reakon its probably an incorrect inference, especially if it is anything like your assertions that I knit. Prior to this post I have not been bitter, I just find repeated .... difficult to read, particularly given its technical meanings.