Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

January so far true to form!

There was a post on here last month reminding us that over the last five seasons we have only won one league game in January! That I believe was a 1-0 victory over Sheffield United in our promotion season. So we are running true to form so far this year! This season January comes on the back of only one win in the whole of December making it feel so much worse than usual.

I am depressing myself now!!!!!

One silver lining I can find is that this coming weekend usually produces loads of excitement and goals. In the last three seasons we had 4-4 at Rotherham and that memorable 4-4 at home to Boro and last season a 3-2 defeat by Watford. (No wins though)

So........

Looks like a 1-0 win at Burnley on Saturday [;)]

It''s freaky how we always fall apart in January. I think a psychologist is needed to explain a run of form that dismal over an extended period of time. Or perhaps they all get Seasonal Adjustive Disorder and we need to play under UV lights instead of floodlights.

[quote user="shropshire canary"]To follow the pattern it''s more likely to be the 5-3 scoreline of 3 seasons ago or the 1-4 from earlier this!![/quote]

theres always goals against Burnley! I can remember 3-0, 3-2, 5-3 and 4-1 in recent seasons.

what odds can we get on our "friend" Adeola finding the net?

jas :)

[quote user="Canary02"]

It''s freaky how we always fall apart in January.

[/quote]

January ?

What about August, September, October, November, December, February, March and April for the last 3 seasons ?

I make it we fell apart around August 2004 and despite one or two isolated periods where it looked as though we were about to get things together again, to all intents & purposes we''ve stayed "fell apart" ever since.

However, I suppose there are varying degrees of falling apart, ranging from moderately to completely, which is about where we are now.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Canary02"]

It''s freaky how we always fall apart in January.

[/quote]

January ?

What about August, September, October, November, December, February, March and April for the last 3 seasons ?

I make it we fell apart around August 2004 and despite one or two isolated periods where it looked as though we were about to get things together again, to all intents & purposes we''ve stayed "fell apart" ever since.

However, I suppose there are varying degrees of falling apart, ranging from moderately to completely, which is about where we are now.

[/quote]

Well put MP....and it may not be in our hands as to what will happen. It''s psychologically easier to catch the teams above than get clear of a chasing pack. It can''t happen though....can it?

[quote user="Cluck"]

It''s psychologically easier to catch the teams above than get clear of a chasing pack. It can''t happen though....can it?

[/quote]

So............... we still got a chance of the play-offs then??????????????????

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck"]

It''s psychologically easier to catch the teams above than get clear of a chasing pack. It can''t happen though....can it?

[/quote]

So............... we still got a chance of the play-offs then??????????????????

[/quote]

We NEVER had a chance of the play-offs Nutty..........

It was only ever a deluded fantasy dreamt up by deluded fans in denial........sadly........