Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Who is having second thoughts?

not sure Foggo, I find it hard to get the enthuiam these days at Carrow Road.  We have a team of players of which so many I dislike - something I can never remember before - even under Rioch and Walker II the players may not have been good enough but I couldnt fault them.  we have so many failures at this level on huge pay packets and total wasters it is untrue.

The board has created this situation through blind loyalty to a manager whom had run his course.  Due to the fan unrest the atmosphere in the stadium has died.  As soon as the wall of silence entered Carrow Road that put pay to it for some time to come.  Thats what you get when you go against the majority of fans wishes for so long.  I can never remember the stadium being so quiet.

The sooner the dead wood is dumped from our club the better.

A good reply Foggo, just a couple of points,firstly, i class myself as a devoted fan and i feel sick to the stomach that i have got to the point where i am considering my future as a season ticket holder, i really feel we are being let down by the lack of ambition of the board and how we always seem to have excuses as to where the cash from sales of players and parachute payments have gone, what ever league we are in i will cheer if we win and sulk when we lose but as a FOOTBALL fan i want to be entertained and believe that the players who wear the shirt of Norwich City should feel as strongly about the club as i do, and at the moment we have to many poor excuses for footballers who i just can''t imagine give a toss about City, as long as they get a big pay packet at the end of the week they are happy!! secondly my son doesn''t come at the moment not because of moaning and whingers but because he gets bored of watching the trash served up at Carrow Road.                                                                                       We all want this club to rise from its slump but some of us are less tolerant than others.

i will always renew my season ticket ,players ,managers will always come and go but loyal fans will be here forever how can you so called loyal fans even think about not renewing your season ticket.

win or lose

we hit the booze

city till i die

come on city.

I will almost certainly not renew because while "devoted" to this club it does not mean that I am prepared to be exploited and when the risk/reward ratio gets too far out of sync I will continue to support and attend but just not through the mechanism of a season ticket.

So my round trip is 350 miles, it costs me £50 for petrol each home match plus £20 on food and snacks minimum then a bit on programmes and merchandise if I go round the shop and buy some garish tat which my life would not be complete without (!). So all in all nearly half my Saturdays are used up from 9am to 8.30pm (and returning at 2am on a weeknight is not great either) the total cost is around £2000 and much of the time I drive home in the dark and pouring rain in silence and half depressed. But then I do it again a couple of weeks later.

However much as I love the club I am going to do this less from now on so the season ticket becomes les viable and its not needed anymore to guarantee a casual tickets as I reckon they will be in plentiful supply next season. As a result I will be less tired, less frustrated, see the wife and kids more, and have more money for our anuual holiday.

I''ll still be at Carrow Road regulalrly, still hold my shares, follow the results and progress on teletext and buy the books, videos etc each year. But I am not going to commit to doing it in the way that a season ticket requires.

Foggo, in my humble opinion most kids are glory hunters that’s why you see so many wearing Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc shirts etc. They like to support a team doing well that’s why a lot of them will transfer their loyalty elsewhere and give up going to Carrow Road They have had enough of the under performers that they see t Carrow Road and lack of ambition by our board. They don’t want losers.  

well that  is  it  for the  three of  us i

rather watch  my  12 year old  in his team on sunday.  Better still he

would give  110% if he got  out there with that  lot we  have been ticket holders for  year but the sheer dross being  played  in front of us and lack of signings has showen the light the gates are down  and

with no end in sight watch them fall by the end of season .

Put the prices  up more like  put them down''  let  no one be  mistaken  it will not be  a lockout  next year hard earnt  money

is hard earnt not given to a bunch of  overated footballers who have  little hart for a fight//

Made my mind up. I''ve struggled with affording this years season ticket prices and i was hoping we''d maybe buy some players in and play well. But it is no fun anymore. I can''t afford all these stupid price rises and it makes me sick. When i was younger i could go to matches for £1 and bigger matches at £10. I can''t believe how the club is betraying us. Unfortunetely for them they will learn the hard way now. While those footballers are made through their ears I have to work part time after college to afford to go to University and to afford a car. It sickens me when i walk out after a thrashing by Plymouth to find their BMW''s and Merc''s all parked out the back of the stadium. Im not renewing. Not until the prices are better and and the football is better.

I''m not renewing mine.

However, i will most probably still go to every game but will just buy on the day or a couple of days before.

If i know i can get a ticket casually i am not going to renew my season ticket when we are in the Championship. I  want to feel more in control of my finances. If i want to save up for something i can abstain from the footy for a while.

I  will still go to games whether league one or Championship, i am just not prepared to committ to money coming out of my account every month for 9 months.

I had second thoughts last year so does that make these my third thoughts?

Q.What went wrong with the club?  A.The board forgot it was in charge of a FOOTBALL club.

Listen to whats being said,  the football bubble will burst soon and all those self obsessed so called professionals will actually have to earn a living for a change.  My son (11yrs) like so many others, as been said, is fed up of watching this tripe week in week out and doesn''t want to waste his saturdays with a club that has no ambition, underperforms and is quite happy to be a below average "2nd" division club.  I work hard for my money and no longer prepared to line the pockets of ''players'' who put nothing back into the game.  Has it ever occured to you why supporters fund raise for the academy and yet players get paid extortionate wages regardless of how they perform?  Even if a club gets relogated they expect their wages to remain the same.  That became evident when the scum got relegated and there was some realisiation across the terraces country wide.  It will take time but the end of high priced football is nigh!

No, I will not be renewing, nor will my son and yes we are fans!

I have been informed by someone at the club that 24.000 supporters'' at each home game only generates 40% of the money required to run the club each financial year. With that in mind and the fact the the parachute money stops after this season N.C.F.C are in a serious position from next season if they loose season ticket holders. I for one may not renew. 

GRANT OUT. BOYCOTT THE WOLVES GAME. SUPPORTER POWER WILL MAKE THE BOARD SIT UP AND TAKE NOTICE.