Sign in to follow this  
The Judge

Munby - "we must prepare for the worst"

"Prepare for failure and you will fail" as the quote from successful businessmen goes, however NCFC board I say "prepare for success and ultimately you will succeed".

An incredibly worrying statement from our Chairman and starts to really get down to the ambition they have for this club. He also goes on to say "we are obsessed with off field activities" - when will they get it into their heads that ultimately the success or failure of all these off field activity are firmly linked to the success of the team ON THE FIELD.....if the team aren''t success why will people want to have meetings, conferences, weddings, events, dinners etc etc etc at NCFC

As a board they have totally mis-managed the fantastic opportunity the foray in to the Premiership gave us. They keep saying they want to run the club as a business - well sorry Mr Munby if you were the board of a normal business you would have gone out of business or been sacked long ago. It is only because us football supporters are such a loyal bunch (i.e. there is no alternative for us) that you are still where you are.

I''m not a share holder (but have been a season ticket holder for the last 16 years before people have a snipe at me) so can''t go to the AGM tonight - but those of you who are - GIVE THEM HELL !!

A business should have an Objective and a plan to achieve that objective. If for NCFC it is the Premier League - get them to tell us HOW they are going to achieve it - not all this HOPE rubbish they keep coming up with. Businesses don''t HOPE for success they plan and invest for it.

No doubt Doncaster will say at some stage as he has previously "hindsight is not an exact science" in relation to hanging on to Worthington to long- can''t disagree with the statement Mr Doncaster, but you are paid a significant amount of money to make the RIGHT decisions at the right time, and you are starting to build up quite a list of wrong decisions - ultimately you are accountable - don''t pass the buck.

Rant over...

Comparing the performance of a football club  with that of  any other business  is total rubbish ,   why ?  because when a football clubs  workforce ( the players ! )    don`t  do the job they get payed for  , they can`t be fired  !!    let me know of any other business   that has this problem  .....

Agreed sheded. I''m not the one constantly comparing a football club to a business - it the NCFC board that try to do that and fail. More reason to have football people in control rather than a bunch of business people don''t you think.

However what I am saying is that any organisation need objectives and plans to meet them - and then if they don''t achieve them they should be held responsible.

Bit concerned that Old Mumblie is focussing on potential relegation rather than a potential escape route.  Shouldn''t he be doing some more voice overs or whatever it is he does to earn a crust and put some more dosh into the coffers?  After all, if I''ve got to cough up another £12 for my premier plastic seat in the Lower Barclay then surely the Board should be upping their contributions?