Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

David Marshall

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Kathy"]

From the picture on the back of the EDP he looks like a big lad.

[/quote]

Don''t you ever think about anything else?

[/quote]

I dont know what you mean. As Barclay End Boy said, he is 6ft 3".

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]anothe rmisfit from celtic - god help us

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]

Didnt take long for my light hearted thread to turn grumpy did it?

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]

just like that Sutton lad.. a Celtic Misfit i seem to remember u Advocate us bring back to the club

jas :)

Ronbol Ronbol - re Another misfit from Celtic.

Were you refering to our previous signing from them, one Malky Mackay?

or another former Celtic player, Dion Dublin?

I assume you were refering to (surprise surprise...) Peter Grant? Surely not yet another pointless dig at Pg just for the sake of it? No, cant it be. Can it?

Easy there Ronbol...he''s a quality keeper. Certainly got the potential, if we sign him, to be another Gunn-a legend from Scotland.

I don''t know why Strachan hasn''t made him first choice, it might just be that the Pole was available and Celtic thought they had to make the most of the opportunity-guess its the same anywhere, when we had Greeno in goal, if we''d had the opportunity to sign Chris Kirkland, we would have done, but that wouldn''t have meant Greeno was a bad keeper.

PG looks as if he is nuilding a spine -GK (Marshall?)- CB (?)- ST (Brown?). Things should come from that, lets hope so.

[quote user="Kathy"]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]anothe rmisfit from celtic - god help usSACK GRANT NOW[/quote]

Didnt take long for my light hearted thread to turn grumpy did it?

[/quote]When ronbol''s here moans are near and despair is in the air! Wahey, poetry!

If he signs, he''s going to be a very busy lad................does this signal Grant is going for nil nil draws now................because if Eanie is out long term, no other City player will score......thats for sure!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If he signs, he''s going to be a very busy lad................does this signal Grant is going for nil nil draws now................because if Eanie is out long term, no other City player will score......thats for sure!.[/quote]

Thankfully Wiz, I think it signals that Grant has had enough of Gallacher. Nice bloke, good shot-stopper, no presence or organisation though.

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]

What the hell are you on about ronbol? David Marshal isn''t a misfit, he''s a great prospect and i''m a massive fan of his. I never thought we would be able to buy such an highly rated player and if we pull this off, then it''s going to be a MASSIVE signing for the club.

I feel your clutching at straws, ronbol

Great news. I don''t rate Gallacher at all and have only heard good things about this lad. It''ll please Kathy and CA too....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

We need a keeper that can dominate their 6 yard area and hopefully Marshall will be the man to do it. I am sure having a keeper who you have confidence in will do wonders for the defence.

[/quote]

I would prefer a keeper who dominates the 18 yard area! We haven''t had one since Gunny - Green for all his attributes didn''t command his area well enough.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

We need a keeper that can dominate their 6 yard area and hopefully Marshall will be the man to do it. I am sure having a keeper who you have confidence in will do wonders for the defence.

[/quote]

I think the confidence issue is the biggest problem we have at the moment. Doherty and Shackell can both hold their own in this division WHEN playing with an experienced or dominant partner, i.e. Flem, Davenport or Dion, but together it''s two indians and no chiefs, and if the keeper is doing a Marcel Marceau impression as well that''s when we struggle. Hopefully Marshall is a talker and gives his defence confidence. (If they can penetrate the accent!)

ronbol, I have read your posts in the past and totally dismissed them as being an extreme view. Recently I have begun to appreciate where you are coming from a bit more, but your latest post displays a very shallow and hugely bigotted point of view which I have difficulty spelling but unfortunately have little difficulty understanding. Your blanket dismissal of Marshall is a no brainer, literally.