Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Who is having second thoughts?

For the first time i am really having second thoughts about renewing my season ticket, for the last three home games i have had an empty seat next to me where my 8 year old son should be, he no longer enjoys coming to watch the trash at Carrow road and my 13 year old daughter is a lost cause, i hope to god we bring in some new faces over the next two weeks because if we don''t the fans who turn out next season will be watching league one footy.I love this club and it breaks my heart to see what a pityful state we are in but i just don''t think i can cope with the tripe we are being served up week in week out. Any one else thinking hard about renewing.

For the first time since ''93 I am very close to not renewing my season ticket! I''ve been going to FCR regularly since ''84 & this is the first season I feel subdued/lethargic once I get to my seat in the Barclay lower. I still make the effort to sing, but it is bcoming a chor & surely this shouldn''t be the case?!

In the dark old days of Hamilton etc we were shi* & we new it. But, hey that''s how it was & I still enjoyed going along & singing myself horse week in, week out. Now I look at the individual players & think you''re better than players from other teams, but you just can''t be arsed to make any sort of effort, so why should I be arsed to make an effort!

OTBC!

Unfortunately I can only agree, I am thinking the unthinkable.

I am a mug and bet I will renew but its not that the club deserves it based on the last season and a half.  Its just blind loyalty in the face of reason.

I feel like I am at the wrong end of a bad relationship.Broken Heart [U]

As an " immigrant " from the east midlands  , maybe  I shouldn`t  be as affected  as the " natives "   ,  yet I actually   am !     its a crying shame really ,  Norwich IS a big club ,  the fans are second to none .....  its all in place here , yet its all gone tits up  ,    and I keep trying to work  out why   , and , time and time again  , I keep coming up with two main   answers  .... and they are LUCK  ! we are dead unlucky ,  Chadwicks  promising debut   results  in a clatter with a hoarding  , and out for weeks ,   Earnie  is out for the forseeable future  with groin probs , Jean is totalled from the word go .....   the list goes on .

The other one  , really comes down to Player attitude  , we`ve been  done over big time  with a succession  of , so called , professionals ,  spitting salvos of dummies  out the pram !  Francis, McKenzie , Green , Ashton  , et al ,  ( I`m sure others can fill in the blanks )   all  thinking they were too good for Norwich  ..... where are they now ?  answer ? no bleeding where !  they all got found out big time ,    and McVeigh  is heading down the  same route  .... 

discuss [:(]

I live in Leeds - I dont believe Norwich will be relegated this year. But we will only be successful next year with more positivity.  The team needs changes and the fans need this season to be over asap, with championship status in tact so we can holday from this nightmare situation we are in. I hope for Grants chances of survival we hit the floor running next year minus McVeigh and plus a central midfielder that can take the game by the scruff of the neck. Does anyone know of any cental midfielder in the lower leagues that would suit us? 

Dont know what we will do yet, but over £800 is a lot of money to watch a pile of pants at CR.

Did anyone get asked in the telephone survey about renewing season tickets?  My better half did and the reply given was, it depends on what the club shows me come January.  So for us it''s wait and see [:|]

Sadly, that includes me and my two grandsons aged 14 and 12 because they no longer enjoy the dross served up. It’s a shame because the youngsters are the clubs future long term supporters. Turn them off now and they will probably be turned off for good.

Takes me a 6-hour round trip for every home game and when the players put in less effort than you - it does make you feel like not re-newing.City til I die and all that though eh;)

I''m having second thoughts too.  There again I do have to drive all the way from Milton Keynes in order to see us held by the mighty 10 men of Southend!

Is it too much to expect professional footballers to pass accurately more often than not?  Or move around a bit and retain possession at a throw-in?  Or for once, the Doc to go forward for a corner, get his head on the ball and direct it towards the goal like Malky used to?  Only Croft and Huckerby look comfortable with the ball. 

Anyway, I''m sure we''re about to turn the corner and push for that play-off place......

I don''t really believe you can group Green with the rest of that group. Green stood by Norwich untill it was very much a sunken ship. I believe Green was wanted by many Prem clubs when we won promotion but he signed a long-term contract. Green left at the right time for him, his international career was disappearing if he stayed with us any longer. I have no ill feeling towards him, and if he ever came back to this club i would welcome him with open arms. The others however, i would welcome them with a friendly middle finger

Please enjoy my views

I have great doubts as to whether I will take up my seats next season. Oddly...I may be more inclined to do so if we drop down a league...because then a full rebuild will be a certainty and probably under a new manager and Board (hopefully)......New beginnings and all that.

If the current set up remains in place...I may miss a season and see where we are placed then. Not something I will do happily.....but too many disappointments have dulled my passion I''m afraid.

As an oversea''s exile who is a season ticket holder i don''t feel it neccessary to renew next season.  I keep my ticket to guarantee a seat when i pop back occasionally & to hold onto a seat for when i finally return to UK.  The overwhelming sense now is i''ll be able to get a ticket probably in any stand, for any game (ok maybe not the derby match) & there will be no risk of unavailability to get one again when i do finally come home, i''d go to all the games then so would make financial sense.

I can imagine a sharpe fall in season ticket sales but increase in memberships as fans from around the UK who travel weekly to the matches now budget to goto say 12games a season also won''t need season tickets to get into ground. 

Picking up a point from above about sons/daughters getting cheesed off with football, they are the future & they need to be entertained/excited by watch happens on the pitch win, lose or draw.  They are not getting that this season & if the board really do not realise the long term effects then when the renewals do happen they should see how many U16''s they have lost, i imagine it will quite a severe %

pretty sure I''ll renew whatever, maybe get a move from the River End over to the Barclay if others dont renew.my concern is that we''ll do a Forest and go down and struggle to get back up. If we manage to stay up this season, and that''ll be a big ask without Earnie, I cant see that the footy will be any better next season. I hope I''m wrong. I wonder what the club will do if it goes back to a core support of around 10k.

sadly its the up and coming generation of supporters who are loosing interest. My 8 year old doesn''t want to renew and is not fussed if he continues to go for the rest of the season. He would prefer to go and play sport rather than watching this lot.

As NCFC is marketing itself as a family club, the loss interest by the children can often lead to the non renewal by the parent or grand parent as going to the match is an opportunity to spend time with the child and in this busy life we all could do with that.

my two 16 year old sons are not renewing, my 14 year old says hes not bothered either way so i am thinking of it too, as i cant be ar**d to go on my own.

Interesting thread this one.

Next year we loose the £7m parachute payment. Whats the betting that the board look to get some of that money back by increasing the seaason ticket prices by more than inflation?

Looking through some of the replys to this thread it seems that many supporters feel the same as me and will be renewing but without enthusiasm. A nice big price rise could be just the thing to change a few minds. Quite a delicate decision the board have got coming up.

I can understand a lot of you having doubts about renewing your season tickets as it is a big financial commitment and we are hardly spoilt with entertainment at Carrow Road these days. But I hope none of you are thinking of giving up on the mighty Canaries completely. I hope all of you consider at least turning up on a casual basis next season - your club needs your support. Sadly I think a lot of the youngsters who are turning their backs on City in these lean times, could be lured into giving their support to the big four clubs in the Premiership. Now they definitely do not need any more fans.

Hmmmmm would they dare put the prices up after the season we''ve had? 

Surely a slight reduction, although doubtful,  would be more in line with how the club and team have performed.  And if we get relegated things could get a lot worse.

It''s tough, we want to support the club we love, yet can we put up with the rest of this season and next, going to every match to see the dross we do? And paying lots of hard earned cash for it?  

I don''t think I have felt this down hearted, ever, for the future of the club.  The crowds are getting less and less, spare seats all over the place last home match, and I don''t think it will improve, which is sad.  As someone has said before on another thread, it''s no use giving up your ST''s as a protest to the club, as someone else on the waiting list will just take it up, proving nothing. 

I''m thinking about renewing mine.........

ok.. thought about it..... gonna do it first chance I get!

It''s pointless in the extreme me telling people I am going to renew, there''s no dramatic effect to be had. But at least I really do have a ticket to renew in my "Real World".

There was an interesting post amongst these reminding us that there are Season Ticket Holders who would love the chance to move to other areas in the ground. Maybe those posters who are not going to renew could state where there tickets are to maybe enable a swap? Like IF Cluck has a whole block of season tickets in the Lower Barclay maybe they could get together with the club and arrange something?

Yes I feel the same way, Why bother? the players are happy with their pay for losing, the boards more than happy with their restaurants and hotel. Its only mugs like us who care if we win or not. But not for much longer and that''s after something like 20yr season ticket holder.

400 mile round trip for me and my 13 year old son, and we had our first ever conversation about whether we should be renewing as we walked up Rouen Road on saturday - add the cost of travel/programmes et then at c £2k p.a (plus the dozen or so away games we attend) then it''s a big financial boost if we revert to membership and come to only half the games.

We''ll certainly be leaving it as late as possible this year, even it does then cost a bit more, and really want to see all concerned at the club pull their wotsits out of their a***s over the next few weeks - Leeds and Luton in Feb are the games I''ll judge it on as they are vital on oh so many fronts and come straight after the Jan window closes too.

OTBC for another 40 years?

Just thought i would post on behalf of a friend and her family, they are not renewing next season after years of supporting the club her husband and two youngsters will be using the cash on a second holiday instead, sad really but i believe this is a sign of how unhappy many fans are becoming.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m thinking about renewing mine.........

ok.. thought about it..... gonna do it first chance I get!

It''s pointless in the extreme me telling people I am going to renew, there''s no dramatic effect to be had. But at least I really do have a ticket to renew in my "Real World".

There was an interesting post amongst these reminding us that there are Season Ticket Holders who would love the chance to move to other areas in the ground. Maybe those posters who are not going to renew could state where there tickets are to maybe enable a swap? Like IF Cluck has a whole block of season tickets in the Lower Barclay maybe they could get together with the club and arrange something?

[/quote]

It''s nice to be so popular Nutty.....[:)]

A couple of definitions from the Oxford English Dictionary.

1. Fan - Devoted follower of a specified amusement, performer etc. (Film fans , Football fans).

2. Devoted - Zealously loyal or loving.

Hardly fits some of the ''fans'' on here does it?

As I said on another thread the only thing that will stop me renewing is bad health or finances. I love this club and anyone who stops coming only because things are not quite as they would like isn''t a true fan of Norwich.

It may have escaped everyone''s attention but it''s a fact of life that football crowd averages go up or down. Some clubs hold on their core support longer than others when things go wrong (Norwich and Sheff Wed are good examples). The only difference between a few years ago and now is that people used to just not renew their tickets and the clubs found when renewals were due. Nowadays people bleat on, and on, and on, and on about how they''re not renewing their tickets. Frankly I couldn''t give a damn whether you renew or not (Not you in particular Phat, just anyone). Those who want to brave the bad times will stay and those that don''t will go.

If the unthinkable happens and we end up in division 3 ( league 1) there will probably be a far better atmosphere in the ground because most of the whingers will be gone. When things improve the ground will fill up again. It''s the way of the world. ''Fans'' have been joining and leaving clubs since football began.

It''s interesting that lots of responses say that their children aren''t going to come because of what''s served up. Perhaps they''re equally put off by all the whingeing and whining that goes on. They probably came to football expecting their elders to show a little more commitment and set an example as to how to support a team. If the children that started coming in the fifties and sixties were put off by bad performances we wouldn''t have a club to watch now. Even more interesting is that the same people then cite this as a reason to stop coming themselves because they don''t want to come on their own. What? - Will they get lost or something?

I don''t have a season ticket so I can''t really answer this one. It isn''t really possible for me to hold one either living a good distance from Norwich and having other commitments but I think if buying a season ticket was a possibility for next season then I probably still would. However a lot of this stems from seeing few games and therefore still managing to get excited when I do get to a game (Seeing us play Coventry away Lost 3-0, Burnley at home Lost 4-1 and Sheff Wed at home Lost 2-1 amongst other games has already dampened this considerably since last season!). If I had a season ticket at the moment and had been to all games this season, my outlook on renewing/buying might be very different...

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

A couple of definitions from the Oxford English Dictionary.

1. Fan - Devoted follower of a specified amusement, performer etc. (Film fans , Football fans).

2. Devoted - Zealously loyal or loving.

Hardly fits some of the ''fans'' on here does it?

As I said on another thread the only thing that will stop me renewing is bad health or finances. I love this club and anyone who stops coming only because things are not quite as they would like isn''t a true fan of Norwich.

It may have escaped everyone''s attention but it''s a fact of life that football crowd averages go up or down. Some clubs hold on their core support longer than others when things go wrong (Norwich and Sheff Wed are good examples). The only difference between a few years ago and now is that people used to just not renew their tickets and the clubs found when renewals were due. Nowadays people bleat on, and on, and on, and on about how they''re not renewing their tickets. Frankly I couldn''t give a damn whether you renew or not (Not you in particular Phat, just anyone). Those who want to brave the bad times will stay and those that don''t will go.

If the unthinkable happens and we end up in division 3 ( league 1) there will probably be a far better atmosphere in the ground because most of the whingers will be gone. When things improve the ground will fill up again. It''s the way of the world. ''Fans'' have been joining and leaving clubs since football began.

It''s interesting that lots of responses say that their children aren''t going to come because of what''s served up. Perhaps they''re equally put off by all the whingeing and whining that goes on. They probably came to football expecting their elders to show a little more commitment and set an example as to how to support a team. If the children that started coming in the fifties and sixties were put off by bad performances we wouldn''t have a club to watch now. Even more interesting is that the same people then cite this as a reason to stop coming themselves because they don''t want to come on their own. What? - Will they get lost or something?

[/quote]

Foggoe , your heart i believe is in the right place , and you are a lovely old boy and i think you are one of the best fans my beloved city have , but this season i refused to go to carrow rd ,this is after 50 yrs man &boy , now this has to be something serious , most on this board know the reason , have you any idea the pain i feel on sat at 3 o clock ? i don''t think you do , no one knows but me.

I''ve got 2 more years to run on mine so I''ll still be around.