Sign in to follow this  
Horatio Nelson

0870 telephone numbers

I was wondering if, after spending an hour in the phone queue on Saturday, whether the club make any money from the calls. I know tv programmes like ''who wants to be a millionaire'' make their money this way, and wondered if football clubs did the same.
If not then is it worth the club investigating this as extra income because with the premiership beckoning next season the ticket office phone queue could get longer and longer.

I would assume so. A couple of seasons ago the Box office number was a 01603 Norwich number. They probably changed is to a national rate number for that reason. I don''t mind whenever I phone up it is from work!!!

I spent an hour on the phone this morning (at work!) trying to buy a Watford ticket. I put the put on ''speak'' so I could get on with some work. My work colleagues were treated to ''Ding dong ding dong you are number 48 in the queue,details of the Malaysia trip are as follows. why not try The Comedy Club'' and so on and so on. Anybody else notice the phone always gets picked up when you are in a position in the room diammetrically opposite to where the phone is? Got one in the end though.

Hi, you might find this (perfectly legal) site interesting, though unfortunately NCFC aren''t on their list:
http://www.saynoto0870.com/
I still remember the joy, that moment almost 2 yrs ago when the on-hold tune changed, signalling I would be put through to buy my prized ticket for Cardiff (not Ninian Park). The 8 quid on the phone bill and sore finger from pressing ''re-dial'' were (so nearly) well worth it, but as it turns out NCFC have re-invested those pennies wisely, so I definitely don''t begrudge them their cut! You could say I bought a bleached hair.