Sign in to follow this  
crazy horse

Hammers' Late Surge

Alan Pardew is reported to reckon that "the race for the First Division play-offs will go right down to the wire''.
Umm, so not putting pressure on the top two anymore then?

I''m sure I heard a piece on SkySports News towards the end of last week in which Alan Pardew said that the automatic promotion places were, in his opinion, now beyond Wet Sham''s reach. That would explain the quotation you have put in your message, crazy horse.

Having played more games than the chasing pack Pardew would be better off hoping they hang onto a play off place. Although I am not overly fond of that team from Suffolk it would be nice to see them grab the last play off slot and then lose out on promotion.

Thanks susie b, I hadn''t heard that Pardew had effectively stopped shouting the odds on automatic promotion.
All the more interesting then, the change in position-taking over this weekend. With Worthy breaking silence on City''s chances it appears to mark a new phase in the final stages of the race. With some of the louder odds-shouters having a poor week and only Sunderland showing any consistency, it all starts to look tantalisingly real.